ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by londonbd2013 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Dear Gurus,Moderators & Friends, Specially thanks to VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ,AHYANG0129 & AZKA ....

As all of you know I'm a long time member of this forum & I got my ILR approval end of February 2014. This forum always so helpful. Everyone here is helping each others & that's the spirit of this forum. After reading everyones concern about their dependants about the new rule which is kicking on 6th April 2014. Guys I need your valuable advise, suggestions again as I'm quite stupid about Immigration Law.

I've booked an appointment in one of the PEO which is end of this week. I've already fill out FLR(M) & SET(M) though I've done the appointment booking under SETTLEMENT. My wife is here in UK since ?July 2009 & currently hold Tier4 dependant visa which expiring end of APril 2014. As I have already told you that we have an appointment end of this week VINNY, AMBER, SSWZ & other knowledgeable Gurus could you please let me now what should I don when we are at the PEO for her appointment. Should I handover FLR(M) or SET(m) directly? Incase they don't accept her SET(M) application directly then can I she apply FLR(M) first on that day & SET(M) on the same day? If that not happen can she apply with an new appointment for SET(M) SETTLEMENT on next day or any working day before 6th April 2014? I'm running out of time & I badly want to sort it out before 6th April 2014 so that she don't have to wait 2 years / 5 years more for SETTLEMENT application.I know someone was very lucky & got their dependant ILR on the same day & some of them even done SET(M) directly at PEO without submitting FLR(M). Guys I badly need your help again , as I have no idea at all, what should I say to them like rules & regulations etc. I know all of them were well prepared about their application but I've no idea about it . You guys helped me every single steps of my ILR application & I always remember you guys in my prayers.Please let me know in easy plain english so that I can at least discuss her issues with the case worker. please provide me any reference, any mail from UKVI, Law & regulations etc. I will print them & show it to them in case they want to see any rules or regulations.

Moreover, as you know she's here with me since July 2009 as Tier4 dependant, I don't think I need to show them £18600, but i have savings about that much which i got it from my parents. Should we show them how much we have in our bank accounts? She recently finished her MBA from a UK leading university & got her certificate in February 2014. I don't think she has to send her certificate to NARIC for verification because her Masters course was taught & research in english here in UK. She also pass her LIUK test as well. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I have no time to do any kind of mistakes otherwise she have to wait 2 more years fore her SETTLEMENT.

*** IN CASE SHE GET AN APPROVAL FOR FLR(M) CAN I BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT FOR SET(M) NEXT DAY JUST BEFORE 6TH APRIL 2014***
Guys we all are in the same boat, May be someone's cases are a bit different than others.End of the any single pieces of information is quite vital for each individuals. Please help me with your knowledge , I badly need your help. And those who are waiting for their ILR approval please patience & keep praying. I understand how frustrating is this period, but you just can't do anything about it. Just keep praying INN-SHA-ALLAH ALLAH will help us all. Don't think about it too much, carry on your daily life. UKVI services is much speedy & better than before. Everyone should get their ILR approval by 18-20 weeks time.

Many thanks in advance

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 pm

Shahkakaram wrote:
Md anser wrote:Good Morning Guys,

It is a GOOD morning today. Alumdulilah I have received my Approval letter. I was worried because the last student extension which was in 2012 i received my application as invalid but I submitted back in next 6 days. My time line is as Follows

application sent : 24th November 2013
Acknowledgement Received : 10th December 2013
Biometric letter recieved : 6th January 2014
Biometric Enrolled : 11th JAnuary 2014
Approval letter dated : 22nd March 2014
Approval letter received : 25th March 2014
Biometric still Waiting

Ohhh my God I have waited for so long to write all that :lol: . Any way I m happy. All the brothers and sisters who are still waiting please be patient good things comes with it own time.

Congratulation Dear ,

just want to ask few question if you can answer here or in private message ?

May i know that the application which was return to you as Invalid in 2012 is due to the fees ? processing ? or for some other reason ?

Secondly , As your that application return as invalid and you applied with in 6 days as u recieved your application in 2012 ....Did you mention this on your SET (LR) application that you overstayed on your visa ? or did u mention any thing on covering letter ?

Thanks

Shah
Hi,

There was a typing error it was in june 2011 and was return because of not filling one of the mandatory section and I did not mention any thing in the form or in the covering letter but after reading the forum I realised that I should mention it because I joined after submitting the application.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Malik,

Your acknowledgment letter says how to withdraw your application.

