ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excercise Treaty Right

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tomk0410
Newly Registered

Excercise Treaty Right

Post by tomk0410 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Hallo Guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand my situation concerning exercising treaty right in UK.

I am Polish. I came to North Yorkshire in in February 2005, started job in March and registered with WRS in April. I was working continuously for 3 years to March 2008 then I had to go to Poland to look after my sick mother. I come back at the very beginning of October 2008 to start a new job in Warwickshire.
At the beginning of June 2008 I came to UK for 3 days and then back to Poland – so I think that it divided the period between February to October into two of 4 months and 4 months. I was paying rent in UK till June. Also, within this time outside UK I was not working but I have never claim any benefits.

I want to apply for naturalization. Can I start counting my residence form February 2005 or October 2008?
Do you have to work for continuous 5 years to exercise treaty right? It says that you can be absent form UK for up to 6 months. Does it mean I can not work for 6 month? I am alight with 4 months out 3 days in and 4 months out again?

Thanks...