ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR: Spouse English Assessment Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chowkal

ILR: Spouse English Assessment Query

Post by chowkal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:10 pm

Dear Folks,
Query: Regarding dependant English Qualification for ILR

I and my spouse have passed out degree from the same university (taugh in Elgnlish) and I had my Tier 1 (General) extension with PBS Calculator as a proof of the said Univesity Listed and english medium.
I know if the university is listed on the PBS ( as in my case) then I need to submit a PBS pirint out to confirm the english language requirement. Also, I had my extesnion with that as well, aothough its for points..

However, I have now come to know that a NARIC certificate is a must to confirm the degree was taught in English.

I think it's my turn to worry now :-( as my appointment is on 31st March)

Seniors and past ILR approves Please advise. Do i need a NARIC certificate, though the degree is listed on PBS Calculator

Thanks

chowkal

Re: ILR: Spouse English Assessment Query- NARIC

Post by chowkal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi Guys,
My consultant says that if its a reputed University and if we have the degree certificate along withmark sheets, then we don't need a NARIC certificate.

however, if you wan to play it safe, get a NARIC letter to confirm that the degree was taught in English and its costs only 55 pounds. And you get that in 10-15 working days

Thanks

sky2020

Re: ILR: Spouse English Assessment Query

Post by sky2020 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:55 pm

If your degree score points in calculator 30 (even if it is not scoring any points for english) you can show PBS cal Degree score printout + University letter, thats what i got reply from UKBA. you can drop them email and confirm yourself as well.

I think so many cases have success with same way.

thanks

S

chowkal

Re: ILR: Spouse English Assessment Query

Post by chowkal » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks @ SKY2020