Thanks for you reply.

I'm still waiting for acknowledgment. Can you please commnet on whether it will impact my existing leave or not. I don't want that to be cancelled!

No, it wont have any impact on current status. you may have to wait until you acknowledgment letter for you ref no and instructions. don't worry

I've now received my acknowledgment letter and was wondering if the senior members can help me with the following points:

1 - Should I withdraw my application now or wait for 6th April in hope that there will be some relaxation?
2 - My wife has an appointment for 2nd April for her B1 test. Is it possible to apply before 6th April with provisional result and send the certificate once we've received it? It is going to be on hold anyway until they process my ILR application
3 - Application before 6th April where the applicant has asked them to be put on hold whilst the ILR of husband is being processed will be considered under old rules or new?

It'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light on the above points.

Regards
Malik15

Can senior members please comment - not sure what to do!!!
Last edited by malik15 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Md anser
Newly Registered

Post by Md anser » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:32 pm

Md anser wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:
Md anser wrote:Hi all members specially SSWZ,

I have just received the approal letter. I submitted my Mrs application along with me because her visa was expiring at he same date. She was student Dependant. I just want to find out

1) How long will it take to get her passport along with viza as we applied together and I have received mine?

it depends on case worker .one of my friend receive within a week after her hubby got ILR

2) Did she need to submit English B1 certifcate and Life in the UK certifcate? ( because I did not submit them as I wasnt aware of that, even though I have them ).

you need it when you are going to apply set(m) .for flr only English level a1 is required along with other address proof

3)If yes then What should I do now?

4) Lets say if every thing goes well can I apply SET ( M) straight away? because she is been with me since 2010 and the last extension was in 2011.

yes as vinny explain and some other board member share home office mail you can apply after you receive flr .hope this helps .congrats and annoy your freedom.
Thanks in advance for all the help.
Thank you for your prompt reply. as I have said We have not send the english language proficiency test and obviously I have received mine so what would you recommend what should I do.

Thank you for your prompt reply. as I have said We have not send the english language proficiency test and obviously I have received mine so what would you recommend what should I do.

expresso12

Post by expresso12 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:55 pm

hi all

some good news, have finally received my ILR. Awaiting BRP now.

thank you for the support and good luck everyone.

time line

app sent: 3/12/2013
bio done: 3/01/2014
Ilr letter: 25/03/2014

straight forward application - 5 years student, 1 year pws and 5 years tier 1 general.

docs sent:
passport
last two payslips
letter from employer
uk degree
life in uk

just to add, my employer also sent a request to expedite in Feb however I received a letter next day from HO decling the request.

thanks

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 am

Hi all

Please can someone tell me that I am going to submit FLR M for my wife as I already applied SET LR. It in process. But what should I do for the child section. If I dont fill it they will make invalid and return. Its a mandatory section. But I want to apply naturalisation for my son as he born in UK.

PLEASE REPLY. ITS HARD TIME FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO EFFECT BY 6TH APRIL CHANGE.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Calculations of adequate maintenance for FLR M Wife's applic

Post by allwell46 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 am

Dear members

Can someone please advise on the following calculations of the adequate maintenance please, As I am preparing FLR M application of my wife, while my SET LR application is being processed

A. total net income (Mine)
B. housing cost (mortgage + council tax)
C. total net income - housing cost
D. total income if family were on income support (income support for couple 112.55 + income support for each child 65.62 + family premiums 17.40)
E. comparison of net income after housing cost With total income if family were on income support

If C is greater than D then that means I have adequate maintenance and application is good to go. please advise

I also need advise on the followings please
Most people says show 3 months earnings (3 months payslips) but If I show 3 months then I don't fulfil according to the above, but If I show 4 months payslips then I am fine, Shall I show 3 months or 4 months,

Also My wife is self employed, Do I HAVE to show her earnings in the adequate maintenance or its optional, I simply don't wanna go for hassle because you know I have pay some to accountant for paperwork, also there are lots of paper work involved. Please advise, Shall I say in the form she is working but I am solely responsible for the adequate maintenance or some better statements please.

Many thanks for reading and replying.

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 am

msmussaf wrote:Hi all

Please can someone tell me that I am going to submit FLR M for my wife as I already applied SET LR. It in process. But what should I do for the child section. If I dont fill it they will make invalid and return. Its a mandatory section. But I want to apply naturalisation for my son as he born in UK.

