ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

owenhehe
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by owenhehe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Dear friends here,

I got my ILR today.

I know this has been asked a number of time, but I just need a short answer.

My wife is PBS dependent. Does she need to change her dependent status now, or she can wait until her current PBS dependent visa expire (which is Oct 2015).

If she needs extend her visa, which route should she take? switch to dependent of a settled person or PBS dependent?

Many thanks to everyone here.

ilrholder78
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder78 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:29 pm

Hello Everyone

I have been a silent Reader

Congrats to those who got the ILR and Wish best of luck to those waiting.

Just to make you aware my timeline is as following

Applied 13th December 13
Bio Done : 14/01/14
Approval Letter Received: 25/03/14

Still need to put in FLR M For my wife and kids as soon as possible !!! UKBA Dont let you sit down . do they?

meghs18in
Newly Registered

Post by meghs18in » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi,

I am completely new to this forum and require help.
I am a legal resident of UK since Sept 2004 and am due to apply for ILR in Sept under 10 year residency rule. I wish to ask the following

1) Which form am I suppose to fill? (ILR or FLR?) I guess I am eligible for ILR since I have been living here without any breaks past 10 yrs?
2) What documents should I start to collect to make my application?
3) Am I required to show my financial documents to support myself? as in bank statements and all? If so, how many months and how much balance is required?
4) I understand English language competency and life in the UK test clearance has to be there. Are council bills, Tax returns and GP letters to be included?

Any help with this matter will be great!!

Many thanks

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi,

Can some give me an advise what should i do rather wait ?

I Applied for SET(LR) - 11 November , Bio-Metric Done 17 Jan2014.

I was waiting till yet, When i saw few December applications are progressing so i thought to called HO.

After trying few times on 0870 606 7766 number, I been connected to a Lady.

When i ask about my application status, She said: "Your Application still under waiting status, Not Been allocated to any caseworker"

When i said its been 5 months still not allocated to caseworker ?

She said Currently we are processing Applications till October 2013, So obliviously you applied in November so will start once we finish October applications....

I m Totally Confused !! !! !!

Experts need your advise

Thanks in Advance

Sadiq

Ak004
Newly Registered

Post by Ak004 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:28 pm

Applied on 10th Dec 2013 but could nt get any response
its frustrating , better to call now , check special delivery status
nothing appears yet.

tmpmem

Post by tmpmem » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Hi Sadiq,

I have observed the same for SET(M) applications. I have also been told (only this morning) that they are processing Oct'13 applications but I have seen at least one Nov'13 applicant receive his BRP.

By the way, you can call HO on their new number 03001232241 (instead of 0845 number).
sadiq.wmin wrote:Hi,

Can some give me an advise what should i do rather wait ?

I Applied for SET(LR) - 11 November , Bio-Metric Done 17 Jan2014.

I was waiting till yet, When i saw few December applications are progressing so i thought to called HO.

After trying few times on 0870 606 7766 number, I been connected to a Lady.

When i ask about my application status, She said: "Your Application still under waiting status, Not Been allocated to any caseworker"

When i said its been 5 months still not allocated to caseworker ?

She said Currently we are processing Applications till October 2013, So obliviously you applied in November so will start once we finish October applications....

I m Totally Confused !! !! !!

Experts need your advise

Thanks in Advance

Sadiq

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Dear forum members,
I was also looking for answer to the following question. Can someone please advise

Also at the very end of flr m form it asks sponsor or husband to sign the declsrations where it states that I am settlled and present in the uk while I am not really as my ilr lr application is being processed and still waiting for decision.

Please advise

Regards

Umar09 wrote:Dear seniors & Gurus,

If someone has applied for ILR(LR) and not received any response yet and want to apply for partner before 6th April, when filling FLR(M) How to fill question 3.15 " If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? [Date required]". My concern is if I leave it blank HO may consider it an invalid application.

Your response and contributed will be much appreciated.

Best regards

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Congrats to all those that received their approvals and documents this week, to all of us waiting let's keep a brave face and agonisingly wait and Gods willing we will all be next sharing our happy and successful stories. Let's keep hoping and waiting!!!

Once again congrats to all guys this week has been amazing and it's only Tuesday. By the end of the week I hope and believe that my brothers and sisters who applied in Nov and Dec will be smiling and enjoying the freedom..Gods willing!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 pm

meghs18in wrote:Hi,

I am completely new to this forum and require help.
I am a legal resident of UK since Sept 2004 and am due to apply for ILR in Sept under 10 year residency rule. I wish to ask the following

1) Which form am I suppose to fill? (ILR or FLR?) I guess I am eligible for ILR since I have been living here without any breaks past 10 yrs?

set(LR). This form you need to fill

2) What documents should I start to collect to make my application?
if you have all the passports covering ten years then you don't need anything else just passport.if any passport is missing then you have to provide some proof that in those years you are present in uk .
3) Am I required to show my financial documents to support myself? as in bank statements and all? If so, how many months and how much balance is required?
nothing except passports

4) I understand English language competency and life in the UK test clearance has to be there. Are council bills, Tax returns and GP letters to be included?

as you mention English and life in uk is require plus passports nothing else
Any help with this matter will be great!!

