ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

going back to the UK with my EU spouse and child

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

busya13

going back to the UK with my EU spouse and child

Post by busya13 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 am

hi there! :D
i just wanted to ask for some advice...
me and my spouse Czech national lived in the UK between 2004 and 2011. We left for Czech Republic in 2011, where our daughter was born. I still have the Residence Permit in my passport ending November 2014. Now we are thinking about going back to the UK, spouse wants to do his PHD there. I was told by the Home office that I can re-enter on the Residence Permit but just need to apply for the new one in November. Are the requirements for spouses EU of student applying for EEA2 different than for workers? Do I need to show in my application he is able to support us (bank statements etc)? I am confused about the health insurance question: all of us have EHIC cards, but apparently it is not sufficient and comprehensive medical cover is required. if we need to pay for the comprehensive medical insurance, anyone knows how much it approximately costs per person?
thanks a lot