ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DERBY F
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by DERBY F » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:15 pm

dalebutt wrote:
DERBY F wrote:hi ever one i applied for my wife EEA2 been refused with passport held ,
i have czech passport
my wife have czech travel document
we have child
ressone for refused is that iam not quilefy person , i did apeal and wating the answer , i sent them evedence of my JSA . letters that iam regesterd in job agencies . letter that iam attending a work programs semd them my child birth certificat even befor the appeal i sent the tenanets agrement with me amy my wife names ., marriege certificats . we are her in uk more one year and when i didi asked the ukba do i have to apply for her a EEA2 they tolf no you dont need as far as she live with you cos its not must.
after they refused her application they sent a letter telling her to leave the uk .
but i will fight them as she has the right under eeu law as a member of eeu and iam the first clase relative to her husband
any one plze tell what to do as iam waiting the appeal
Have you previously worked in the UK? If yes, how long?

i used to work befor 20 years in uk then i moved to czech then in 2011 i came back to uk and when i applied for jsa and all the benifet been going to rezedency test which i passed as i have nin since 1996 and i have my nhs from 93
so as the DWP told me you have the right to claim for you and your wife after they made all the cheaks will the immegration and all the department
since i came to uk in 2011 iam register in jsa cos my quilefiction as a DENTAL TECHNICIAN , AND THERE IS A FEWW JOBS LIKE THAT SO THEY send me to attend may course and now iam in the work programe

tutu75
Newly Registered

Post by tutu75 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Let me give us our times just to encourage you

Application: 21/01/2014
COA (with right to work) 25/01/2014
Passports requested: 31/01/2014
Residence card issued: 14/03/2014

My views. I think that it does not matter if you request your passports. We did it and everything was resolved in less than two months. Last year, we applied, we left our passports all the time and it took 8 months. So, if you need them, ask them.

By the way, they did not requested my wife passport to paste the residence card. It is pasted on a paper sheet. Is this the standard procedure? Everytime she entered the UK will need to present it, right?

Thanks

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Yes; getting the 'RC' on a piece of A4 paper is normal if they don't have your passport. Don't worry!

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 pm

@ tutu75 Can you please state the nationality of your partner and yours too pls
Last edited by barin on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hbshagor
Newly Registered

Post by hbshagor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello, My wife (EEA [Polish citizen]) works as an apprentice nursery practitioner. She earns £541 per month and she get £684 housing benefit per month since we rent a one bed flat. I am ( Bangladeshi national) not able to work at the moment as my passport is at home office. We applied for EEA1 & EEA2 in November 2013. Is her claiming housing benefit affect our applications? If you need further information please ask me. Thank you.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:36 pm

The housing benefit is more than her salary?

I've heard that housing benefit doesn't affect applications. However, I'm not sure about how they would view a case where the housing benefit received exceeds the earned income.

I'm sure some other people will be along soon to provide more input.

tutu75
Newly Registered

Post by tutu75 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:59 pm

barin wrote:@ tutu75 Can you please state the nationality of your partner and yours too pls
My wife is Argentine and I am Italian (dual Argentine).

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi there
I have a question!
I wants to request of the return of my wife's passport.
I have applied for eea2 on 8th of January.
So the address is given to home office is our solicitors, so when I have to request for the return of the passport what address do I have to give them the one where we are living or the 1 of my solicitors?
Please help

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:03 pm

hi guys i sent my applicsation on 10 november and i sent latest payslips of my wife on 14 feb 2014 yestrday i received letter from home office they are invite me for a interview i m little confused i dont know what goona be happen could any body tell me is there any way to cancel the interview and coz i heard thats gonna be 4 hours and my wife canot speak english very good . and second is there any chance to detaining? plz help me thanx

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 am

EEA2 Self sufficient married couple

Sent: 14/01/2014
Received:15/01/2014
Acknowledgment: 17/01/2014 dated 16/01/2014
COA received: 24/01/2014 dated 21/01/2014 ( right to work )

I am permanent employed and my wife also got permanent job this month..
As i applied eea2 as self sufficient category,Should i send them my wife contract or should i wait for their decision..

