ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Denied Entry to Uk....is Ireland out of the question now?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taraann21
Newly Registered

Denied Entry to Uk....is Ireland out of the question now?

Post by taraann21 » Tue May 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi

I am an American citizen that has been living and working (legally) in Amsterdam for ten years. I have traveled several times to Manchester to visit my boyfriend with no issues. After a 2 month visit back home to the States I flew through Hethrow and they denied me entry and sent me back to San Diego. My question is will The Rebublic of Ireland automatically refuse me entry because I was Denied entry to the UK? I was planning a three week Holiday there in september but fear no matter what paperwork I bring they will think im using Ireland as a back door to the UK to be with my boyfriend...which is not the case btw.

Thx,
T

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue May 14, 2013 4:07 pm

It depends on the reason(s) why you were refused entry to the UK.

e.g You could be refused for simply having insufficient fund prior to your entry to the UK, and that will never be a case to be refused entry in Ireland if you can prove you have enough fund
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

taraann21
Newly Registered

Post by taraann21 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Well...because I left my job and apartment(in heinsite i see how this looks bad)to have a long visit home (had not been home in 7 years).They did not believe me that my intention was to go back to Amsterdam even though I had a job lined up and a place to stay whilst looking for an apt. Since the whole ordeal i have stayed in San Diego because an oppertunity came up i couldnt refuse..will return to Holland in August..Guess its pointless to try to apply for a visa because I can understand the situation looks shady. Sucks becuase im second generation Irish and was looking forward to discovering my roots.

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Tue May 14, 2013 4:52 pm

taraann21 wrote:Sucks because im second generation Irish and was looking forward to discovering my roots.
In that case, are you eligible for Irish citizenship? If you get an Irish passport, there is no chance that you would be denied entry to the UK or Ireland.

Malika

Post by Malika » Tue May 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Is one of your grandparents Irish? then you might be entitled to citizenship by descent.

If one of your grandparents is an Irish citizen but none of your parents was born in Ireland, you may become an Irish citizen. You will need to have your birth registered in the Foreign Births Register.

For more info,read here;
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... scent.html

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

taraann21
Newly Registered

Post by taraann21 » Tue May 14, 2013 6:04 pm

Yes...both my grandparents are Irish. That whole process can take up to three years and I was just looking to go on holiday and do some digging on my ancestry for a few weeks . Guess I have myself to blame for not being perapred...have done extensive traveling my whole life (dad was a pilot) and never encounterd this. Pretty pissed my immagration record is tarnished now....Does anyone know if this will effect my travel around the rest of the EU? Will I need a visa everywhere I go now ?

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Tue May 14, 2013 7:03 pm

taraann21 wrote:Yes...both my grandparents are Irish. That whole process can take up to three years and I was just looking to go on holiday and do some digging on my ancestry for a few weeks. Guess I have myself to blame for not being perapred...have done extensive traveling my whole life (dad was a pilot) and never encounterd this. Pretty pissed my immagration record is tarnished now....Does anyone know if this will effect my travel around the rest of the EU? Will I need a visa everywhere I go now ?
The whole process (FBR + passport) only took me 10 weeks. (That was via the London embassy; may be different in the USA or Netherlands.) The best thing is that your immigration record isn't taken into consideration. In fact, nothing is relevant as long as you have the right genes!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue May 14, 2013 7:50 pm

You can still enter the UK, but they advise you to seek entry clearance first (Similar to a visa). Ireland and the UK may share info. The shengen states have their own system.

If you were to pursue Irish citizenship, traveling in the EU would be very simple indeed.

taraann21
Newly Registered

Post by taraann21 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 pm

Thanks for all the input. So im assuming it doesn't matter that my grandmother is from Northern Ireland? I was reading something about all original birth certificates....obviously all orignals are held by the county clearks..do they mean a certified copy with an apostile stamp? Is there a catch..I.e "u have to be born before a certain year" (I was born in 80.)...this can really be done in 10 weeks? Ive been told up to three years. All this is quite intriguing since I actually have more Irish in my veins then anything else. Thaks for the advice.
Tara

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue May 14, 2013 11:22 pm

Grandma born in Northern Ireland - fine, that is still in Ireland - get original birth cert. The easiest way is to pay for a copy from the office in Northern Ireland. Your family may actually have her original birth cert, people keep these things carefully. If not I presume you know her date of birth and where she was born, you will need this to get her birth cert.