PLEASE REPLY. ITS HARD TIME FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO EFFECT BY 6TH APRIL CHANGE.
I have same problem please GURUS reply....
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

You have to fill. Section 4 till 4.3 according to your situation and then leave all the things at the end in 4.9 write we will register our child British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and got ILR without any question in peo

KashRIz wrote:

ss

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 am

Thanks for clarification..

SSWSZ wrote:You have to fill. Section 4 till 4.3 according to your situation and then leave all the things at the end in 4.9 write we will register our child British by virtue of section 1(3) BNA .i did the same and got ILR without any question in peo

KashRIz wrote:

Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

shantha

Post by shantha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 am

How can I add my application details on "onedrive" (Skydrive)?

Mustakim81
Newly Registered

Post by Mustakim81 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:01 am

Dear friends

i have applied for my wife FLR ( M) and need to write a letter to the caseworker. can anyone tell me which address i should send the letter to?

Many thanks

CKP

Post by CKP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:49 pm

HI All,

I am just wondering, what is the real processing time for SAR file. I do aware that they have mentioned 40 days in the form.

what detail SAR file contains ?

If SAR file says all applications are on time and I have completed 10 years without any criminal Conviction, have passed Life in the UK test and Having PHD from UK univiersity.

Is all these enough to get ILR based on 10 year .

Thanks

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

10 years long residence applications

Post by T.Ahmad » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello everyone,
i am applying for 10 year long residence application, and i got some questions about it, my friend advised me to ask immigration board.

i came in UK on 21 august 2004 on student visa, after my Degree from UK i got PSW visa on 15 august 2012, my current PSW visa is expiring on 15 August 2014, my wife came in UK on April 2008 as my dependent, my 5 year daughter born here in UK. now i am going to apply 10 year long residence visa, my PSW and my dependents visa is expiring on same date 15 August 2014, there is 6 days short for 10 years. me and my wife going to do life in UK test. i got degree from UK so i think i don't need english qualification, but what type of qualification suits my wife leading to ILR. me and my family did not spent more than 8 week within a year in whole time period outside the UK.

my questions are:

1). there is 6 days short in my 10 years period, can i still apply for 10 year long residence application ? if i apply on 21 august after my current visa expire, does this effect my application, or does this require any justification ?

2). is my wife eligible for ILR ? if not what visa can she apply and which application form does she need? she joined me on april 2008.

3). what English qualification does my wife needs to do, leading to get ILR?

4). if i do not include my daughter application to wait until i get my ILR, what will be her legal status ? and will she able to apply for British passport afterwords ? does she need to register for nationalisation in registrar office ?

please advise me and give other information could help me or not mentioned by me here.

Many Thanks
T Ahmad

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:08 pm

T.Ahmad wrote:Hello everyone,
i am applying for 10 year long residence application, and i got some questions about it, my friend advised me to ask immigration board.

i came in UK on 21 august 2004 on student visa, after my Degree from UK i got PSW visa on 15 august 2012, my current PSW visa is expiring on 15 August 2014, my wife came in UK on April 2008 as my dependent, my 5 year daughter born here in UK. now i am going to apply 10 year long residence visa, my PSW and my dependents visa is expiring on same date 15 August 2014, there is 6 days short for 10 years. me and my wife going to do life in UK test. i got degree from UK so i think i don't need english qualification, but what type of qualification suits my wife leading to ILR. me and my family did not spent more than 8 week within a year in whole time period outside the UK.

my questions are:

1). there is 6 days short in my 10 years period, can i still apply for 10 year long residence application ? if i apply on 21 august after my current visa expire, does this effect my application, or does this require any justification ?

you can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years means you can apply end of July

2). is my wife eligible for ILR ? if not what visa can she apply and which application form does she need? she joined me on april 2008.

she need to apply for flr (m) and you have to write to ho to hold your wife app until they decide your application.no she will be eligible after 5 years. This flr form require English level a1 and income threshold.

3). what English qualification does my wife needs to do, leading to get ILR?

trinity college speaking and listening GESE exam is easiest of all.only 10 min exam

4). if i do not include my daughter application to wait until i get my ILR, what will be her legal status ? and will she able to apply for British passport afterwords ? does she need to register for nationalisation in registrar office ?
you can skip her in wife form but you have to write in section 4 of the form that you will register your child British so you are not applying for her.you can register her British on mn1 form after you get ILR
please advise me and give other information could help me or not mentioned by me here.

