ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wrong passport stamp given to me at Heathrow!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaun9991
Newly Registered

wrong passport stamp given to me at Heathrow!

Post by shaun9991 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am

Hi,

I currently have an EEA family member permit to work and live in the UK until 2017. I have re-entered the UK many times without any problem, but yesterday I returned from a trip to New Zealand with my wife (of whom I am the EEA family member) - I went to the EU passport holders desk with my wife (as I have done in the past) and handed the immigration officer my current passport, and my old passport which contains my valid EEA permit, and told him "Here is my visa". He fluffed around for a minute or so, then stamped my current passport and handed them both back. He asked me NO questions, which I thought was odd, but after 24 hours on a plane I was happy with this. It was only some time afterwards that I noticed he has given me the wrong stamp (most times I dont even get a stamp). It has an additional section at the top which says that I only have the right to remain for 6 months and cant work or recourse to public funds etc. Initially I thought this would simply be a case of sorting it out next time I re-enter the UK, but now this officer blunder has me stressing that there may be wider implication/a lot of hassle fixing. I live and work full time in the UK, is this entry clearance going to give me problems? Who should I contact to resolve the situation? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Shaun

vinny

Re: wrong passport stamp given to me at Heathrow!

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 am

He shouldn't have stamped your passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hubba

Re: wrong passport stamp given to me at Heathrow!

Post by Hubba » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:26 pm

shaun9991 wrote:Hi,

I currently have an EEA family member permit to work and live in the UK until 2017. I have re-entered the UK many times without any problem, but yesterday I returned from a trip to New Zealand with my wife (of whom I am the EEA family member) - I went to the EU passport holders desk with my wife (as I have done in the past) and handed the immigration officer my current passport, and my old passport which contains my valid EEA permit, and told him "Here is my visa". He fluffed around for a minute or so, then stamped my current passport and handed them both back. He asked me NO questions, which I thought was odd, but after 24 hours on a plane I was happy with this. It was only some time afterwards that I noticed he has given me the wrong stamp (most times I dont even get a stamp). It has an additional section at the top which says that I only have the right to remain for 6 months and cant work or recourse to public funds etc. Initially I thought this would simply be a case of sorting it out next time I re-enter the UK, but now this officer blunder has me stressing that there may be wider implication/a lot of hassle fixing. I live and work full time in the UK, is this entry clearance going to give me problems? Who should I contact to resolve the situation? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Shaun

He shoudn't have stamped your passport, but he possibly did due to bad training. Anyway, you do have an official vignette (your EEA2 residence card), which states that you can work and live in the UK without restrictions. Such vignette was issued by the Home Office and would trump any stamp issued by a border agent. Don't sweat about it. Anyone who would be able to create a fuss due to this stamp is most likely able to discern this as an error.