ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allwell46
United Kingdom

Re: Calculations of adequate maintenance for FLR M Wife's ap

Post by allwell46 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 pm

@SSSWZ, Vinny, anyone
Please advise me on the followings

Many Thanks.

allwell46 wrote:Dear members

Can someone please advise on the following calculations of the adequate maintenance please, As I am preparing FLR M application of my wife, while my SET LR application is being processed

A. total net income (Mine)
B. housing cost (mortgage + council tax)
C. total net income - housing cost
D. total income if family were on income support (income support for couple 112.55 + income support for each child 65.62 + family premiums 17.40)
E. comparison of net income after housing cost With total income if family were on income support

If C is greater than D then that means I have adequate maintenance and application is good to go. please advise

I also need advise on the followings please
Most people says show 3 months earnings (3 months payslips) but If I show 3 months then I don't fulfil according to the above, but If I show 4 months payslips then I am fine, Shall I show 3 months or 4 months,

Also My wife is self employed, Do I HAVE to show her earnings in the adequate maintenance or its optional, I simply don't wanna go for hassle because you know I have pay some to accountant for paperwork, also there are lots of paper work involved. Please advise, Shall I say in the form she is working but I am solely responsible for the adequate maintenance or some better statements please.

Many thanks for reading and replying.

Ali1975

From Tier 1 to FLR(M)

Post by Ali1975 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Dear seniors,please help and advice, my wife is currently on Tier 1 General main applicant visa, I want to know can she switch her visa from Tier 1(G) to FLR(M) inside UK?

Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: From Tier 1 to FLR(M)

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes even you can apply in peo as well

Ali1975 wrote:Dear seniors,please help and advice, my wife is currently on Tier 1 General main applicant visa, I want to know can she switch her visa from Tier 1(G) to FLR(M) inside UK?

Thanks
ss

Ali1975

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Ali1975 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Thank you SSWSZ,My wife was on dependent visa from April 2008 to December 2010 and then she is on Tier 1 G main applicant, I am trying to establish either her FLR(M) application can be considered according to old rules before 9 july 2012 2 years route rules.

SSWSZ wrote:Yes even you can apply in peo as well

Ali1975 wrote:Dear seniors,please help and advice, my wife is currently on Tier 1 General main applicant visa, I want to know can she switch her visa from Tier 1(G) to FLR(M) inside UK?

Thanks

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you very much dear i got my answers, just the last thing that english course you mentioned can be use when apply for Spouse visa ?

T.Ahmad
Newly Registered

Post by T.Ahmad » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 pm

SSWSZ wrote:
T.Ahmad wrote:Hello everyone,

Thank you Very Much SSWSZ that was very kind and helpful. thanks again just one more question for you . below

i am applying for 10 year long residence application, and i got some questions about it, my friend advised me to ask immigration board.

i came in UK on 21 august 2004 on student visa, after my Degree from UK i got PSW visa on 15 august 2012, my current PSW visa is expiring on 15 August 2014, my wife came in UK on April 2008 as my dependent, my 5 year daughter born here in UK. now i am going to apply 10 year long residence visa, my PSW and my dependents visa is expiring on same date 15 August 2014, there is 6 days short for 10 years. me and my wife going to do life in UK test. i got degree from UK so i think i don't need english qualification, but what type of qualification suits my wife leading to ILR. me and my family did not spent more than 8 week within a year in whole time period outside the UK.

my questions are:

1). there is 6 days short in my 10 years period, can i still apply for 10 year long residence application ? if i apply on 21 august after my current visa expire, does this effect my application, or does this require any justification ?

you can apply 28 days before completion of your 10 years means you can apply end of July

2). is my wife eligible for ILR ? if not what visa can she apply and which application form does she need? she joined me on april 2008.

she need to apply for flr (m) and you have to write to ho to hold your wife app until they decide your application.no she will be eligible after 5 years. This flr form require English level a1 and income threshold.

3). what English qualification does my wife needs to do, leading to get ILR?

trinity college speaking and listening GESE exam is easiest of all.only 10 min exam
After this FLR M does she needs to apply for Spouse Visa ? can she use the same english qualification for Spouse visa and ILR or nationalisation ?

4). if i do not include my daughter application to wait until i get my ILR, what will be her legal status ? and will she able to apply for British passport afterwords ? does she need to register for nationalisation in registrar office ?
you can skip her in wife form but you have to write in section 4 of the form that you will register your child British so you are not applying for her.you can register her British on mn1 form after you get ILR
please advise me and give other information could help me or not mentioned by me here.

Many Thanks
T Ahmad

sadiq.wmin
Mood:
India

Post by sadiq.wmin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Alhamdulillah, Finally - i received my Documents back today, ILR Approved.

