ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:00 am

alexcarter wrote:Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my application.

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance
Honestly Its hopeless and not worth it . Try LR in Jun2017.
Ur time line updated on sky drive.. Good Luck..

sam_86
Newly Registered

Post by sam_86 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 am

rmkirfan wrote:
alexcarter wrote:Hello Everybody,

Application sent : 12/11/2013
Biometric letter received 02/01/2014
Refusal Letter Received 26/03/2014

I entered UK in Oct 2003 as a student and have been a student for the past 10 years.

My application for 10 years ILR was refused on the basis that i had gap between 10 years continuous residence. The gap mentioned occurred in 2007. A visa application i made on 30th april 2007 was refused on 9th of may 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 29th may 2007 which was refused again on 2nd of june 2007 due to fees issues. i resubmitted the application on 07 june 2007 which was refused again on 18th of june due to mandatory section in the form not being filled in. on 27th of june i resubmitted the application and was granted visa. I haven't intentionally caused the gap, i think i made an error with my card details while i submitted my application.

I have no right of appeal as i hold a valid student visa which expires in Oct 2014.

Can anyone please give me some advice as to what i can do in this situation ? Do i go for a judicial review ?

Thank you in Advance
Honestly Its hopeless and not worth it . Try LR in Jun2017.
Ur time line updated on sky drive.. Good Luck..
Hi there,

How can I access the sky drive? thanks.

fiazpk
Newly Registered

Post by fiazpk » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:19 am

Hi alexcarter
the first refused application you made on 30th april 2007 was it in time or out of time application,

if your first application was even one day out of time, i am sorry to say it is a difficult case,
but if it was in time application, you still have a case to argue since your stay during this time was protected under an immigration rule,

regards,
Fiaz

alexcarter
Newly Registered

Post by alexcarter » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:26 am

fiazpk wrote:Hi alexcarter
the first refused application you made on 30th april 2007 was it in time or out of time application,

if your first application was even one day out of time, i am sorry to say it is a difficult case,
but if it was in time application, you still have a case to argue since your stay during this time was protected under an immigration rule,

regards,
Fiaz

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Thank you Fiaz for your reply... Yes the first application made on 30th of April 2007 was in time.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:08 pm

sam_86 wrote:
rmkirfan wrote:
Hi there,

How can I access the sky drive? thanks.
Click below Link and Edit Browser.

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... yn6R3aFEbv

Miangee

Post by Miangee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 pm

hi
Faasal congratulation and enjoy your freedom
God really Blessed you as many got refused due to unspent conviction even for traffic offense
i am really happy your success cheers
Pray for me Brother as i have same time line as yours hope fully God will give me good news this coming week also if you remember we have discussed our spouse application before sending as well .
Can you please let me know application status of your wife as i believe that you have applied same time with your application on Flr (M) with out showing financial requirement.
i have got same situation and timeline so plz share your experience
congratulation again

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:20 pm

hi guys i hve enrolled my biometric yesterday..plz update me on skydrive..thnks

egoneo

Post by egoneo » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:57 pm

alexcarter wrote:
fiazpk wrote:Hi alexcarter

regards,
Fiaz

Thank you everyone for the comments.

Thank you Fiaz for your reply... Yes the first application made on 30th of April 2007 was in time.
when did it expire in 2007? dont listen to some of the guys above dont know why they are being negative, under section 3c you should be given at least 28 days to resubmitt an application. your errors were the result of human error and not negligence so you can argue it in court if you need be. advice is contact your local mp first and explain the situation. ask them to contact home office on your behalf and request a reconsideration based on the circumstances. also a copy of the rejection letter would be nice

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:23 pm

maaan143 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:read what is written in bracket it says including previous leave ......

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
yes...................bcaz above category is partner of settled person......not pbs dependent

Dear SSWZ,

This is what in that bracket (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

fiance or proposed civil parnter leave is different than pbs dependent...[/quote]

Hi Maaan143 and SSWZ,
I have been looking into the FLR(M) form, and I couldn't agree more with Maaan143, answer to 2.2 should be yes and than go straight to section 3, the reason there be that 2.2 is clearly asking
Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories ?

we rather stop here and look what are the categories they are asking under, there is no mention of a PBS dependent there, it is just to do with the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. It is clearly about dependents of person settled in UK rather than any PBS dependents, and as this will be their first time applying under this category hence 2.2 is a 'yes' and straight to section 3.
I hope I am clear enough on this point. Many thanks.
Regards
Shah
Application send: 10/02/2014
Acknowl received: 17/02/2014
Biometric received: 05/03/2014
Biometric recorded: 05/03/2014
Approval date: 13/06/2014

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:28 pm

Miangee wrote:hi
God really Blessed you as many got refused due to unspent conviction even for traffic offense
Pray for me Brother as i have same time line as yours hope fully God will give me good news this coming week also if you remember we have discussed our spouse application before sending as well .
Can you please let me know application status of your wife as i believe that you have applied same time with your application on Flr (M) with out showing financial requirement.
congratulation again
hiya.

