ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from tier 4 student to tier 4 dependent

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rana4mi2
Newly Registered

Switching from tier 4 student to tier 4 dependent

Post by rana4mi2 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello everyone,
First of all thanks to all of you who has spend your time to help people with your knowledge.I am new here and wondering if I can get some help from you.I am tier4 student and studying in highly trusted sponsor college(no work allowed) and my wife have just arrived with a visa of 25 month for her masters degree in a university.She has 20 hours work permit.I know that if I become her dependednt that will allow me to work full time.My questions is-

Can I apply under the new rule and switch to her dependent from inside uk?

Please note I have ben here for almost 7 year and trying not to apply fromoutside uk.We got married in UK on 17th of October 2013.
Many thanks to all of you in advance
R

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Yes, subject to 319C.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Note that there is a requirement to apply "at the same time" for certain students and dependants.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rana4mi2
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from tier 4 student to tier 4 dependent

Post by rana4mi2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi V,
thanks for your kind response, my wife had to go back home due to health issue so could not apply as dependent.i was hoping if you could tell me one thing-
I graduated in 2011,then I was in psw ,I am now in tier 4 level 7 visa.i have 200,000 pounds available from third party .so can I apply for entrepreneur visa inside uk? It will complete my 10 years in uk, would it be a reason to be refused as intend to settle?
Many thanks for your kind respond to those you provide information voluntarily.
Best
R

adilzia
Member of Standing

Re: Switching from tier 4 student to tier 4 dependent

Post by adilzia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:50 am

rana4mi2 wrote:Hi V,
thanks for your kind response, my wife had to go back home due to health issue so could not apply as dependent.i was hoping if you could tell me one thing-
I graduated in 2011,then I was in psw ,I am now in tier 4 level 7 visa.i have 200,000 pounds available from third party .so can I apply for entrepreneur visa inside uk? It will complete my 10 years in uk, would it be a reason to be refused as intend to settle?
Many thanks for your kind respond to those you provide information voluntarily.
Best
R
No, students cant switch into tier 1 entrepreneur with third party funds.You have to leave the country then u can apply from your country.
Only those students can switch into tier 1 entrepreneur who has funds (£ 50000) available from Venture Capital Firm.