ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

March_LR14

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by March_LR14 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 pm

hassan5805 wrote:Wslam brov.. i hve reci for bio invitation today dated 24 march i will enroll tomorrow inshalla.
March_LR14 wrote:
hassan5805 wrote:Congrats Man and enjoy the relax time.

No more extensions .. Pray for us too..

Regards
Salam Bro,

Have you received your Biometric invitation letter?

Thanks
Thanks for letting me know.

I should receive mine on tuesday or Wednesday next week.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:25 pm

aliabbas wrote:i would like to share some good news by the grace of ALLAH i have been granted ilr i applied on 13 nov 2013 and it was out of time application due to payment error 4 days out of time and also i was convicted with in10 driving without insurance on march 2013 way within 24months i did do crb and pnc check and did mention in the application form many thanks to people on the forum and special thanks to gurus especially amber
MAshalla Brother enjoy the freedom and pray for us too..

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 pm

Salam Bro,

Have you received your Biometric invitation letter?

Thanks[/quote][/quote]

Thanks for letting me know.

I should receive mine on tuesday or Wednesday next week.[/quote]
Inshalla you ll get by monday.. i think now they taking lomg to send biometric invitation..

princessD
Newly Registered

Post by princessD » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:43 pm

March_LR14 wrote:
princessD wrote::D :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:
Glory be to God,I am finally released from this long waiting,waoh I real thank God and I believe its good news defnetly,I have missed my delivery from ukba(as I provided prepaid envelop on my application),tomorrow morning am off to post office and I will inform you all,my prayer are with everyone who is waiting its gonna be with you before you know,tonight is shinning in my family,I cant explain the jooooooooooooooooooy,Thank you all for support and encouragement and I thank my saviour Jesus for answering my prayer today,As I woke up and lifted all my documents towards heaven and pray for them to come back this week,imagine it was already in my post without my knowlege!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

application sent;28/12/13
bio enrolled:21/01/14
parcel Delivered:27/03/14 LESS THAN THREE MONTHS THIS MUST BE GOD AND IAM SO GRATEFUL TOWARDS HIM.
Many Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom :D

Please pray for us.

Thank you March-Lr,yah I went to the post office this morning and found my documents of approval and today Dx has delivered the card.

application sent 28/12/2013
bio enrolled 21/01/14
Ilr granted 26/01/14
received 27/01/14
bpr received 28/1/14

Addition information,I applied 20 days before reaching 10yrs(followed the 28days rule)
my visa was once curtailed without my knowlege(this was college admn error/they reported me to ukba that I was not attending while I was a faithfull student) however it was reinstated immediately after I found out.All I can say is 10years has been a journey to me and all you must be aware of this,However the storm is over now,I prsy for everone waiting that you will yours soon,dont worry guys ITS COMING).Thank you admn and all member you have been so helpful,I rember to check everyday here and celebrate with the ones who were granted,God bless you all, :D

Thanks

M2013
Russia

Post by M2013 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you, ahyang0129 for your explanations. Have a nice evening and the perfect weekend.
ahyang0129 wrote: i don't know if it is possible to get the general visitor visa after your current long stay visa expires. even if it is possible my guess is that it is difficult. but if you do get the visitor visa it counts toward your lawful stay.

i know some people will apply for extension to stay as a delay strategy to prolong their lawful stay but i don't know the details.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:13 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hello Everyone . Experts Please help

I am applying FLR M for my wife tomorrow . Can someone please help me in filling form.

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife came to uk on psw dependent in September 2012. Her visa is expiring July 2014 but i want to avoid the fee increase so applying now.

My application is pending on 10 years ILR

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

yes
Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
no.because this is not you wife first time dependent visa

She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?
after that in 2.3 you should select the first option the reason is they are not going to decide this application until they decide your and when they decide your application this form should be filled as a setteled person dependent form .in this case your wife is applying for 1 period of spouse visa of settled person.

I am assuming that you know very well that you have to request ho to hold your wife visa.

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say?

leave it blank and in other info plus in your covering letter you will mention that you will inform them as soon as you get your decision .

