ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship Tax Issues

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VISHU
Newly Registered

British Citizenship Tax Issues

Post by VISHU » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Dear Freinds

I have got my ILR last year based on 5yrs working with company . 2years on work permit and 3 yr on tier2 genral. The company which i use to work for was found in some big scams with hmrc and is now dissolved . My issues i am not sure weather they have paid my taxes or NIA for those 5 years . I was getting paid salary and have salary slips with me. Will it be a issue at the time of citizenship as i know homeoffice will do all tax checks .I am now self employed and paying all necessary taxes on time.

thanks

ban.s

Re: British Citizenship Tax Issues

Post by ban.s » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:18 pm

why don't you contact HMRC and ask them to send your tax records for the last 5 years? verify those with your payslip/P60/p45 entries.

VISHU
Newly Registered

Post by VISHU » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:01 pm

That i can do but my question is what if they have not paid ? As was on teir 2 that is not my responsibility to pay its employers this what everyone is telling me.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:34 pm

VISHU wrote:That i can do but my question is what if they have not paid ? As was on teir 2 that is not my responsibility to pay its employers this what everyone is telling me.
That's a hypothetical question at this point - you first need to find out whether they have paid or not paid; if the latter then how much is the outstanding amount; whether paid tax amounts arein accordance to P60/P45 statements etc - unfortunately there is no 'one size fits all' solution. you first need to assess your situation and then plan corrective action (if that's necessary)