ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where the points have gone ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

softmind82

Where the points have gone ?

Post by softmind82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Hi

When i switched my immigration status from pws to Tier 1 General on October 2010, I was able to get 30 points toward my Post graduate Diploma in Business Adminsitration ( Level 7 ) and got my tier 1 sorted that time.

Now i need to apply for naturalization and it is not giving me any points towards the point base calculator, but my collage is still listed on the calculator.

Please advise if i can use the 2010 assessment when i applied the Tier 1.

Despite all that i have the following qualification.

1. Bsc computer sciences from Preston University Pakistan
2. Post Graduate Business Administration Level 7 Diploma from UK
3. Also i have got credit hours for my MA Management from South bank University but did not finish my dissertation and did not get the degree yet and got the credit hours in hand toward it.

Please advice regarding the points and if there is no alternate then is that worth comparing with NAric with all these qualification and credit hours in hand.

Many thanks.

spui
Newly Registered

Re: Where the points have gone ?

Post by spui » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

I saw the same when I use 2010 as the date when I first applied for my Tier1 application. I then changed the date to 2012 and could see my points. I suspect that this was caused because at that time there were different set of points if it was your first application or if it was a renewal from the earlier HSMP(as in my case). I then used 2012 as the date of my first Tier 1 application and saw that it gave me 30 points for my college as well as 10 points for the English language requirements. I reasoned that since they just wanted the PBS calculations for confirming the degree comparability and English language requirements, it did not depend when the Tier1 application was made.

My case may not help much to you since I had also provided certificates of comparability from NARIC and I am not sure which document was actually relied on by the caseworker.

If the document is not sufficient for KOLL requirements, they will write to you with sufficient time for you to gather other documents you may need.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:07 pm

anyone please

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:22 pm

you do not need to proof education or any other points for naturalization

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:49 pm

ali_asad_pk wrote:you do not need to proof education or any other points for naturalization
Thanks for your message, Don't i have to prove english language requirement.

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:41 pm

You have to submit proof of passing English Language and Life In UK result. The two are compulsory.