Many thanks
ss

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Attention all
Flr(m) rule is changing.

I will send my wife flr(m) this week.
ilrholder78 wrote:Hello Everyone

I have been a silent Reader

Congrats to those who got the ILR and Wish best of luck to those waiting.

Just to make you aware my timeline is as following

Applied 13th December 13
Bio Done : 14/01/14
Approval Letter Received: 25/03/14

Still need to put in FLR M For my wife and kids as soon as possible !!! UKBA Dont let you sit down . do they?

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm

allwell46 wrote:Dear forum members,
I was also looking for answer to the following question. Can someone please advise

Also at the very end of flr m form it asks sponsor or husband to sign the declsrations where it states that I am settlled and present in the uk while I am not really as my ilr lr application is being processed and still waiting for decision.

Please advise

Regards

Umar09 wrote:Dear seniors & Gurus,

If someone has applied for ILR(LR) and not received any response yet and want to apply for partner before 6th April, when filling FLR(M) How to fill question 3.15 " If your sponsor was not British from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? [Date required]". My concern is if I leave it blank HO may consider it an invalid application.

Your response and contributed will be much appreciated.

Best regards

You can write there......See attached letter or Decision pendinh on partner SET (LR) Application and his/her acknowledgment letter is attached with this application.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:14 pm

owenhehe wrote:Dear friends here,

I got my ILR today. Congrates .

I know this has been asked a number of time, but I just need a short answer.

My wife is PBS dependent. Does she need to change her dependent status now, or she can wait until her current PBS dependent visa expire (which is Oct 2015).

If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).This is HO reply for SSWZ. You might able to wait for few months to sort out English requirements.

If she needs extend her visa, which route should she take? switch to dependent of a settled person or PBS dependent?

Its worth applying FLR(M) for LR dependent before 6 April 2014 . you can Search previous 7 pages for trouble introducing after. Hope this Helps

Many thanks to everyone here.

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Hi all members specially SSWZ,

I have just received the approal letter. I submitted my Mrs application along with me because her visa was expiring at he same date. She was student Dependant. I just want to find out

1) How long will it take to get her passport along with viza as we applied together and I have received mine?

2) Did she need to submit English B1 certifcate and Life in the UK certifcate? ( because I did not submit them as I wasnt aware of that, even though I have them ).
3)If yes then What should I do now?

4) Lets say if every thing goes well can I apply SET ( M) straight away? because she is been with me since 2010 and the last extension was in 2011.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:17 pm

Dear all, I have received my biometric card today :-)

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:32 pm

Md anser wrote:Hi all members specially SSWZ,

I have just received the approal letter. I submitted my Mrs application along with me because her visa was expiring at he same date. She was student Dependant. I just want to find out

1) How long will it take to get her passport along with viza as we applied together and I have received mine?

it depends on case worker .one of my friend receive within a week after her hubby got ILR

2) Did she need to submit English B1 certifcate and Life in the UK certifcate? ( because I did not submit them as I wasnt aware of that, even though I have them ).

you need it when you are going to apply set(m) .for flr only English level a1 is required along with other address proof

4) Lets say if every thing goes well can I apply SET ( M) straight away? because she is been with me since 2010 and the last extension was in 2011.

yes as vinny explain and some other board member share home office mail you can apply after you receive flr .hope this helps .congrats and annoy your freedom.
ss

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 pm

SSWSZ wrote:
Md anser wrote:Hi all members specially SSWZ,

it depends on case worker .one of my friend receive within a week after her hubby got ILR

you need it when you are going to apply set(m) .for flr only English level a1 is required along with other address proof

yes as vinny explain and some other board member share home office mail you can apply after you receive flr .hope this helps .congrats and annoy your freedom.
Thank you for your prompt reply. as I have said We have not send the english language proficiency test and obviously I have received mine so what would you recommend what should I do.
Last edited by Md anser on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cable123
Newly Registered

Post by cable123 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 pm

Hi All..First time in this forum,,first of all congrats to all successful applicants.
My time line
Applied: 09/01/2014
Bio Done : 23/01/2014
Approval : Waiting!!!

I wonder if someone can answer my question please!

1.What happens for dependant after 06/04/2014? If my earning over 25K (22K employment, 3K self employment) am I still trouble in applying my wife and child?

