ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) PEO appointment does sponsor need to attend aswell?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skum

FLR(M) PEO appointment does sponsor need to attend aswell?

Post by skum » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I am applying for FLR(M) this week.

Just wondering if my husband( sponsor) needs to attend the appointment as well with me??

Also need a clarification regarding supporting documents. We have only council tax bill, mortgage statement in both our names. We also have baptism certificate of our son in both of our names. I and my husband can submit separate bank statements for 2 years. Will it be enough??

SoHopeful

Re: FLR(M) PEO appointment does sponsor need to attend aswel

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:35 pm

I don't think it's a requirement but he should give you a letter to submit explaining his absence.

If you don't have letters addressed to you both jointly you need 6 letters each for the same address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:09 pm

Ideally, your husband should attend with you but a letter on reasons why he can't attend can be provided too.

Documents can be in joint name or individual names as long as the addresses are the same.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skum

Post by skum » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 am

Many thanks for reply.
There is no where in the documents it says that my husband should attend with me. I am wondering even if he comes along with me whether he will be allowed to enter in PEO office (as the appointment is only in my name).
can he enter with me??

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 am

Yes partners can accompany applicants.

yaletown605
Newly Registered

Post by yaletown605 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:38 pm

I am so happy to have found this forum.

I have an appointment at the PEO office for FLR (M) visa. We have our lawyer prepared it and he is happy that we have all the necessary info and finance documents. The appointment is on Wednesday and that is when my partner/sponsor's teaching day at the University. He just got that job and is still on probation period and there is no one to take over is class. he would come with me of course but I am afraid that would sriously jeopardized his work. He is happy to provide a affadavit to show his support and a phone number to call. Am i still ok? Has people been turn down because sponsor didn't show up?

skum

Post by skum » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 pm

Actually, there is no where written that sponsor needs accompany applicant.
You know, I took my husband with me to PEO. But they dint ask anything from him. All they are interested in DOCUMENTS.

Take all the documents with you specially marriage certificate, Latest pay slip, back statement etc. You can take a letter from your sponsor that he cant with you ( but believe me they don't care whether he/she is there or not).

hope this helps! Good luck with visa.