ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent / Family Visitor Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vfinancials

Dependent / Family Visitor Visa

Post by vfinancials » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi, I just want to confirm as I am currently on entrepreneur visa. I got married about one month ago. My wife currently have 5 years UK Visitor Visa. But when we got married, here NIC and Passport were expired. she got new passport with my surname with her name and Husband Name instead Father Name. Does her visitor visa still valid.? Can she travel on her visa on old passport? As I am looking its very hectic to apply for depedent visa so I was looking to pursue her old visa.. Can you please confirm. Thanks

adilzia
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent / Family Visitor Visa

Post by adilzia » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:13 am

vfinancials wrote:Hi, I just want to confirm as I am currently on entrepreneur visa. I got married about one month ago. My wife currently have 5 years UK Visitor Visa. But when we got married, here NIC and Passport were expired. she got new passport with my surname with her name and Husband Name instead Father Name. Does her visitor visa still valid.? Can she travel on her visa on old passport? As I am looking its very hectic to apply for depedent visa so I was looking to pursue her old visa.. Can you please confirm. Thanks
It is too complicated for me. :P :P
I think so u should transfer her old visa on new passport first and in that process HO will b aware that her name has been changed.And in aplication form she will mention that she is not single any more.Then u can apply her visa as ur dependant.
Thats my thinking.
Wait for any senior member's reply.

searoze

Post by searoze » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:33 am

Does her visitor visa still valid.? Can she travel on her visa on old passport? As I am looking its very hectic to apply for depedent visa so I was looking to pursue her old visa.. Can you please confirm.
If its just a surname change due to marriage, and shes in the UK then she doesnt need to go through name change procedure (Deed Poll). Read Here
I would strongly recommend to transfer his visa onto new passport (Just fill up the appropriate form, pay fee and send a cover letter along with marriage certificate. Must include a copy of certified translation if certificate is not in English.)

As there will be new name at valid passport but old name at the visa so if you buy air ticket using any of the name then your air ticket will be invalid. Many ppl have had same problem.
Mistakes are the portals of discovery.
Please correct me if am wrong

msohailsarwar1
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by msohailsarwar1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:24 am

Hello Friend,

You dont need to worry abt anything. Her Visa is valid. She can travel anytime. But the problem is she cannot change from visitor visa to dependant visa in UK. She need to go back to home country to change her visa. Now choice is yours. thanks.