Thanks you all.

my pray for every one who are waiting and who gonna apply:)
Yes I was very much worried abt my case coz of out of time and court fine, Thank God I got it. As I told u all that yesterday i got my approval letter and its sunday today i hope i'll get my BRP till tuesday and yes i applied at the same time for my wife (FLR (M)) and I hv't received any reply for my wife application. hope so coming week i'll get that too:). what I believe that coz her application depend on my application as i get my result so her will be on the way:)

Vladimir2989
Newly Registered

Post by Vladimir2989 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:09 pm

Who looks after the excel sheet ?

can you fix the Date format on it, my entry appears in MM/DD/YYYY, instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

and that excel file is amazing, great idea, thank you very much

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:12 pm

hello guys... i have a very unusual problem here which i suspect may affect my ILR too.

in summary.. i have been on 3C & 3D while i have applied for ILR, along with my wife's FLR(M) in January.

in March my wife received a letter saying "HO usually decide this application in 8 weeks however it will not be possible until your sponsor's decision for ILR is reached and we will decide your application AFTER your sponsor's decison is made by HO", and along with it they requested some extra documents which was sent and received by HO on 21st of March.

following that HO sent a letter dated 21st March with below details
we note that on 22nd January we have received your application, you also served notice to withdraw the appeal being undertaken following the previous application for leave to remain as a dependant partner. the appeal rights for this case did not exhaust until 24th January 2014, and as such this application deems to be in addition to the ongoing appeal. Applicants are not permitted to have more then 1 paid application at any one time and so we have voided this later application of leave to remain, and we arranged for your fees to be refunded.
facts :
1. we faxed the appeal withdrawal request on 21st January which they should have received straight away.
2. why did they not realised and voided the application prior to requesting the documents.
3. its common sense that its overlap for 2 days which was mainly due to HO taking time to update the system with appeal withdrawal.

Anyway.. I am now concerned, my solicitor is saying that its their clerical error and he will write a letter to HO, however i am worried that in between we will loose the time. if we make fresh applicaiton will it be counted as out of time, if so, will it be from 22nd January to now, or will it be from 21st March (when they voided application) till now.

and finally my biggest worry is.. could they void my applicaiton for ILR which was submitted in January on the same ground ( to avoid that i want solicitor to fight for my wife's case on clerical error ground). and if my application come as voided what are the possible options for me as i have noticed my current application is classed as out of time (by 1 day) because i have withdrawn my application.

serious help needed.. I dont want HO to mess about with my ILR chances :( appreciate your input.

NasirNNN
- thin ice -

Post by NasirNNN » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:19 pm

fasaal wrote:
congratulation again
hiya.

Thanks you all.

Yes I was very much worried abt my case coz of out of time and court fine, Thank God I got it. As I told u all that yesterday i got my approval letter and its sunday today i hope i'll get my BRP till tuesday and yes i applied at the same time for my wife (FLR (M)) and I hv't received any reply for my wife application. hope so coming week i'll get that too:). what I believe that coz her application depend on my application as i get my result so her will be on the way:)

did u received acknowledgement letter for ur wife FLR(M) and was fee deducted for her FLR(M)???

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:26 pm

What I suggest is based on this assumption that the main applicant is ILR holder and dependent is applying on the basis of dependent of a person who is NOW settled .i am saying this because if you are keeping pbs in mind then you would not fill this form it's British and settled person dependent form . And everyone know clearly that 10 year ILR holder cannot have any dep form they are using flr and they have to fill the form as settled person dependent because ho will only consider their form when main applicant app is decided .but I hope some senior will shed more light on it.i fill the form by saying no and then selecting first period of remain and get visa easily .i am writing on the basis of my understanding and experience.

shahjee1234 wrote:
maaan143 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:read what is written in bracket it says including previous leave ......

Section 2 point 2.2 which says "is this the first time you ahve applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories "?? yes or no??
yes...................bcaz above category is partner of settled person......not pbs dependent

Dear SSWZ,

This is what in that bracket (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)

fiance or proposed civil parnter leave is different than pbs dependent...
Hi Maaan143 and SSWZ,
I have been looking into the FLR(M) form, and I couldn't agree more with Maaan143, answer to 2.2 should be yes and than go straight to section 3, the reason there be that 2.2 is clearly asking
Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories ?

we rather stop here and look what are the categories they are asking under, there is no mention of a PBS dependent there, it is just to do with the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document. It is clearly about dependents of person settled in UK rather than any PBS dependents, and as this will be their first time applying under this category hence 2.2 is a 'yes' and straight to section 3.
I hope I am clear enough on this point. Many thanks.
Regards
Shah[/quote]
ss

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:29 pm

SSWSZ wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hello Everyone . Experts Please help

I am applying FLR M for my wife tomorrow . Can someone please help me in filling form.

