ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can you move abroad after with BC??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eureka.Power

Can you move abroad after with BC??

Post by Eureka.Power » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:02 am

HIi All,

is this true that you have to spend atleast two years in uk after getting your British passport before you can move abroad??? my colleague told me this but I was adamant that there is no such rule in place. Could any please advise.. I beleive after getting BC you exercise right of abode without any immigration restriction..

Thanks
Ad

newbie_t

Re: Can you move abroad after with BC??

Post by newbie_t » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 am

Eureka.Power wrote:HIi All,

is this true that you have to spend atleast two years in uk after getting your British passport before you can move abroad??? my colleague told me this but I was adamant that there is no such rule in place. Could any please advise.. I beleive after getting BC you exercise right of abode without any immigration restriction..

Thanks
Ad
I don't think so there is such a rule. A friend of mine moved with his family (all of them BC) to the middle east couple of years ago.

Not sure whether the rules have changed since then.

Eureka.Power

Post by Eureka.Power » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:14 am

cheer for that

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:16 pm

no restirctions..as soon as you have british passport yuo can go anywhere.
I am sometimes wrong.