ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OUT OF TIME APPLICATION FOR ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aliabbas

OUT OF TIME APPLICATION FOR ILR

Post by aliabbas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:00 pm

GURUS PLS HELP

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. REQUIRE URGENT HELP

I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY ILR APPLICATION INITIALLY IN TIME, DUE TO NO PAYMENT DETAILS THE APPLICATION WAS RETURNED FOR ME TO RE SUBMIT ADDING IN THE PAYMENT DETAIL SECTION ON THE SET(M) FORM.

I RESENT THE APPLICATION HOWEVER, MY APPLICATION WAS 4 DAYS AFTER MY VISA EXPIRATION DATE.I WAS THEN SENT A ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER FROM THE HOME OFFICE ADVISING ME THAT THE CASE IS NOW WITH A CASE WORKER.

MY CONCERN IS THAT AS MY APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME AND IF I GET REFUSED MY OPTIONS TO APPEAL HAVE BEEN WITHDRAWN AS THE APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME.

DOES ANY KNOW THAT AS THE APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME AND IF I GET REFUSED WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS, DO I HAVE TO GO BACK STRAIGHT AWAY OR CAN I APPLY FROM THE UK. ALSO DO I HAVE THE OPTION TO APPLY FOR FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN.

WAITING URGENTLY FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: OUT OF TIME APPLICATION FOR ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Please don't write in capitals, it is difficult to read and considered as shouting.

As you initially applied in time and there was an error re payment and you resubmitted, you should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm

CR001 wrote:Please don't write in capitals, it is difficult to read and considered as shouting.

As you initially applied in time and there was an error re payment and you resubmitted, you should be fine.

thankyou for your reply . There is one more thing that is bothering me i was stopped by the police in march 2013 driving without insurance which was my insurance company's fault coz they were sending letters to my previous address but i plead guilty by post and was given 6 penalty points and £400 fine which i paid straight away before submitting my ilr application i did basic crb and pnc both came clear now in-case if they refuse my ilr due to conviction will i be able to apply for flr as ilr application considered late due to payment error even though applied in time

waiting for the reply

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:11 am

anybody's suggestions will be very helpful

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:48 pm

hi all
moderators any reply.......

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:18 am

Did you declare the conviction?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Amber_ wrote:Did you declare the conviction?
yes i did amber

as in10(no insurance driving) sentence given points on license and small fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Then should be fine.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 pm

Amber_ wrote:Then should be fine.
thankyou for replying amber but in-case if they refuse will i be able to apply for flr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:51 pm

FLR(M) if you do not satisfy SET(M).

Technically, a conviction (non-custodial) is a general grounds for refusal for 24 months. However, at PEOs most people seem to get away with it (minor traffic convictions) before 24 months has lapsed. You may have benefited from a PEO appointment.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:35 pm

Amber_ wrote:FLR(M) if you do not satisfy SET(M).

Technically, a conviction (non-custodial) is a general grounds for refusal for 24 months. However, at PEOs most people seem to get away with it (minor traffic convictions) before 24 months has lapsed. You may have benefited from a PEO appointment.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. As I have not gone through PEO what will be the outcome.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:13 am

Hopefully, positive.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Amber_ wrote:Hopefully, positive.

thanks amber

Professor123
Newly Registered

Post by Professor123 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:33 pm

aliabbas wrote:GURUS PLS HELP

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM. REQUIRE URGENT HELP

I HAVE APPLIED FOR MY ILR APPLICATION INITIALLY IN TIME, DUE TO NO PAYMENT DETAILS THE APPLICATION WAS RETURNED FOR ME TO RE SUBMIT ADDING IN THE PAYMENT DETAIL SECTION ON THE SET(M) FORM.

I RESENT THE APPLICATION HOWEVER, MY APPLICATION WAS 4 DAYS AFTER MY VISA EXPIRATION DATE.I WAS THEN SENT A ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER FROM THE HOME OFFICE ADVISING ME THAT THE CASE IS NOW WITH A CASE WORKER.

MY CONCERN IS THAT AS MY APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME AND IF I GET REFUSED MY OPTIONS TO APPEAL HAVE BEEN WITHDRAWN AS THE APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME.

DOES ANY KNOW THAT AS THE APPLICATION IS OUT OF TIME AND IF I GET REFUSED WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS, DO I HAVE TO GO BACK STRAIGHT AWAY OR CAN I APPLY FROM THE UK. ALSO DO I HAVE THE OPTION TO APPLY FOR FURTHER LEAVE TO REMAIN.

WAITING URGENTLY FOR YOUR REPLY!!!!!

Dont worry about the out of time application or the driving offence (not major). You will be fine. if they ever refuse your ILR, you will have to leave the UK and apply from outside the UK. If you meet all the criterias for the ILR, then they will undoubtedly give it to you.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:27 pm

I would disagree Professor123, the first application should not have been deemed invalid merely because a lack of payment. Therefore the OP could argue s(he) had valid leave when making the SET(M) application thus, if refused (and did not appeal/lost appeal) a new in-Country FLR(M) application could be made within 28 days of a decision/appeal determination.

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks for your replies guys (amber,professor123) very much appreciated

aliabbas

Post by aliabbas » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 pm

i would like to share some good news by the grace of ALLAH i have been granted ilr i applied on 13 nov 2013 and it was out of time application due to payment error 4 days out of time and also i was convicted with in10 driving without insurance on march 2013 way within 24months i did do crb and pnc check and did mention in the application form many thanks to people on the forum and special thanks to gurus especially amber