ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raja1382

Tier2 ICT extension

Post by raja1382 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:44 pm

Dear Gurus,

hope you can help me with my situation. below are my details and query.

Scenario 1:
I have cme to UK for first time in 2007 on Employer sponsored visa in 16 dec 2007 and left to India in 4 Apr 2008 - 4 months. after going to India , the visa expired as i been not used for more than 6 months.

1.will this time period be considered during ilr? do i need to worry abt it?

Again, i did a new visa and came to UK in 21 Feb 2009 on Employer sponsored Work permit Visa. from then i stayed till today.
I made 3 extensions during my stay.

Feb 2009 - work permit - valid until Nov 2009
Extension - T2SW (Int Com Tran) from oct 2009 to Apr 2011
Extension - T2 ICT Long term ICT ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013
Extension - - T2 ICT Long term ICT ( Biometric card)from Apr 2013 to May 2015

Questions
1. am i still eligible to extend via my employer as my project is ongoing? Is that possible?
2. Is there any maximum duration for how long i can continue Tier2 in my case?
3. Can i go for ILR at this point so that i can avoid Tier 2 time period issues?

Dependant scenario 2:

Above are my visa details.
My spouse moved to UK In Dec 2010 for which my employer has sponsered Tier2 Dependant visa.
later she went extension with me in UK Extension - T2 ICT dependant Long term ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013.
she went to India for delivery in Sep 2012. she stayed there for 11 months as we dont have any support in UK.
during her stay in India her Visa got expired (T2 ICT dependant Long term ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013.)

She came to UK with Baby again with new T2 ICT dependant Long term visa done from India in Aug 2013.
T2 ICT Long term ( Biometric card)from valid till May 2015

currently my baby and herself are with me in UK with visa expiring on May 2015 same as me.
My littleone is one year old now.

Question:
1. can we all three go for ILR at the same time?
2. are there any specific documents i need to produce for my wife as she is not in UK for 11 months.
3. as her visa expired during her stay in India and did a new one, will her case be considered for ILR?
4. my baby is in uk for 1 year. do i need to wait for 1 more year as per new rules before i apply ilr?

i know its bit complicated. sorry for stuffing the topic. can you pls guide me which is best for me to go head.

Many Thanks
Regards
Raja

Apam

Re: Tier2 ICT extension

Post by Apam » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 pm

From what you've described if you've been the uk since feb 2009, that's over 5 years so you are overdue for ilr, long as abscences are less than 180 yearly.
As per current rules your son can apply for ilr with you.
Your wife needs to be here 5 years from when she took new dependent from india before applying for ilr.
Hope this helps.

raja1382

Post by raja1382 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks Apam. this is what i am expecting.

however i want to double check on my wife situation as i am informed that immigration team will only be looking for date first she has entered UK which would be sufficient to become eligible for ILR.

however the visa expired in India during her delivery period and hence need to make a new one.
can we provide any specific document for the gap of 11 months from doctor? though she did new visa, still it is based on my tier ICT visa. is that not helpful to go for ilr ?

Apam

Post by Apam » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:12 pm

You could try your luck, may be successful but don't be surprised if she is refused.
Her story would for sure been different if she never took a new visa from india but was away for 11 months and came back to the uk whiles her live remained valid.
Discretion could work in her favour, we can only know when you take the chance and apply with her!

121669gvk
Newly Registered

Post by 121669gvk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Dear Gurus,

hope you can help me with my situation. below are my details and query.

Scenario 1:
I have cme to UK for first time in 2007 on Employer sponsored visa in 16 dec 2007 and left to India in 4 Apr 2008 - 4 months. after going to India , the visa expired as i been not used for more than 6 months.

1.will this time period be considered during ilr? do i need to worry abt it? NO, as you made new entry clearance on feb 2009.

Again, i did a new visa and came to UK in 21 Feb 2009 on Employer sponsored Work permit Visa. from then i stayed till today.
I made 3 extensions during my stay.

Feb 2009 - work permit - valid until Nov 2009
Extension - T2SW (Int Com Tran) from oct 2009 to Apr 2011
Extension - T2 ICT Long term ICT ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013
Extension - - T2 ICT Long term ICT ( Biometric card)from Apr 2013 to May 2015

Questions
1. am i still eligible to extend via my employer as my project is ongoing? Is that possible? yes if you need.
2. Is there any maximum duration for how long i can continue Tier2 in my case? no restriction
3. Can i go for ILR at this point so that i can avoid Tier 2 time period issues? you are eligible since Jan 2014 for applying ILR, so you can make the application right now if you not done so far.

Dependant scenario 2:

Above are my visa details.
My spouse moved to UK In Dec 2010 for which my employer has sponsered Tier2 Dependant visa.
later she went extension with me in UK Extension - T2 ICT dependant Long term ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013.
she went to India for delivery in Sep 2012. she stayed there for 11 months as we dont have any support in UK.
during her stay in India her Visa got expired (T2 ICT dependant Long term ( Biometric card)from Apr 2011 to Apr 2013.)

She came to UK with Baby again with new T2 ICT dependant Long term visa done from India in Aug 2013.
T2 ICT Long term ( Biometric card)from valid till May 2015

currently my baby and herself are with me in UK with visa expiring on May 2015 same as me.
My littleone is one year old now.

Question:
1. can we all three go for ILR at the same time?
2. are there any specific documents i need to produce for my wife as she is not in UK for 11 months.
3. as her visa expired during her stay in India and did a new one, will her case be considered for ILR?
4. my baby is in uk for 1 year. do i need to wait for 1 more year as per new rules before i apply ilr?

i know its bit complicated. sorry for stuffing the topic. can you pls guide me which is best for me to go head.

Many Thanks
Regards
Raja