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife came to uk on psw dependent in September 2012. Her visa is expiring July 2014 but i want to avoid the fee increase so applying now.

My application is pending on 10 years ILR

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

yes
no.because this is not you wife first time dependent visa

She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?
after that in 2.3 you should select the first option the reason is they are not going to decide this application until they decide your and when they decide your application this form should be filled as a setteled person dependent form .in this case your wife is applying for 1 period of spouse visa of settled person.

I am assuming that you know very well that you have to request ho to hold your wife visa.

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say?

leave it blank and in other info plus in your covering letter you will mention that you will inform them as soon as you get your decision .

On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK? my application is under consideration for ILR so What base should i mention??????

you have to write long residency as ho is already considering your app on this basis and you will get ILR on the same basis.hope this help.if I am wrong seniors plz correct me.for your peace of mind I am not guessing it I myself wrote these ans and got visa in peo same day just the diff is my hubby got ILR before my visa expires
Please reply .

Regards
Many Thanks for Your Reply. I have applied for my wife and son FLR M on 29-03-2014. Hope ALLAH will do his best .

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:47 pm

mskhan78 wrote:
SSWSZ wrote:
mskhan78 wrote:Hello Everyone . Experts Please help

I am applying FLR M for my wife tomorrow . Can someone please help me in filling form.

I need help in filling the flr m form. My wife came to uk on psw dependent in September 2012. Her visa is expiring July 2014 but i want to avoid the fee increase so applying now.

My application is pending on 10 years ILR

Help on the Form

Setion 2 : I have selected spouse of a person present and settled in the uk and a biometric immigration document. (is this correct?)

yes
no.because this is not you wife first time dependent visa

She is applying flr m for the first time but she is already a dependent. what should i say yes or no?
after that in 2.3 you should select the first option the reason is they are not going to decide this application until they decide your and when they decide your application this form should be filled as a setteled person dependent form .in this case your wife is applying for 1 period of spouse visa of settled person.

I am assuming that you know very well that you have to request ho to hold your wife visa.

In the same section they have a option which says if you are applying for any other reason - please explain below (on page 7) and there is a box to fill in. Do i fill in this box with the details of my ilr pending??

Section 3 point 3.15 "if your sponsor was not british from birth, when did your sponsor obtain settlement? asking for a date what should I say?

leave it blank and in other info plus in your covering letter you will mention that you will inform them as soon as you get your decision .

On what basis did your sponsor obtain settlement in the UK? my application is under consideration for ILR so What base should i mention??????

you have to write long residency as ho is already considering your app on this basis and you will get ILR on the same basis.hope this help.if I am wrong seniors plz correct me.for your peace of mind I am not guessing it I myself wrote these ans and got visa in peo same day just the diff is my hubby got ILR before my visa expires
Please reply .

Regards
Many Thanks for Your Reply. I have applied for my wife and son FLR M on 29-03-2014. Hope ALLAH will do his best .
Hi MSKhan78,
So what did you fill in the application, did you say yes to 2.2 or no ??
What about providing six documents covering the last 2 years in both names ?? Is that for all applicants ? or just for the one who have said NO to 5.1 ??
Mskhan,SSWSZ your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks
Regards
Shah

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Would anyone help me on the FLR(M) application for my dependents. I am not sure about Section 12 DOCUMENTS.
Regards to providing 6 documents in joint names, is it for all the applicants ? Or is it just for people who said No to 5.1 ??
Please any one, feedback is welcome. Many thanks.
Regards
Shah

mskhan78

Post by mskhan78 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi MSKhan78,
What about providing six documents covering the last 2 years in both names ?? Is that for all applicants ? or just for the one who have said NO to 5.1 ??
Regards
Shah[/quote]

HEllo Mr Shah

I Filled 2.2 as ''NO'' assuming that my wife has already got a dependent Visa and which will be counted as first one.and then 2.3 i choosed '' First Option'' First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person as advised by SSWSZ.
For 5.1 I said Yes as she entered UK legally. I am not sure about the six documents but i had them and i sent it. Finger Crossed.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:26 pm

