ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in UK to Tier 2 parents - new form confusion

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IM314
Newly Registered

Child born in UK to Tier 2 parents - new form confusion

Post by IM314 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Any help will be appreciated on the following:
My wife and I are both on Tier 2 (General) visas, valid until mid-2015.

Our daughter was born here last year. I want to apply for her Tier 2 dependant visa, so that we can travel to introduce her to her grandparents. When it was still an online form, I knew what to do, but to my shock I discovered that the old UKBA site has been removed and incorporated in the bigger gov.uk site. While there is a new section stating that people in our circumstances should fill out the ordinary "Application for a Grant of Leave and Biometric Immigration Document as a Tier 1, 2 Or 5 Dependant", there is confusion on the very first page.

When it comes to ticking the box for the fee, there are two columns. One for dependants applying WITH a main applicant (not relevant for us because I've already applied months ago), and a second for separate applications by dependents aged over 18, which is also not applicable in this case, as she is scarcely a year old.

My question is, which option do I use? Has anyone else done this recently and what did it cost?

Here is the link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -dependant