ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckless Driving Conviction and HSMP EC Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:49 am

No, he wouldn't need to. It's criminal convictions that need to be declared. It's very often the case in this jurisdiction, for example, that the police in effect over-charge - and when it gets to court, GBH is knocked down to ABH, ABH to assault, etc.

Attempting to obtain leave to enter or remain by deception is serious. I represented someone for this offence for sentence on the 6th July, for example.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

begster999
Newly Registered

Post by begster999 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:13 pm

avjones wrote:No, he wouldn't need to. It's criminal convictions that need to be declared. It's very often the case in this jurisdiction, for example, that the police in effect over-charge - and when it gets to court, GBH is knocked down to ABH, ABH to assault, etc.

Attempting to obtain leave to enter or remain by deception is serious. I represented someone for this offence for sentence on the 6th July, for example.
Amanda, I totally agree. Even though it was suggested, I am not going to lie about my conviction. I absolutely agree with AG's comments on this subject.

AG, your comments on my RD conviction did not give me an impression to lie at all, which I wasn't about to do anyway.

Bob

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:39 pm

Glad to hear it! BEst of luck with your application.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.