On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK? my application is under consideration for ILR so What base should i mention??????

you have to write long residency as ho is already considering your app on this basis and you will get ILR on the same basis.hope this help.if I am wrong seniors plz correct me.for your peace of mind I am not guessing it I myself wrote these ans and got visa in peo same day just the diff is my hubby got ILR before my visa expires
Please reply .

Regards
ss

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 pm

SSWSZ wrote:

I am applying FLR M for my wife tomorrow . Can someone please help me in filling form.

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife came to uk on psw dependent in September 2012. Her visa is expiring July 2014 but i want to avoid the fee increase so applying now.

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

yes
Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??

She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?
after that in 2.3 you should select the first option the reason is they are not going to decide this application until they decide your and when they decide your application this form should be filled as a setteled person dependent form .in this case your wife is applying for 1 period of spouse visa of settled person.

I am assuming that you know very well that you have to request ho to hold your wife visa.

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say?

leave it blank and in other info plus in your covering letter you will mention that you will inform them as soon as you get your decision .

On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK? my application is under consideration for ILR so What base should i mention??????

you have to write long residency as ho is already considering your app on this basis and you will get ILR on the same basis.hope this help.if I am wrong seniors plz correct me.for your peace of mind I am not guessing it I myself wrote these ans and got visa in peo same day just the diff is my hubby got ILR before my visa expires
Please reply .

Regards

yes...................bcaz above category is partner of settled person......not pbs dependent

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:54 pm

read what is written in bracket it says including previous leave ......

maaan143 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:

Help on the Form

yes

Please reply .

Regards

yes...................bcaz above category is partner of settled person......not pbs dependent
ss

raaz0800
United Kingdom

Post by raaz0800 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:00 am

Assalamoalikum
By the grace of Allah tala I have received my ILR.
Please update skydrive. Approval date 22/03/2014. I have received both brp and documents on the same day.
Thanks everyone who prayed for me and I wish good luck to those who are waiting.
My timeline is here
Application sent 20/11/2013
Acknowledgement letter never received
Bio metric enrolled 04/01/2014
Approval letter and brp received on 27/03/2014
Dated 22/03/2014
Allah always have mercy upon me. I waited for long time fir this moment.
Raaz0800
Last edited by raaz0800 on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

allwell46
United Kingdom

Post by allwell46 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:18 am

Hi SSWSZ and all other members

Merriage Certificate
I have got Nikah Nama in Urdu and english translations which was done in March 2009 when she was applying Tier 1 PSW dependant visa back home in Pakistan. Can I still use that translations for FLR M Applications of my wife Or Do I have to get a new translations done. If so any idea how to get a certified translator please.

Payslips
I receive at home through post, are these sufficients or do I need to get thease stampted and dated, Or Do I also need employment letter along with payslips.

Self employment Earnings (Sole Traders)
What documents are required please.

SSWSZ wrote:1. English req level a1(I attach pet English test. For both flr and set m)
2. Proof of address from 3 diff sources 6 letters addressing to you both (either on joint names or to each of you .like tenancy agreement ,nhs card,mobile bills ,gas electricity bil,kids birth certificate etc etc)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Atleast 3 month bank statement
5. Atleast 3 month payslips (both payslips and bank statement should be of same period)
6. Brp card
7. All passports
8. Only attach photocopies of passports first page and pages that contain visas.
9. 2 photos of your wife and 1 for you with full name written on back.

This is what I attach and got flr and ILR in peo Croydon on 3 feb
But do double check maybe I am missing something

allwell46 wrote:Ohhh home office an other earth quick,

Dear gurus, seniors, and all forum members,

We (me and wife) has decided not to withdraw my ilr long residency application which was applied on 26 feb 2014. Now we are preparing for flr m application and trying to submit before 5 apr,
Can u please advise what are the supporting documents required

She came to uk on june 2009 as psw dependent, then converted to tier 1 generel dependent, then tier 1 general dependant extension.

Many thanks in advance.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:39 am

allwell46 wrote:Hi SSWSZ and all other members

Merriage Certificate
I have got Nikah Nama in Urdu and english translations which was done in March 2009 when she was applying Tier 1 PSW dependant visa back home in Pakistan. Can I still use that translations for FLR M Applications of my wife Or Do I have to get a new translations done. If so any idea how to get a certified translator please.

why you think you should get another translation ...?? I think ho is making all us crazy by doubting on everything.i myself used the same translation which I bring with me 8 years ago.