I guess HO Customer service center is waste -

Called on 0870 2 days back - Reply "Your Application is not given to any case worker yet"
Called on 0300 yesterday - Reply " Your Application is under process - takes max 6 months"

Today Morning " Received POST - Documents back with approval letter"

So Guys, when you dont get proper response calling these HO customer service - dont get upset, even they dont knw your status

Some one Please update Skydrive

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes if she pass b1 orGESE level 5 then she can use this for both applications even if it's expire

T.Ahmad wrote:Thank you very much dear i got my answers, just the last thing that english course you mentioned can be use when apply for Spouse visa ?
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:02 pm

Yes for now she is under old rules.but if you got ILR due to long residency and apply for wife flr after 6 April then she will be consider under new rules

Ali1975 wrote:Thank you SSWSZ,My wife was on dependent visa from April 2008 to December 2010 and then she is on Tier 1 G main applicant, I am trying to establish either her FLR(M) application can be considered according to old rules before 9 july 2012 2 years route rules.

SSWSZ wrote:Yes even you can apply in peo as well

Thanks
ss

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi, my friends! I need 3 months 6 days to complete my 10 years legal residence. (Please see below the details) Any ideas? Is it possible to issue general visa or family visit visa and apply from inside the UK for ILR? please!
Thank you in advance for any relevant experience of yourself or your friends.
M2013 wrote:Hi!
Thank you for the reply. I see I have 3 month 6 day as a gap between the visa expiring and the ILR application day. Is there any chance to apply separately without my husband prolonging the visa? Any advice, help please. Actually I need extra 2 months 8 days here. Please any ideas, please!
Spatacus wrote:
M2013 wrote:Hi guys,
First of all, thank you so much for everybody’s kindness and support that you have been showing to members of the forum. I have been following the developments of the British immigration laws since I am also hoping to join the ranks of the British citizens in the near future. But I am having doubts regarding my situation and would be grateful for your advice.
I have been on HSMP visa, followed by Tier 1 General Migrant, but as a dependent to my husband. My husband has been working abroad all this time and continues not to be able to qualify for ILR, I am staying in the UK.
The situation re visa is as follows:
Clearance: 11 January 2005
Date of Entry: 17 April 2005 - The rest of the Tier 1 General visas have been prolonged successfully.
The current visa expires: 17 February 2015
In this 10 year period I have been away around a month altogether.
So I am hoping to have a straight case for my application for ILR, 10 year legal stay.
My questions are as follows:
When making an application for ILR – do I have to start counting the 10 year period since 17 April 2005?
Is there any chance to apply for ILR on 11 January 2015, or on 17 of February 2015?

Thank you again.
Hello M2013,
the earliest you can apply for your 10-years ILR is 28-days before the month you will complete 10-years
your 10-years starts from 17th of April 2005.
hope this helps.

meghs18in
Newly Registered

Post by meghs18in » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:03 pm

Many thanks.

I have just been told that I will have to take into account any days for which there has been a delay from the home office to process my visa. Is that true?

For eg,

My student visa was meant to expire on 31st Jan 2013. A fresh application for Tier 2 was made and submitted on 26th January to the HO but a decision was only made in March. So although the application was intime application, the visa that was given only started from March. In the mean time I was in the UK. Does that count as a gap? The official HO document says an intime application is not a gap but am I right in understanding that? Also, when counting 10 years of lawful residence will I have to stay 1 month and 15 days more to be eligible to apply. Or least that is what I have been told but thought I would ask more experienced people here.

Secondly, I have such intime application gaps at least 3 times. Is that okay ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
SSWSZ wrote:
meghs18in wrote:Hi,

I am completely new to this forum and require help.
I am a legal resident of UK since Sept 2004 and am due to apply for ILR in Sept under 10 year residency rule. I wish to ask the following

1) Which form am I suppose to fill? (ILR or FLR?) I guess I am eligible for ILR since I have been living here without any breaks past 10 yrs?

set(LR). This form you need to fill

2) What documents should I start to collect to make my application?
if you have all the passports covering ten years then you don't need anything else just passport.if any passport is missing then you have to provide some proof that in those years you are present in uk .
3) Am I required to show my financial documents to support myself? as in bank statements and all? If so, how many months and how much balance is required?
nothing except passports

4) I understand English language competency and life in the UK test clearance has to be there. Are council bills, Tax returns and GP letters to be included?

as you mention English and life in uk is require plus passports nothing else
Any help with this matter will be great!!

Many thanks

khizarm
Pakistan

Post by khizarm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:10 pm

HELLO GURUS PLZ HELP ME.........
MY WIFE SHE APPLIED FLF(M) ON 27 FEB 2014 WE EXPEDITE THE CASE DUE TO OUR HEALTH CONDITION. ON 18 MARCH DATED 14 MARCH WE RECIEVED LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE FOR BIOMETRIC INVITATION AS WELL SOME DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BY HOME OFFICE WHICH IS
1 COMPLETE THE MANDATORY SECTION 4 OF THE APPLICATION FORM.
2 FULL BIRTH CERTIFICATE OF OUR SON.
3 PASSPORT AND BRP OF SPOUSE (HUSBAND).
4 FURTHER 3 DOCS BETWEEN MARCH AND NOV 2012 TO SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN COHABITING WITH UR PARTNER.

