ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 about to be cancelled, questions?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wtmlive

Tier 2 about to be cancelled, questions?

Post by wtmlive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:18 pm

I am on Tier 2 General in the UK and my employment has been terminated. My employer has given me 1 month's notice , they will revoke my CoS on 20/04/2014.

I am actively seeking a new sponsor.

1) How many days can I stay in the UK after my CoS has been revoked?

2) When I get a new CoS, which application form should I submit to the UKBA i.e. it will be Tier 2 General but is there a special change of employment form if I apply by post?

Thank you to anyone who is kind enough to find the time to reply.

Apam

Re: Tier 2 about to be cancelled, questions?

Post by Apam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 am

Ukba will write to you when your sponsor informs them about your shortened contract. Until then keep looking for a new sponsor.
To reapply for another tier 2 visa the application form is aame as before. ...either online or print fill and post.
I will encourage you to read all about tier 2 guidance on ukba website and you will find all this info and more stuff there.

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:34 pm

I've spoken to a solicitor about a similar situation and they said NOT to wait for the letter and consider your leave to be curtailed 60 days from when your employer notifies UKBA. In my case, the letter never came.

Apam

Post by Apam » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Your solicitor has a point, wants you to leave the uk within 60 days if your sponsor informing ukba to play it safe. There is nothing wrong with that.
As I said better to read tier 2 guidance from ukba than listen to solicitors.
Either way, what you need is a new sponsor to remain in the uk.
It's your choice to leave the uk or wait for the letter from ukba which will allow you more time to look for a new sponsor and make a new tier 2 application.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:07 pm

which way is faster to apply in the UK? By post or in-person? I don't mind paying more for a fast service.

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:37 pm

wtmlive wrote:which way is faster to apply in the UK? By post or in-person? I don't mind paying more for a fast service.
Obviously in person, use premium service if you want same day decision.

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

Post by dreamcatcher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:00 pm

I am in a similar situation. If I complete 10 years while waiting for the letter from UKBA regarding curtailment of my tier 2 general leave, would I be eligible to apply for indefinite leave based on long residence?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:42 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:I am in a similar situation. If I complete 10 years while waiting for the letter from UKBA regarding curtailment of my tier 2 general leave, would I be eligible to apply for indefinite leave based on long residence?
Surely you are joking?

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

Post by dreamcatcher » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:45 am

I arrived in the UK in Sept 2004 so I'll be completing 10 years in september this year. Thats why I meant if I don't receive a letter from the home office curtailing my current Tier 2 General leave to remain until august, can I apply for Indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years long residence? I've had all my previous extensions in time and my current Tier 2 general visa is valid til July 2016.

wtmlive

Post by wtmlive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 pm

FaeLLe wrote:
wtmlive wrote:which way is faster to apply in the UK? By post or in-person? I don't mind paying more for a fast service.
Obviously in person, use premium service if you want same day decision.
thanks faelle

MariannaChris
Newly Registered

Post by MariannaChris » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:13 pm

dreamcatcher wrote:I arrived in the UK in Sept 2004 so I'll be completing 10 years in september this year. Thats why I meant if I don't receive a letter from the home office curtailing my current Tier 2 General leave to remain until august, can I apply for Indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years long residence? I've had all my previous extensions in time and my current Tier 2 general visa is valid til July 2016.

Hi dreamcacher. I am in a similar situation. I am planning to apply for long residence ILR but previously my TIER2 leave was curtailed. I''ve changed sponsor but only after receiving a letter from UKBA. Could you please tell me if it will create problems for 10 years ILR application? Many thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:22 pm

MariannaChris wrote:
dreamcatcher wrote:I arrived in the UK in Sept 2004 so I'll be completing 10 years in september this year. Thats why I meant if I don't receive a letter from the home office curtailing my current Tier 2 General leave to remain until august, can I apply for Indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years long residence? I've had all my previous extensions in time and my current Tier 2 general visa is valid til July 2016.

Hi dreamcacher. I am in a similar situation. I am planning to apply for long residence ILR but previously my TIER2 leave was curtailed. I''ve changed sponsor but only after receiving a letter from UKBA. Could you please tell me if it will create problems for 10 years ILR application? Many thanks
OP's query is over 18 months old, most posters here ask a question, and keep asking it until they get the answer they want, and then clear off....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....