Many Thanks
T Ahmad
ss

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:57 pm

shantha wrote:How can I add my application details on "onedrive" (Skydrive)?
https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... 6R3aFEbvZw.

Click above link, select Edit in Browser and you are in..

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:03 pm

Please can someone help me urgently regarding my Dependent FLR(M) visa application.I applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency in first week of December 2013 and hoping to get reply this week or early next week. My wife got tier one dependent visa before July 2012 and I have one son born in UK in August 2013. My question is if I want to apply for my wife FLR(M) before 6th April 2014 what level of maintenance funds do i need to show. My annual income is £18000 from employment and £5000 from self employment. Please confirm what document do I need to provide to prove self employment and will letter from International financial accountants confirming £5000 annual income will be sufficient for self employment ? Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Your wife doesnot need to show any income threshold .i attach my hubby 3 month bank statement and payslips and get ILR and flr same day in Croydon 3 feb this year .you have to write just total income . For self employment accountant letter and hmrc unique ref num is sufficient .
ss

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 pm

SSWSZ wrote:Your wife doesnot need to show any income threshold .i attach my hubby 3 month bank statement and payslips and get ILR and flr same day in Croydon 3 feb this year .you have to write just total income . For self employment accountant letter and hmrc unique ref num is sufficient .

Hi SSWSZ,
Could you please let me know whether your husband got his ILR under 10years lawful residence or he was a work permit holder? I'm deeply worried about my wife situation. She's applying end of this week. I got my ILR last month & my last visa was Tier4 student & she was Tier4 student dependant? Could you please let me know whether we can still switch her in to SET(M) just after doing the FLR(M) on the same day or next day after approval of FLR(M). I want to do this just before 6th April 2014 when new rules just kicking in. She got masters degree from a UK university & done LIUK test as well.You know I badly need your advise as some lawyers told me that it's not possible for those who were on tier4 & the got their ILR, their Spouse won't be eligible it's only for the work permit holders?

Please reply me ASAP.
Many thanks in advance

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi SSWSZ,
Could you please let me know whether your husband got his ILR under 10years lawful residence or he was a work permit holder? I'm deeply worried about my wife situation. She's applying end of this week. I got my ILR last month & my last visa was Tier4 student & she was Tier4 student dependant? Could you please let me know whether we can still switch her in to SET(M) just after doing the FLR(M) on the same day or next day after approval of FLR(M). I want to do this just before 6th April 2014 when new rules just kicking in. She got masters degree from a UK university & done LIUK test as well.You know I badly need your advise as some lawyers told me that it's not possible for those who were on tier4 & the got their ILR, their Spouse won't be eligible it's only for the work permit holders?

Please reply me ASAP.
Many thanks in advance

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:53 pm

londonbd2013 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:Your wife doesnot need to show any income threshold .i attach my hubby 3 month bank statement and payslips and get ILR and flr same day in Croydon 3 feb this year .you have to write just total income . For self employment accountant letter and hmrc unique ref num is sufficient .

Hi SSWSZ,

my hubby got ILR due to long residency in dec 13 I myself applied for direct set(m) in Croydon but unfortunately I have to switch to flr and set(m) .here is the mail I receive from ho which save me on that day .for your situation if you get flr before 6april or atleast apply before that ur wife will come under old rules means she can apply for set(m) even after 6 April .in Croydon office they stop doing 2 visas in 1 day but you can apply as soon as you got ur brp for flr then straight away apply for set m .you can search few pages before and you will get that mail as well which someone share for those who apply flr before April 6.i am pasting my home office mail here for your ref about 18600 income .hope this helps

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email, I apologise for the delay in responding.

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

I trust this clarifies the situation.

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Sent: 14 December 2013 20:31
To: Settlement Ops Policy Mailbox; Public Enquiries (CD)
Subject: ILR QUERY

Dear Home Office,

Could you please help and advice me,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

3- Could you please mention the immigration rules to substantiate your reply?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.
This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.
This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

Please reply me ASAP.
Many thanks in advance
Last edited by SSWSZ on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss

Ali1975

FLR(M) OR SET(M)?

Post by Ali1975 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:11 pm

Dear SSWSZ and seniors, I need some help regarding dependent visa of 10 years ILR holder, my cousin got ILR on 10 years long residency basis and he is going to apply for settlement of his wife, I heard some people first applied for FLR(M) and then applied for SET(M) and some people applied directly SET(M) and got ILR. He got appointment in Croydon centre next week.

