ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

home office granted british citizen to child.can't get paspo

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalo
Newly Registered

home office granted british citizen to child.can't get paspo

Post by kalo » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:49 pm

I have a child born to british father.but i am unmarried single mum.home office has granted british citizenship to my child and granted 2 and half years for me,subject no recourse to public funds.but permitted to work.R-LTRPT. 1.1 (a),(b) and (d) of appendix FM. my child's father has no contact with us and refused to put his name on birth certificate. now i have trouble to get british passport for my child.because passport office refused to give british passport because father's nationality wasn't confirmed. i really need some advice regarding in this matter

vinny

Re: home office granted british citizen to child.can't get p

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:38 am

kalo wrote:home office has granted british citizenship to my child
What documentation did the Home Office give you about your child's British citizenship being granted? Did you enclose this with the passport application?

Where and when was your child born?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

kalo
Newly Registered

Post by kalo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 pm

child was born in uk.home office sent a letter just mentioning they granting british citizenship to my child because her father is british. they know father is british from their data,but under data protection they cannot reveal this information to third party. now passport office asking proof of father's british nationality.not accepting home office letter.we have contacted home office through local member of parliament ,home office promised they will reveal this information directly to the passport office but didn't do yet.this matter is dragging a year.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:29 pm

When was the child born?

Without child's father name on the child's birth certificate, how did you prove who the father was? DNA?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Get the home office to issue a confirmation of British Nationality certificate (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ide_ns.pdf).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kalo
Newly Registered

Post by kalo » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:05 pm

born in 2010 .with DNA .home office finally lost my original DNA report .thank you for the information.how long will it take to issue this certificate.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:33 pm

I think it's around 10 working days.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.