ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR at end of (3 years DL then break) + 4 years DL?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Friendly2014
Newly Registered

ILR at end of (3 years DL then break) + 4 years DL?

Post by Friendly2014 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi!
Can anyone help, please.
I was granted 1st DL for 3 years in 2007, I applied for further DL in 2010 but initially used the wrong form and HO sent my application back after 4 months. Later, I was granted my 2nd DL for 4 years in 2011 but HO says there is a break in DL now. Though, I have completed 6 years on DL but can not apply for ILR because of a break after 3 years.

MY BIG QUESTION is, what options will have at the end of this 4 years DL expiring next year in 2015. Is there any possibility for ILR at the end of my this 4 years DL?

Please can anyone advice me and pass some information from reliable resources.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Friendly2014

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR at end of (3 years DL then break) + 4 years DL?

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:57 am

Ask them to use discretion and apply for SET(O) after 6 years DLR. Remember it's discretionary after all. And you'll have completed 6 years DLR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Friendly2014
Newly Registered

six year Discretionary Leave with a break after 3years

Post by Friendly2014 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 am

Hi all!
I really need help to solve this puzzle.
I was granted 1st DL for 3 years in 2007, I applied for further DL in 2010 but initially used the wrong form and HO sent my application back after 4 months. Later, I was granted my 2nd DL for 4 years in 2011 but HO says there is a break in DL now, so I can not apply for ILR on the basis of 6 years (continuous) DL. My big question is what options I will have at the end of my this DL next year in 2015.
Please can anyone advice me and give some reliable information about it.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Friendly2014

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: six year Discretionary Leave with a break after 3years

Post by Rockefeller » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Under what circumstances were you granted DL? Give a detail info about your immigration history.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:34 pm

I must have typed that to myself :roll:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Friendly2014
Newly Registered

Post by Friendly2014 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Thank you very much all your responses.

Dear Rockefeller

Thank you very much for your help.
I was granted 2007 on the basis of article 8 human right/ my social life as well as I am working as SEN Teacher and involve in much more voluntary/ charity work, socially very active in the community etc. That was the ground of my first DL, though I am married with a British national with a child. HO asked me to go back if I want to apply on spouse visa. But I have/had my own place to live with mortgage, my worth while job and a lot of involvement in social work that can had a detrimental effect if I had to leave.

I hope this info would be useful for you.

chucklee
Newly Registered

Post by chucklee » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Did you travelled abroad during any of the DL and if yes, for how long you were out of the country?