My question is; can he apply direct on SET(M) or he needs to first apply on FLR(M) and then SET(M)?

Do any one have any correspondence from Home Office which form he needs to use either FLR(M) or SET(M)?

Please share , thanks
SSWSZ wrote:
londonbd2013 wrote:

Hi SSWSZ,

my hubby got ILR due to long residency in dec 13 I myself applied for direct set(m) in Croydon but unfortunately I have to switch to flr and set(m) .here is the mail I receive from ho which save me on that day .for your situation if you get flr before 6april or atleast apply before that ur wife will come under old rules means she can apply for set(m) even after 6 April .in Croydon office they stop doing 2 visas in 1 day but you can apply as soon as you got ur brp for flr then straight away apply for flr .you can search few pages before and you will get that mail as well which someone share for those who apply flr before April 6.i am pasting my home office mail here for your ref about 18600 income .hope this helps

Dear Sir/Madam,

1. If a person has been granted ILR on the basis of 10 years long residence, their spouse can no longer be considered as a PBS dependant, and they must apply for an extension of stay as the partner of a settled person on application form FLR(M). A person here as a PBS dependant would not be able to meet the settlement requirements of the spouse rules if they were to apply directly, without first applying for limited leave to remain on form FLR(M).

2. As long as the spouse was granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, then the spouse can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain as the spouse of a settled person under Paragraph 284. These Part 8 rules do not include the Financial Requirements (including earnings over £18,600) you have mentioned, however they do require an applicant to be adequately maintained and accommodated without recourse to public funds. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. A spouse can combine any leave as a PBS dependant with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ansitional provisions and http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uage-life/.

4. A spouse meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Dear Home Office,

my spouse (the Main applicant) got ILR on the basis of ten years long residency and I had a Tier 1 dependent (PSW) status up till end of FEB, 2014 .I got tier 1 migrant dependent visa(as written on approval letter) on 27 feb 2012.Now
My questions are,

1- Do I need to show (18,600) income threshold for FLR (M) visa as I came very first time as student dependent in UK in SEP 2006 and then convert to tier 1 dependent on 27 feb 2012 ?

2- After switching to FLR (M), can I apply for ILR immediately as I already had spent two years as a dependent? And will the years spent on PBS dependent (Student and PSW) granted entry clearance on prior to July 2012 rules count towards the qualifying period?

Thanking you in advance.

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) In case of problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Vodafone in partnership with Symantec. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

Please reply me ASAP.
Many thanks in advance

arashmg
Newly Registered

Post by arashmg » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Just an update! Rang HO to follow up on progress of my application (applied on 7th Jan).
Was told by the lady that my application hasnt been assigned to case worker yet but they are working on the applications from second half of Dec (which is consistent with the skydrive). Hopefully they start Jan next week!

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: FLR(M) OR SET(M)?

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:22 pm

You already tag my post which ans all your questions.correct route is flr(m) and then set(m) .those who are applying for flr after 6 April have to wait 5 more years to get ILR plus they have to show income threshold which is 18600 for a wife without kids

Ali1975 wrote:Dear SSWSZ and seniors, I need some help regarding dependent visa of 10 years ILR holder, my cousin got ILR on 10 years long residency basis and he is going to apply for settlement of his wife, I heard some people first applied for FLR(M) and then applied for SET(M) and some people applied directly SET(M) and got ILR. He got appointment in Croydon centre next week.

My question is; can he apply direct on SET(M) or he needs to first apply on FLR(M) and then SET(M)?

Do any one have any correspondence from Home Office which form he needs to use either FLR(M) or SET(M)?

Hi SSWSZ,

my hubby got ILR due to long residency in dec 13 I myself applied for direct set(m) in Croydon but unfortunately I have to switch to flr and set(m) .here is the mail I receive from ho which save me on that day .for your situation if you get flr before 6april or atleast apply before that ur wife will come under old rules means she can apply for set(m) even after 6 April .in Croydon office they stop doing 2 visas in 1 day but you can apply as soon as you got ur brp for flr then straight away apply for flr .you can search few pages before and you will get that mail as well which someone share for those who apply flr before April 6.i am pasting my home office mail here for your ref about 18600 income .hope this helps

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind Regards,

Karen.

Dear Home Office,

My questions are,

Thanking you in advance.

Please reply me ASAP.
Many thanks in advance
[/quote][/quote]
ss

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Dear SSWSZ
Thank you very much for your reply. You are very kind.