ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Member seeking help and tips as applying for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

New Member seeking help and tips as applying for Spouse Visa

Post by sunnythebright1 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Hello everyone, I hope all of you are well, I am sorry in advanced and thankful as well as this topic may have been asked couple of times too but I am unable to find as it varies from situation to situation.
I am from Pakistan and my wife is a British living in Jacksdale (Nottingham) in a town, We have been married since 5th of July 2013 in Pakistan and since it has been a while now, We really dont want to wait more any longer, We met each other on the Internet, been together for few months, then she came to Pakistan and we got married, after 8 months of wait, We been to Dubai for our honeymoon and came back just 1 week ago from today 25th March 2014, Now we really willing to apply for my spouse visa so we can live together in UK, here is some more information on our case which can be pointed out,
She works as a Care and Support Worker and got paid really well according to where she lives as its a town not a city, She earns anywhere near 1400-1950Pounds monthly depends on how many hours she does, We speak like everyday on facebook, skype, etc
* we have pics of us when we were getting married (it wasnt a ceremony though but still i have quiet pics of us getting married and random when she was in pak)
* We have pictures of our honeymoon in Dubai aswell, Quiet lot.
* She also changing her name on her passport,license etc with my surname now.
* she lives with her parents and siblings but as I mentioned with her pay she can afford to rent an appartment from her pay easily.
So again, I would like to know any tips which you guys thinks are important to consider before lodging the application as I am planniong to lodge the application in upcoming month.
Here are few questions I would like to ask specifically,
1) She used to send me quiet lot of money every month like 300-600/month for various stuff, Is it a disadvantage to show to the embassy?
2) If we take the average she meets the minimum income of 18600pounds even living in a town/village still can that cause any problems?
3) Does she have to rent an appartment before applying for my visa Or we can just simply say that we'll rent an apartment when I will arrive in UK as she doesnt wants to live alone AND her parents house is not as big to accomodate me either.
4) After our marriage I've applied for a Visit Visa to UK twice which got refused ( idint declared the marriage that time) due to missing financial documents, Do you think that visa can affect my this application?
Any other advices or any sort of help will be highly appreciated!
Thanks alot in advance again!! :)
Cheers!

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: New Member seeking help and tips as applying for Spouse

Post by Casa » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Are you saying you were married when you applied for a visitor visa and you failed to declare this? If so, you may well have a problem as all information given is stored on the Home Office records.
Your wife's lowest monthly salary in a 6 month period will be multiplied x 12. This means she may be below the £18,600 minimum.
Suitable accommodation must be available upon arrival in the UK. In which case evidence of this will have to be submitted with your visa application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

Post by sunnythebright1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:25 am

Casa wrote:Are you saying you were married when you applied for a visitor visa and you failed to declare this? If so, you may well have a problem as all information given is stored on the Home Office records.
Your wife's lowest monthly salary in a 6 month period will be multiplied x 12. This means she may be below the £18,600 minimum.
Suitable accommodation must be available upon arrival in the UK. In which case evidence of this will have to be submitted with your visa application.
So can we do anything about our income then? Because taking the average makes her earn near 20k annually but according to what you said will be like 17k annually, What do you suggest? Is there anything we could do about it?
Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:08 am

Increase her working hours. I'm more concerned about the false information you appear to have given in your visitor visa application. You could be refused for this alone.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

Post by sunnythebright1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am

Its not false actually, reason i not declared the marriage because it was just after the marriage and marriage had taken place but wasnt registered by that time, basically i has no proof to demonstrate marriage as i received marriage certificates later.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 am

What reason did you give for wanting to visit the UK? Did you give your marital status as 'single'?
(Casa, not CR001)

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

Post by sunnythebright1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

I stated that its a visit for pleasure and to meet my friends (i named my wife and her family members as the ppl who were sponsoring me as friends, i stated my status as Single that time as my marriage was not registered and not had any certificate by that time.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:32 pm

What date will your marriage certificate show when you submit it with your spouse visa application? If you described your wife simply as a 'friend' then you have a problem.
(Casa, not CR001)

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

Post by sunnythebright1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Casa wrote:What date will your marriage certificate show when you submit it with your spouse visa application? If you described your wife simply as a 'friend' then you have a problem.
Its true that I described my wife as a friend but I didnt had any sources to prove her my wife that time, My marriage certificate shows my marriage date of 5th July but at the same time it also has the issue date of marriage certificate of 19th March 2014. (I applied for visa in july 2013).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:26 pm

In which case the Entry Clearance Office will see from your certificate that you were already married to your wife when you made the statement in your visitor visa application that she was a friend.
It may be wise to seek legal advise before you submit your spouse visa application. Giving false information in any visa application is a reason to refuse.
(Casa, not CR001)

sunnythebright1
Newly Registered

Post by sunnythebright1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:44 pm

Casa wrote:In which case the Entry Clearance Office will see from your certificate that you were already married to your wife when you made the statement in your visitor visa application that she was a friend.
It may be wise to seek legal advise before you submit your spouse visa application. Giving false information in any visa application is a reason to refuse.
Can you suggest any good immigration lawyers? As i dont believe in lawyers here in case of immigration as I already tried to seek advice here but they were just not bothered about anything and were pushing me to just sign them up for my case making a scenario that there no such problem at all.