Payslips
I receive at home through post, are these sufficients or do I need to get thease stampted and dated, Or Do I also need employment letter along with payslips.

if yours dependent came under old rules then no need for letter and stamp just payslips suffice

Self employment Earnings (Sole Traders)

is few things what I know is company registration proofs,hmrc unique ref number.accountant letter ,and anything you might think will prove that you are self employed ,maybe someone will help you in this matter specially.
What documents are required please.

SSWSZ wrote:1. English req level a1(I attach pet English test. For both flr and set m)
2. Proof of address from 3 diff sources 6 letters addressing to you both (either on joint names or to each of you .like tenancy agreement ,nhs card,mobile bills ,gas electricity bil,kids birth certificate etc etc)
3. Marriage certificate
4. Atleast 3 month bank statement
5. Atleast 3 month payslips (both payslips and bank statement should be of same period)
6. Brp card
7. All passports
8. Only attach photocopies of passports first page and pages that contain visas.
9. 2 photos of your wife and 1 for you with full name written on back.

This is what I attach and got flr and ILR in peo Croydon on 3 feb
But do double check maybe I am missing something

allwell46 wrote:Ohhh home office an other earth quick,

Dear gurus, seniors, and all forum members,

We (me and wife) has decided not to withdraw my ilr long residency application which was applied on 26 feb 2014. Now we are preparing for flr m application and trying to submit before 5 apr,
Can u please advise what are the supporting documents required

She came to uk on june 2009 as psw dependent, then converted to tier 1 generel dependent, then tier 1 general dependant extension.

Many thanks in advance.
ss

PK_UK

Post by PK_UK » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 am

ALHAMDULILLAH
i got my long residence application approved today and just got my papers back.
application sent:16/12/2013
Bio ltr recvd:15/01/2014
Bio done 15/01/2014
paper received back 29/03/2014
total waiting time 3.5 months
i was not expecting papers back in 3.5 months as my case was i think a bit complicated cos of refusal of 2 consecutive applications in the past.Appeal right was given,lodged appeal which was allowed,thats y i spent 9 months on 3C.but all the applications were in-time.
BRP will follow shortly inshALLAH.
All the best to the ones waiting.
Questions welcomed.

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:34 am

SSWSZ wrote:read what is written in bracket it says including previous leave ......

[/quote]

Dear SSWZ,

This is what in that bracket (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

fiance or proposed civil parnter leave is different than pbs dependent...

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:02 am

PK_UK wrote:ALHAMDULILLAH
i got my long residence application approved today and just got my papers back.
application sent:16/12/2013
Bio ltr recvd:15/01/2014
Bio done 15/01/2014
paper received back 29/03/2014
total waiting time 3.5 months
i was not expecting papers back in 3.5 months as my case was i think a bit complicated cos of refusal of 2 consecutive applications in the past.Appeal right was given,lodged appeal which was allowed,thats y i spent 9 months on 3C.but all the applications were in-time.
BRP will follow shortly inshALLAH.
Questions welcomed.
Congrates and happy independence day :) .. Good Luck..
Alhumdulillah this week was good for Approvals.. Hoping Jan & Feb approvals follow soon Inshallah ...Good to see HO speed..

Ali1975

ILR approved

Post by Ali1975 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:59 pm

With the grace of GOD, my ILR application approved and today I received my BRP card and not received documents yet.

My timeline is as follows;

Application Sent: 28 December 2013
Fee taken from account: 31 December 2013
Acknowledgement letter received: 6 January 2014
Bio metric invitation recvd and done: 16 January 2014
BRP card received: 29 March 2014 dated 27 March 2014
Passport and documents still not received

All my applications were in time, no any refusal and no any convictions etc.

msmussaf

Re: ILR approved

Post by msmussaf » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:36 pm

Ali1975 wrote:With the grace of GOD, my ILR application approved and today I received my BRP card and not received documents yet.

Congrats Ali Enjoy man and dont forget to pray for all of us.