I PROVIDE ALL OF THEM SAME DAY WITH SPECIAL DELIEVRY WHICH THEY RECIEVED ON 19TH MARCH.
ON 25TH MARCH WE RECIEVED BRP CARD WHICH SHOW LEAVE TO REMAIN FOR 30 MONTHS WITH WORK PERMITTED.
ON 26TH MARCH WE RECIEVED PASSPORT AND DOCS WITH HOME OFFICE LETTER THAT WE RUFUSE YOUR APPLICATION DUE TO ENGLISH CERTIFICATE .YOU HAVE PROVIDED AND EDEXCEL ENTRY LEVEL 3 ESOL SKILL FOR LIFE HOWEVER THIS IS NOT ON APPROVE LIST OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE COURSE.YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED OF EVIDENCE THAT YOU HAVE ACHIEVED QUALIFICATION IN A1 OF THE COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFRENCE OF LANGUAGE. IT IS NOTED THAT NONE OF THE EXCEPTIONS DETAIL PARAGARAPH 284(ix) of the immigration rules.you have no right of appeal on this decision.

I am in stress to see this deciosn. can any one help please I would be very thankful.

shantha

Post by shantha » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:29 pm

Yes you are correct don't worry about the what people saying this people even not permanent residents in this country. Read this instructions https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1.0EXT.pdf

meghs18in wrote:Many thanks.

I have just been told that I will have to take into account any days for which there has been a delay from the home office to process my visa. Is that true?

For eg,

My student visa was meant to expire on 31st Jan 2013. A fresh application for Tier 2 was made and submitted on 26th January to the HO but a decision was only made in March. So although the application was intime application, the visa that was given only started from March. In the mean time I was in the UK. Does that count as a gap? The official HO document says an intime application is not a gap but am I right in understanding that? Also, when counting 10 years of lawful residence will I have to stay 1 month and 15 days more to be eligible to apply. Or least that is what I have been told but thought I would ask more experienced people here.

Secondly, I have such intime application gaps at least 3 times. Is that okay ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
SSWSZ wrote:
meghs18in wrote:Hi,

I am completely new to this forum and require help.
I am a legal resident of UK since Sept 2004 and am due to apply for ILR in Sept under 10 year residency rule. I wish to ask the following

1) Which form am I suppose to fill? (ILR or FLR?) I guess I am eligible for ILR since I have been living here without any breaks past 10 yrs?

set(LR). This form you need to fill

2) What documents should I start to collect to make my application?
if you have all the passports covering ten years then you don't need anything else just passport.if any passport is missing then you have to provide some proof that in those years you are present in uk .
3) Am I required to show my financial documents to support myself? as in bank statements and all? If so, how many months and how much balance is required?
nothing except passports

4) I understand English language competency and life in the UK test clearance has to be there. Are council bills, Tax returns and GP letters to be included?

as you mention English and life in uk is require plus passports nothing else
Any help with this matter will be great!!

Many thanks
Last edited by shantha on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:34 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Congrats Man and enjoy the relax time.

No more extensions .. Pray for us too..

Regards
Salam Bro,

Have you received your Biometric invitation letter?

Thanks

goldfish80
Newly Registered

Post by goldfish80 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 pm

salam alaikum brothers, I need your urgent help.I have found this forum today. I received a refusal for my ILR 10 application. I am totally destroyed.

my long story short: I have applied in Aug 2013 for ILR based on 10 years legal residency. I got refused on 19 March 2014 based on being absent from the UK for longer periods of time exceeding the time allowed on two occasions. (6 months and over) and overall spending more than 540 days outside the UK.

One of the gaps was allowed due to medical reasons as stated in the letter (being Pregnant with complications). this was accepted as a valid reason for absence. the other was because my son has to undergo a surgical operation (circumcision) which was not straightforward but with a lot of medical complications. the HO refused the second gap based on the idea that the second op was by choice. To me, It was not. I was under huge pressure, religious and familial, to do the op while my son is young otherwise it will not be done, and then leading to breaking the religious law.

I was not offered the right of appeal. My visa will expire soon. My husband is British, and have one son who is British as well. I have not left the UK for the last 4 years at all. what should I do? any other visa I can apply for? Please help me.

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:22 pm

A small tribute to SSWSZ
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOR prompt reply.

