ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR short of 2.5 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zwadi

Re: ILR short of 2.5 months

Post by zwadi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:05 am

Hi Vinny,

but what about the following which was published about two weeks ago ?

"The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be
counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur
if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an
absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period
between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in
the continuous period calculation.

" I think i don't need extension as I fall within 180 days"???
zwadi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:10 am

That just implies that the start date of the qualifying period for ILR is the initial date of entry, if you entered more than 90 days late.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 am

Thanks for the clarification Vinny!

Vary option is good but since they are going to raise fee it will cost me another 1k with two dependent and it will drag the case upto six months or more I guess.

Do you know or have reference to any good solicitor ? I strongly believe that I can push it at PEO because my passport was given back to me after a month otherwise I could have arrived in the UK within 3 months.

What do you think?
zwadi

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:02 pm

zwadi wrote:Thanks for the clarification Vinny!

Vary option is good but since they are going to raise fee it will cost me another 1k with two dependent and it will drag the case upto six months or more I guess.

Do you know or have reference to any good solicitor ? I strongly believe that I can push it at PEO because my passport was given back to me after a month otherwise I could have arrived in the UK within 3 months.

What do you think?
Just to let you know that I applied for another extension and got 3 years extension.
zwadi