ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Found a genuine VC and applying through them shortly

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VentureCapital Route

Found a genuine VC and applying through them shortly

Post by VentureCapital Route » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:49 pm

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have been looking for a genuine VC to support the visa application of my brother and as I work in financial services in the City I managed to find one.

I have checked their details on the FCA register and they do meet the definition of a "Venture Capital Firm" under FCA rules as their "permission" is to only carry out venture capital business. So they should also meet the UKBA requirements of "Venture Capital Firm". I have started preparing business plan with them. They can provide funding as either debt or equity capital but they are covering their risk by requiring personal or third party guarantees from us. While I am paying a relatively small amount for the business plan I have to pay nothing unless I get the visa! Seems pretty low risk to me..

Businesses I am considering are: Regulatory Consultancy services or Used Car dealership or Mini Cab business.

I will keep you guys updated on the progress.. very excited at the moment as VC route is the only route for Students if they want to apply form within the UK and of course I don't need to block £200K funds!