Thanks

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:27 pm

goldfish80 wrote:salam alaikum brothers, I need your urgent help.I have found this forum today. I received a refusal for my ILR 10 application. I am totally destroyed.

my long story short: I have applied in Aug 2013 for ILR based on 10 years legal residency. I got refused on 19 March 2014 based on being absent from the UK for longer periods of time exceeding the time allowed on two occasions. (6 months and over) and overall spending more than 540 days outside the UK.

One of the gaps was allowed due to medical reasons as stated in the letter (being Pregnant with complications). this was accepted as a valid reason for absence. the other was because my son has to undergo a surgical operation (circumcision) which was not straightforward but with a lot of medical complications. the HO refused the second gap based on the idea that the second op was by choice. To me, It was not. I was under huge pressure, religious and familial, to do the op while my son is young otherwise it will not be done, and then leading to breaking the religious law.

I was not offered the right of appeal. My visa will expire soon. My husband is British, and have one son who is British as well. I have not left the UK for the last 4 years at all. what should I do? any other visa I can apply for? Please help me.
What is your current status?
Your husband is british national why you do not apply for spouse visa before 6th april ?

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:34 pm

At this pace I think 1st or 2nd week of April, we should hear some good news for Jan applicants. Fingers crossed.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:At this pace I think 1st or 2nd week of April, we should hear some good news for Jan applicants. Fingers crossed.
hope fully
what was your last leave

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:58 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:Congrats Man and enjoy the relax time.

No more extensions .. Pray for us too..

Regards
Salam Bro,

Have you received your Biometric invitation letter?

Thanks
Hi brov no man i havnt recieved yet but dont know how long will it take..

princessD
Newly Registered

Post by princessD » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:00 pm

:D :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
Glory be to God,I am finally released from this long waiting,waoh I real thank God and I believe its good news defnetly,I have missed my delivery from ukba(as I provided prepaid envelop on my application),tomorrow morning am off to post office and I will inform you all,my prayer are with everyone who is waiting its gonna be with you before you know,tonight is shinning in my family,I cant explain the jooooooooooooooooooy,Thank you all for support and encouragement and I thank my saviour Jesus for answering my prayer today,As I woke up and lifted all my documents towards heaven and pray for them to come back this week,imagine it was already in my post without my knowlege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

application sent;28/12/13
bio enrolled:21/01/14
parcel Delivered:27/03/14 LESS THAN THREE MONTHS THIS MUST BE GOD AND IAM SO GRATEFUL TOWARDS HIM.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:13 pm

Thank you. :)

msmussaf wrote:A small tribute to SSWSZ
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FOR prompt reply.

Thanks
ss

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:17 pm

princessD wrote::D :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
Glory be to God,I am finally released from this long waiting,waoh I real thank God and I believe its good news defnetly,I have missed my delivery from ukba(as I provided prepaid envelop on my application),tomorrow morning am off to post office and I will inform you all,my prayer are with everyone who is waiting its gonna be with you before you know,tonight is shinning in my family,I cant explain the jooooooooooooooooooy,Thank you all for support and encouragement and I thank my saviour Jesus for answering my prayer today,As I woke up and lifted all my documents towards heaven and pray for them to come back this week,imagine it was already in my post without my knowlege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

application sent;28/12/13
bio enrolled:21/01/14
parcel Delivered:27/03/14 LESS THAN THREE MONTHS THIS MUST BE GOD AND IAM SO GRATEFUL TOWARDS HIM.
Many Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom :D

Please pray for us.

Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: Calculations of adequate maintenance for FLR M Wife's ap

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Sorry I have no idea about this calculation .

allwell46 wrote:@SSSWZ, Vinny, anyone
Please advise me on the followings

Many Thanks.

allwell46 wrote:Dear members

Can someone please advise on the following calculations of the adequate maintenance please, As I am preparing FLR M application of my wife, while my SET LR application is being processed

A. total net income (Mine)
B. housing cost (mortgage + council tax)
C. total net income - housing cost
D. total income if family were on income support (income support for couple 112.55 + income support for each child 65.62 + family premiums 17.40)
E. comparison of net income after housing cost With total income if family were on income support

If C is greater than D then that means I have adequate maintenance and application is good to go. please advise

I also need advise on the followings please
Most people says show 3 months earnings (3 months payslips) but If I show 3 months then I don't fulfil according to the above, but If I show 4 months payslips then I am fine, Shall I show 3 months or 4 months,

Also My wife is self employed, Do I HAVE to show her earnings in the adequate maintenance or its optional, I simply don't wanna go for hassle because you know I have pay some to accountant for paperwork, also there are lots of paper work involved. Please advise, Shall I say in the form she is working but I am solely responsible for the adequate maintenance or some better statements please.

Many thanks for reading and replying.
ss

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:19 pm

[/quote] Hi brov no man i havnt recieved yet but dont know how long will it take..[/quote]

You should get it by saturday.

I m hoping to get it on tuesday/Wednesday next week.