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:17 pm

OMG OMGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

God is great.With the grace of ALLAH Alhamdulillah I got my ILR approved letter today. just got my documents back.

I was very much worried abt my case coz it was not straight forward. during 10 years my 1 application (year 2011) was out of time only 4 days coz of fee matter all others in time and last year in july-2013 court fine me £55 for traffic offence (u-turn not allowed). I mentioned all these details in my application and I applied for ILR 23 days before completing 10 years aswell.

TIME-LINE:-

ILR application sent:30/12/2013 (tier 1 application sent on 08-09-2013 and vary to ILR on 30-12-2013)
Bio ltr recvd:16/01/2014
Bio done 16/01/2014 (same day)
Documents received back 29/03/2014 (today)
BRP: waiting

waiting for BRP now hopfully will get shortly INSHALLAH..

msmussaf

Post by msmussaf » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:54 pm

fasaal wrote:OMG OMGGGGG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

God is great.With the grace of ALLAH Alhamdulillah I got my ILR approved letter today. just got my documents back.

I was very much worried abt my case coz it was not straight forward. during 10 years my 1 application (year 2011) was out of time only 4 days coz of fee matter all others in time and last year in july-2013 court fine me £55 for traffic offence (u-turn not allowed). I mentioned all these details in my application and I applied for ILR 23 days before completing 10 years aswell.

ILR application sent:30/12/2013 (tier 1 application sent on 08-09-2013 and vary to ILR on 30-12-2013)

Congrats Man. Please keep praying for us

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Congrates, You are missing on SKY DRIVE, But now its been updated...

Staffs12

Re: ILR approved

Post by Staffs12 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:24 pm

Ali1975 wrote:With the grace of GOD, my ILR application approved and today I received my BRP card and not received documents yet.

Congrats it's always happy time on this forum when anyone gets good news. Keep praying for us who are still waiting

Staffs12

Post by Staffs12 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:26 pm

rmkirfan wrote:

Congrates, You are missing on SKY DRIVE, But now its been updated...
This us good 30/12/2013 it looks like they will start January in the next 2 week. All January and February applicant good luck ... Let's keep on praying for each other!

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Please gurus help, very confusing situation

Post by tanvir1985th » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:56 pm

I have a unique situation here. my immigration history as follows:

came in UK 2005
Did all the renewal on time and last visa was PSW valid till January 2013
Applied for T1 entrepreneur in august 2012
Got refused and lodged appeal which dragged up until 30 december 2013
applied for T1 entrepreneur visa again on the same day 30 december
got refused again 24 february 2014 surprisingly with another appeal right
Phoned up home office for some information and the telephone operator found a note in my case ID that I was given appeal right by error but at the same time i said i already lodged appeal. so they said its down to the tribunal now whether to accept my appeal or not.
I lodged appeal and appeal is registered by tribunal and got hearing date in september 2014
I will be eligible for long residency on 25 june 2015

So dear friends and gurus could you please answer the following questions with your knowledge and experience
1) second refusal letter says if I appeal I will have section 3C leave but at the same time over the phone they confirmed it was a mistake from them. so do I have section 3C leave now?
2) will I be eligible to make another fresh application after appeal within 28 days?
3) do I have any break in long residency?

alexcarter
Newly Registered

Post by alexcarter » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:13 am

Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my application.

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 am

alexcarter wrote:Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my applicatio

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance
Hi Alex What can i say to u.

U ruined your future because of your sorry to say silly and stupid act.

your application was refused not once not twice but three times.

You got what u deserve.

No sympathy from me.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Vladimir2989
Newly Registered

Post by Vladimir2989 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:54 am

I have applied for ILR based on 10 year rule.

Been in UK since 12 years old at a boarding school

KS2 + KS3 + GCSEs + AS + A2 + BSc (4years) + MSc (currently doing)

Applied: End of Jan 2014
Acknowledgment letter received: 3 Feb 2014
Biometrics letter received: 7 Feb
Biometrics Enrolled: 10 Feb

Everything else still waiting for.
Judging from what I have read here and on twitter average waiting time in 2014 is about 3 - 3.5 month, am I right ?