ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Glasgow application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunnyday

Glasgow application

Post by sunnyday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:56 am

Should ILR eligibers and residents of Scotland apply at the Glasgow office by post?

Do you think it'd be easier than applying from Croydon given less people make applications in Glasgow?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:42 pm

I would highly recommend going in person to the Glascow office rather than applying by post.

Not only will your application be dealt with on the same day, but there is zero chance of them losing your documents in the post, which, believe it or not, does happen.

It's a bit more expensive, but then ILR is worth every penny.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:25 pm

Should ILR eligibers and residents of Scotland apply at the Glasgow office by post?
Well no! Just read the form! It is rather clear that any posted application needs to be sent to an address in Durham!

Why? In fact all they do in Durham is ensure that the application has been paid for, before they forward the application to a "real office" to consider it. That "real office" could be in a number of places around the UK, and might even be a PEO that is short of work.
John

sunnyday

Post by sunnyday » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:07 pm

My case is not straight forward.

so you're saying whether I'm residing in England or Scotland I will need to send my application to Durham?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:47 pm

England, Scotland .... Wales or Northern Ireland .... yes all postal applications get sent to Durham! As it makes very clear on the form!
John

braveheart
Newly Registered

Re: Glasgow application

Post by braveheart » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:09 pm

sunnyday wrote:Should ILR eligibers and residents of Scotland apply at the Glasgow office by post?

Do you think it'd be easier than applying from Croydon given less people make applications in Glasgow?
Glasgow home office is for in Person application only, and u need to call them for an appointment.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:12 pm

As I am sure you know (but for the benefit of others who may not) If your application is not straight forward then you must apply by post. In person applications are only for straight forward applications.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!