2. My wife arrived UK 09/08/2011 and returned home country 15/07/2013 (1 month short to qualify 2 years period), she still in Home country coming back 1st April (Next week) she stayed there 8 Months (Reason for travel and long stay: Maternity) is she still qualify for FLR(M) if I wish to apply before 06/04/14

3. My wife need life in UK test to apply FLR(M)?

4. What is highly recommended? wait till my ILR and then apply for dependant or doing before 06/04/14. My solicitor says wait till it arrives.

Sorry for asking too many questions, hope Gurus don't mind answering and I believe it may help other too!!

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

Post by dreamcatcher » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 pm

Any help would be much appreciated.
I am planning to apply for indefinite stay on the basis of long residence in August 2014. My immigration history is as follows.
Arrived in the UK : 10/09/2004 on student visa
Tier 1 PSW: granted on 30/04/2009
Tier 1 Gen: granted on 07/06/2010
Tier 2 Gen: granted on 26/06/2013 valid until 09/07/2016
Now my sponsor is terminating my employment contract and my last day at work will be 30/04/2014. I have my wife and 2 yr old child on tier 2 dependent visas. My question is that once my employment comes to an end, I will be 4 months and 10 days short of my 10 year qualifying period for long residence application. considering that when home office decide to curtail my leave, I'll be given 60 days, and I can apply 28 days in advance for my SET(LR).
1.Would I OK if I apply for long residence even though my employment would have come to an end at the time of application.
2. During the time when my application is in progress, would I be allowed to work?

Thanks.

shantha

Post by shantha » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:48 pm

Please add me on Onedrive. My time line is

Applied: 12/02/2014
Ack Ltr: 14/02/2014
Bio Ltr: 24/02/2014
Bio Done: 28/02/2014
Appr Ltr: Waiting
BRP: Waiting

eureg
Newly Registered

Post by eureg » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Palmist wrote:
eureg wrote:hi,

I intend to apply for10 years ILR.

i have all my passports, police registration and home office letters in hte past 10 years.

are them enough as supporting evidence? or i have to send utility bills,GP letter, council tax bills, HMRC papers and so on?

thaanks
that is enough don't forget proof of english and travel history. You only need the extra documents like gp letter council bills if you don't have your passport.

Thanks Palmist for the reply, today i went and applied!!! i sent my degree and just all my passports and the stamps on the pages will give them the idea of my travel history hopefully!hope its not gonna take forever! fingers crossed

smileybee

Post by smileybee » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:51 pm

just wonder... in my Biometric card, there is an expiry date of 20/03/2024. What do I have to do then? do I have to reapply? and how much will they charge?

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi I am new in this forum. Please can someone help me regarding my Dependent FLR(M) visa application.I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency in first week of December 2013 and hoping to get reply this week or early next week. My wife got tier one dependent visa before July 2012 and I have one son born in UK in August 2013. My question is if I want to apply for my wife FLR(M) before 6th April 2014 what level of maintenance funds do i need to show and in FLR(M) form do I need to give full details of my son in section 4 because I want to apply for my son Citizenship directly rather then dependent visa. Thanks

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 pm

smileybee wrote:just wonder... in my Biometric card, there is an expiry date of 20/03/2024. What do I have to do then? do I have to reapply? and how much will they charge?

you need to change your picture thru post office like driving licence...

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:16 pm

smileybee wrote:just wonder... in my Biometric card, there is an expiry date of 20/03/2024. What do I have to do then? do I have to reapply? and how much will they charge?

Dont worry after 10 years you just need to replace this one free of charge and with new biometrics. But anyway next year you will get your british passport after applying naturalisation

Shahkakaram

Post by Shahkakaram » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:59 pm

Md anser wrote:Good Morning Guys,

It is a GOOD morning today. Alumdulilah I have received my Approval letter. I was worried because the last student extension which was in 2012 i received my application as invalid but I submitted back in next 6 days. My time line is as Follows

application sent : 24th November 2013
Acknowledgement Received : 10th December 2013
Biometric letter recieved : 6th January 2014
Biometric Enrolled : 11th JAnuary 2014
Approval letter dated : 22nd March 2014
Approval letter received : 25th March 2014
Biometric still Waiting

Ohhh my God I have waited for so long to write all that :lol: . Any way I m happy. All the brothers and sisters who are still waiting please be patient good things comes with it own time.

Congratulation Dear ,

just want to ask few question if you can answer here or in private message ?

May i know that the application which was return to you as Invalid in 2012 is due to the fees ? processing ? or for some other reason ?

Secondly , As your that application return as invalid and you applied with in 6 days as u recieved your application in 2012 ....Did you mention this on your SET (LR) application that you overstayed on your visa ? or did u mention any thing on covering letter ?

Thanks

Shah