Get original birth cert for her child (your parent).

Get original birth cert for you. An original is one issued by the office that holds the certs (rather than a photocopy).

Apply for foreign birth registration. Wait about ten weeks until you get it. Then apply for Irish passport. Any child born to you before you register is not Irish, any child born to you after you register is Irish and can get Irish passport, by following the same route of foreign birth registration. If you have siblings or cousins encourage them to register, as EU citizenship is lost to their children unless they register before the children are born, and it is a very valuable asset.

You should not need marriage certs - the child of unmarried parents has the same rights, so don't bother paying for marriage certs.

No catch. Dead easy.
BL

barnaby

Post by barnaby » Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Apply for foreign birth registration. Wait about ten weeks until you get it. Then apply for Irish passport. Any child born to you before you register is not Irish, any child born to you after you register is Irish and can get Irish passport, by following the same route of foreign birth registration. If you have siblings or cousins encourage them to register, as EU citizenship is lost to their children unless they register before the children are born, and it is a very valuable asset.

You should not need marriage certs - the child of unmarried parents has the same rights, so don't bother paying for marriage certs.
Marriage certificates are requested for the FBR application. I assume they are needed at least for female ancestors who changed their name on marriage, because otherwise there would be no way to match them with their respective birth certificates.

Yosh
Newly Registered

Re: Denied Entry to Uk....is Ireland out of the question now

Post by Yosh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:53 am

I am using my Grandfather born in Ireland and have his documents which have different dates of birth

His Irish Birth Certificate list:

His first name (last name is assumed by the parents

His parent’s names (along with his Mother’s maiden name)

Place of birth in Ireland city and county

Date of birth

His Death Certificate:

His first name, middle, and last

Date of birth (This is 1 day off from his Irish Birth Certificate)

Place of birth which is listed as Ireland

His last profession (job)

His parent’s names as listed on his Irish Birth Certificate

My Mother’s birth certificate:

List his first name, middle, and last

His age only (this is 1 year off from his Irish Birth Certificate)

His profession (this is the same as on the death certificate)

I do have his old passport (UK of GB and Ireland) which was before he moved to this country

His first and last name

Place of birth (country/ Ireland and city in Ireland)

Date of birth (Which is the same on his death certificate)

His profession (this is the same one on his death and Mother’s birth certificates)

I doubt they are going to be able to find his marriage certificate to my Grandmother, but if they cannot find it they will send a letter. Is that going to be a problem not having his marriage certificate? Is the age discrepancy on all these going to be a problem? On 3 of these it list the same profession and on 2 it list his parent’s names. Do I need to send his old passport even though he is deceased? I know I am asking a lot but I want to get this correct and want it to go through. I do not think I can provide anything else unless you can think of anything. I wanted to thank you dearly for your help!

Yosh
Newly Registered

Post by Yosh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:53 am

I am using my Grandfather born in Ireland and have his documents which have different dates of birth

His Irish Birth Certificate list:

His first name (last name is assumed by the parents

His parent’s names (along with his Mother’s maiden name)

Place of birth in Ireland city and county

Date of birth

His Death Certificate:

His first name, middle, and last

Date of birth (This is 1 day off from his Irish Birth Certificate)

His last profession (job)

His parent’s names as listed on his Irish Birth Certificate

My Mother’s birth certificate:

List his first name, middle, and last

His age only (this is 1 year off from his Irish Birth Certificate)

His profession (this is the same as on the death certificate)

I do have his old passport (UK of GB and Ireland) which was before he moved to this country

His first and last name

Place of birth (country/ Ireland and city in Ireland)

Date of birth (Which is the same on his death certificate)

His profession (this is the same one on his death and Mother’s birth certificates)

I doubt they are going to be able to find his marriage certificate to my Grandmother, but if they cannot find it they will send a letter. Is that going to be a problem not having his marriage certificate? Is the age discrepancy on all these going to be a problem? On 3 of these it list the same profession and on 2 it list his parent’s names. Do I need to send his old passport even though he is deceased? I know I am asking a lot but I want to get this correct and want it to go through. I do not think I can provide anything else unless you can think of anything. I wanted to thank you dearly for your help!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Yosh: Have you added your post to enough threads yet? I seem to have seen the exact same thing 4 times!!! What is the point. This method just makes people bored and they are less likely to help.