ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from bank for maintenance funds mandatory?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Letter from bank for maintenance funds mandatory?

Post by subrataduari » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 am

Hi All

I am applying for my wife's visa from India. I am on Tier 1 general. My question is do I need to provide a letter from the bank along with the bank statement confirming my sufficient funds? I thought a printed bank statement with bank seal would be enough. but now I got to know the dependent visa got rejected for some people because there was no reference letter from the bank. Please share your advice. I do appreciate your help!

Thanks
Subrata

O_Relly

Re: Letter from bank for maintenance funds mandatory?

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Going by the Tier 1 policy guidelines , the original bank statements should suffice. In case it is a duplicate from the bank, then it is expected to be sealed and signed by the bank for proving authenticity.

In my case for dependent visa for my son, the most recent statement was a duplicate, issued by the bank(hsbc in my case), which they refused to sign and stamp, as it was in company letterhead and the visa was granted without any issues.

If all the bank statements are original, then a letter from the bank, shouldn't really be necessary.

Cheers.
Cheers,
OR

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:06 pm

To O_Relly

Thanks for your reply.

In my case, bank statements are printed from online with bank logo and personal details. LLyods bank did put a stamp, but refused to initial. Bit worried. :-(
Cheers
Subrata

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Are they printed and posted out to you by the banks? As in are they monthly paper statements? If this is the case, its sufficient to submit.

If you printed them yourself from your online account and got them stamped by Lloyds, then obtaining a letter from bank as well (as mentioned in policy guidelines) is a good option.
Cheers,
OR

elmfield01
Newly Registered

Post by elmfield01 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Hello,
how much money in total do I need to maintain for 3 months to bring my wife here as tier 1 general dependant.I am living in UK for 5 years.

Thanks in advance,

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:18 am

To O Relly

it was printed by me. But i found this guidance from the UKBA site:

Accounts held with other banks

If you have a bank account that does not operate exclusively online but you receive your bank statements electronically, and you wish to use these statements as evidence of funds for maintenance, you should provide:

electronic bank statements printed at the bank on their official stationery; or
electronic statements printed by the applicant and bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This stamp should appear on every page of the statements; or
a supporting letter from the bank, on the bank's company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements.

Please advise.

Cheers

Subrata

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:20 am

To elmfield

I think it is £600.00

Thanks

elmfield01
Newly Registered

Post by elmfield01 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks for your help.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 am

electronic statements printed by the applicant and bearing the official stamp of the bank in question. This stamp should appear on every page of the statements;
Going by that you should be good with stamps on every single page. For peace of mind, you may obtain a letter from the bank, but I would think it as not necessary.

Cheers.
Cheers,
OR

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:17 pm

I wanted to get a letter from bank, but Lloyds said they do not provide any letters.

subrataduari
Newly Registered

Post by subrataduari » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Hi All

My wife got her visa. thanks for all your help! :-)

Cheers

Subrata

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Hello Guys,

Ref: Maintenance of Funds

I am bit worry and need your opinion.

I submitted tier 1 extension on 6th March 2014 and I supplied Original statement till 17 Dec 2013 and transaction list from 1st Oct 2013 to 27th Feb 2014.

My Statement was set to Quarterly therefore didn't have latest statement but Natwest provided me list of transactions on letter head and they sent it to me by post. They didn't stamp it as they don't stamp or sign anything in branch and they said it is an official document and it should be suffice.

Do I need to worry about anything ? or it should be enough ?

Thanks
Za
zwadi

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:00 pm

zwadi wrote:Hello Guys,

Ref: Maintenance of Funds

I am bit worry and need your opinion.

I submitted tier 1 extension on 6th March 2014 and I supplied Original statement till 17 Dec 2013 and transaction list from 1st Oct 2013 to 27th Feb 2014.

My Statement was set to Quarterly therefore didn't have latest statement but Natwest provided me list of transactions on letter head and they sent it to me by post. They didn't stamp it as they don't stamp or sign anything in branch and they said it is an official document and it should be suffice.

Do I need to worry about anything ? or it should be enough ?

Thanks
Za
I got my visa and I supplied the statement on letter head but no stamp... All sorted
zwadi