Khan99
Newly Registered

Post by Khan99 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 am

Hi everyone, my eea2 was refused and am now confused wat to do. Plz anyone can help
I sent my eea2 in november, received coa, i received refusal 2 3 days before. They said that i didnt provide any form of identification. Yes because i dont have. I sent them my arc card. As i claimed asylum. they says arc card is not acceptable as my asylum was dismissed by court. But as far as i know my case is not totally dismissed. As i sent upper tribunal for perrmission of appeal.
The second reason is marriage of convience.
Though they came on my wedding day, they dont allow me to marriage. Bt they leave me. I went 1 month after again. And did marriage. After. They did surprise visit to home as well. Me and my wife both were at home. Is this normal
Cause both of reason dont look to me notmal.
Thanx

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:39 am

Hi All,

I submitted my application on 28th of November 2013 (Visa expired on 29 November 2013). But my fee was not taken by UKBA for unknown reason. when we try to contact home office through letter then they sent back my application on 14th of January 2014 by considering invalid and excused for something wrong with the payment. payment have not been gone through even everything was fine.

I have submitted my application on same day again (14th of January 2014). now on 24th of January (Dated as 21st of January), i received my COA with no right to work (I was on post study work before apply) and they returned my spouse id back with one letter by saying that id is too damaged to accept. They are asking me to resend another id (Passport) within 21 days and then they will issue me another COA. I will send them my wife's passport (EEA national) now.

i was on Post Study work (Can work full time). I just need to confirm that will they issue me COA with right to work or not? and how many days it will take to issue me COA. roughly idea?

Just want ask, i haven't received COA from Home office.It's too late now. My solicitor is saying that he already requested twice home office to send COA. but they haven't yet responded. Due to which, soon i will loose my job.

Can anybody advise, what should i do to get COA?

Your help and advise will be highly appreciated.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:51 pm

It's hard to guess how long the COA will take. Don't think anyone can tell you any detail about that. Most people seem to get it in a few weeks, but it does depend.

I'm not sure what you can do - you are paying for a solicitor; surely that should be part of his job.

You could search on this forum for answers. There's a recent thread about COA here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 59095.html

dianaianos
Newly Registered

Post by dianaianos » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:50 pm

I am an eea national. I applied for eea2 for my husband. We also have a baby and all genancy agreement and bills together. My husband's visa expired just a few days after I sent the application. He started work only in february and did not receive his payslip until I sent the application. The payment from the company can be seen on his bank statement. Should I now send to HO the payslips we have so far or should I wait for an answer from them?

Here's our timeline so far:

03/03/2014 application sent
04/03/2014 application received
05/03/2013 (dated) confirmation
10/03/2014 (dated) certificate of application - unable to confirma right to work, but not prohibited access to emplyment or self-employment if providing day-to-day care for an EU citizen child, self-sufficient.

A_D21
Newly Registered

Post by A_D21 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi everyone

I just wanted to share my timeline

03/12/2014 HO received application and today I hav received my RC finallyyy afta 2 years

I Just sent what was required on the application form
Finally I can plan my holidays now.

Really happy today

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:02 pm

A_D21 wrote:Hi everyone

03/12/2014 HO received application and today I hav received my RC finallyyy afta 2 years

Really happy today
Congrats mate I was wondering if u can share your timeline on detail so the other users can read about this too thanks

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:17 pm

@ alijee86

Hey mate, you called them again for the status update?

Thanks!

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:47 pm

A_D21 wrote:Hi everyone

Really happy today

Could you share your time line dates plz

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:29 pm

sam0044 wrote:@ alijee86

Thanks!
Hiya mate
Yes I did and this time there was an Asian lady she was nice tho she told me that u have applied on 8th of jan and it came up to our system on 15th of jan. And she also told me that no decision has been made yet as it still under consideration.
Anyway I have made the request of the return of my wife's passport back yesterday so hopefully it can help me may b not am too sure.
What's happening with your case mate by the way?

hosok

Post by hosok » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm

Hey,
people in this forum has helped us so I thought I should share this with you.

We are married couple, we have applied in December 2013 and received a refusal earlier this month on basis of not showing that I'm exercising treaty rights as self-employed. We have sent a request for reconsideration with few more evidences and sent the forms for oral hearing appeal. Today we have received my wife's RC as it was reconsidered. We're very happy that we don't need to waste our time by going to court. We knew we're going to win in court but it's just a waste of time and takes ages.
So first of all- there's hope. If you are legitimate and doing everything with accordance to the law - you have to get your right for RC eventually.

Secondly, the RC is dated 17 March 2014, but on the 20 March the £140 payment was approved by hm courts tribunal and it was cleared on the 24th. What can I do? I've called them up and they told me that there are no refunds but we should email the fees team and they should check it out. This is ridiculous as the home office should have informed them in the day of the new decision, right? why should we pay this amount if we're not going to court at all? can anyone help?

Thanks lads and good luck!

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

alijee86 wrote:
sam0044 wrote:@ alijee86

Thanks!
Hiya mate
Yes I did and this time there was an Asian lady she was nice tho she told me that u have applied on 8th of jan and it came up to our system on 15th of jan. And she also told me that no decision has been made yet as it still under consideration.
Anyway I have made the request of the return of my wife's passport back yesterday so hopefully it can help me may b not am too sure.
What's happening with your case mate by the way?
Hi,

I called them yesterday and they told me the same thing that It's under process.

Lets see what happens. Best of luck mate.

FN1
Newly Registered

Post by FN1 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:27 am

Finally, I received my RC today, here is my timeline

- Case submitted on 29th Jan 2014 – Marriage route – Employed
- Acknowledgement letter received on 05th Feb, Issued on 31 January
- Fee deduction on 3rd Feb 2014.
- CoA received on 08 Feb, Issued on 04 Feb 2014.(With right to work)
- RC received today on 26th March 2014, dated 16th March.

I sent my documents with 1st class special delivery with return envelope and everyday after reading any good timeline on this forum I used to check the status of my return envelope
On 25th March finally I decided to call them and ask them to return my Wife’s passport and before calling them I again checked the status of my return envelope but there was no status so I called home office and asked them that incase ill request my wife’s passport back, will it effect my application? The lady who was really polite and kind, she told me that its not necessary and after asking my case number she said “your case is in a final process and you will get your documents back very soon and incase u will not receive anything from us, u can call me next Monday” and today on 26th March I got my passport in that same return special delivery return envelope which means they posted it yesterday on 25th.

My Visa issued on 16th of March (Sunday) and they posted it after 9 days ☺

I must say that there is no harm in calling them for proper guidance, all u have to do is to make them feel that you just want some guidance.

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:33 am

@ FN1 could u please state your nationality and your partner too, thanks

majamalik
Newly Registered

Post by majamalik » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello everyone,

Me and my partner applied for EEA2 and this is our timeline:

Applied 04/01/2014
Home Office Received 05/01/2014
Acknowledgement letter received 11/02/2014, Dated on 06/02/2014
EU Passport Requested 25/02/2014, Passport Received 28/02/2014
COA with No Right to Work Received 14/03/2014, Dated on 11/03/2014
Complaint Letter Send 11/03/2014, Letter Received 13/03/2014
COA with a Right to Work Received 17/03/2014, Dated on 14/03/2014
Apology Letter Received from Home Office 18/03/2014, Dated on 15/03/2014

This is how long it took us to get a right to work. I haven't even added the fact that we called Home Office more than 3 times when we receive COA with no right to work. The reason why they issued us COA with no right to work or in other words 'short COA' is because my husbands passport has been with Home Office for the past two years and apparently the case worker skipped that fact and didn't see it that they hold his passport even though we wrote a cover letter which we included together with the application explaining why we didn't send his passport, gave them his HO Reference No, Passport No and they still 'didn't see' that they hold the passport. To be honest with you, this whole period was very stressful but we not going to give up and we are still waiting for the RC card to be issued. If you have any questions or issues with your application, or did not get your COA with a right to work when you was suppose to CONTACT HOME OFFICE AND WRITE A COMPLAINT LETTER. Only when you get on their heads and complain they actually start doing something. We even received an apology letter for this misunderstanding and have been informed by HO that our application is under active consideration.

All the best guys

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:27 am

FN1 wrote:Finally, I received my RC today, here is my timeline

- Case submitted on 29th Jan 2014 – Marriage route – Employed
- Acknowledgement letter received on 05th Feb, Issued on 31 January
- Fee deduction on 3rd Feb 2014.
- CoA received on 08 Feb, Issued on 04 Feb 2014.(With right to work)
- RC received today on 26th March 2014, dated 16th March.

I sent my documents with 1st class special delivery with return envelope and everyday after reading any good timeline on this forum I used to check the status of my return envelope
On 25th March finally I decided to call them and ask them to return my Wife’s passport and before calling them I again checked the status of my return envelope but there was no status so I called home office and asked them that incase ill request my wife’s passport back, will it effect my application? The lady who was really polite and kind, she told me that its not necessary and after asking my case number she said “your case is in a final process and you will get your documents back very soon and incase u will not receive anything from us, u can call me next Monday” and today on 26th March I got my passport in that same return special delivery return envelope which means they posted it yesterday on 25th.

My Visa issued on 16th of March (Sunday) and they posted it after 9 days ☺

I must say that there is no harm in calling them for proper guidance, all u have to do is to make them feel that you just want some guidance.

Can you please forward me Homeoffice number?
Thanks