This is for everyone who is applying on flr .the documents I submit for address proof are as follows
1. Tenency agreement on separate names
2. Nhs card on separate names
3. Child full birth certificates both parents name on it
4. Diving licence and it's counter parts both separate for me and my hubby
5. Hospital discharge letters for me only
6. Old ho letters previous ackhnowlegement letter and approval letter to me and my hubby
7. Electricity bill joint name
8 water bill joint names
.i attach only 2 documents on joint names so you can see they will accept separate documents with each name but they should be of same time period.hope this helps
shahjee1234 wrote:Would anyone help me on the FLR(M) application for my dependents. I am not sure about Section 12 DOCUMENTS.
Regards to providing 6 documents in joint names, is it for all the applicants ? Or is it just for people who said No to 5.1 ??
Please any one, feedback is welcome. Many thanks.
Regards
Shah
Last edited by SSWSZ on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ss

londonbd2013
Newly Registered

Post by londonbd2013 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Gurus & our most helpful sister SSWSZ, Vinny & Amber

I believe everyone understand that FLR(M) is extremely tough now. They are holding everyone's case until they got the final verdict from high court & if HO lose that case there is big chance HO will appeal against that decision.I know very well they won't allow my wife's FLR(M) bcoz I can't fulfil £18600 financial requirements.I've to show t to them bcoz my previous leave was Tier4 general student & she was my dependant though she came in UK in July 2009 as a PSW Tier1 dependant.

We got an appointment son one of the PEO but on 284(b) it's clearly written this rule apply for all PBS dependants apart from Tier4 & Tier5 dependants.I din't work last year & I had limited work permit wile I was on tier4. I really don't know how they expect me to show £18600 where as I had limited work permit & I didn't work at all. I've recently got a job offer after got my ILR & I've sign the contract as well. Expected salary from this job & my wife's last year income from her P60 earnings will meet £18600. Do you know whether they will accept it or not? Because I haven't got paid anything from my new job & I can't show any payslips for this.

Under this circumstances could you guy please help me ASAP.Spending sleepless night & can't stop thinking about it. Can't even look at my wife . It's really hard to believe that she's here about 5 years under dependant visa & all of us struggling to extend our love one's visa even though we got ILR / SETTLEMENT.

Please help with any advise that can help anyone.
Many thanks in advance & MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU ALL

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:26 pm

NasirNNN wrote:
fasaal wrote:
congratulation again
hiya.

Thanks you all.

did u received acknowledgement letter for ur wife FLR(M) and was fee deducted for her FLR(M)???

yes her fee was deducted. she got ack letter on 3rd or 4th of January and bio letter on 28 or 29 of january with request of 2 years proof of address with me even i already sent all those documents with her application and in that letter HO also asked about Tendency agreement which I hadn't sent b4 so i sent that with covering letter that I already sent all other documents which were requested in the letter. her Bio given around 28 or 29 of January.

hope u'll get good news soon:)

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:44 pm

They are holding flr form for those who are sending by post .if your appointment is before 6 April then you are worrying for nothing .if you are not filling section 7A then you don't need to provide any specific income .they know you are student and you won't be able to show such income .dont worry plz .even if the worst happen still it's good as they are holding app not rejecting so still you can live together which is the big bonus I guess and then as your job started now you can make app again after 6 month .prepare your case according to pre July rules and leave everything on GOD .by stressing nothing will happen and I am 100% sure you will get visa .

londonbd2013 wrote:Gurus & our most helpful sister SSWSZ, Vinny & Amber

I believe everyone understand that FLR(M) is extremely tough now. They are holding everyone's case until they got the final verdict from high court & if HO lose that case there is big chance HO will appeal against that decision.I know very well they won't allow my wife's FLR(M) bcoz I can't fulfil £18600 financial requirements.I've to show t to them bcoz my previous leave was Tier4 general student & she was my dependant though she came in UK in July 2009 as a PSW Tier1 dependant.

We got an appointment son one of the PEO but on 284(b) it's clearly written this rule apply for all PBS dependants apart from Tier4 & Tier5 dependants.I din't work last year & I had limited work permit wile I was on tier4. I really don't know how they expect me to show £18600 where as I had limited work permit & I didn't work at all. I've recently got a job offer after got my ILR & I've sign the contract as well. Expected salary from this job & my wife's last year income from her P60 earnings will meet £18600. Do you know whether they will accept it or not? Because I haven't got paid anything from my new job & I can't show any payslips for this.

Under this circumstances could you guy please help me ASAP.Spending sleepless night & can't stop thinking about it. Can't even look at my wife . It's really hard to believe that she's here about 5 years under dependant visa & all of us struggling to extend our love one's visa even though we got ILR / SETTLEMENT.

Please help with any advise that can help anyone.
Many thanks in advance & MAY ALLAH BLESS YOU ALL
ss

shantha

Post by shantha » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:26 pm

Vladimir2989 wrote:Who looks after the excel sheet ?

can you fix the Date format on it, my entry appears in MM/DD/YYYY, instead of DD/MM/YYYY.

and that excel file is amazing, great idea, thank you very much
MM/DD/YYYY is the correct format.

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:33 pm

mskhan78 wrote:Hi MSKhan78,
Regards
Shah
HEllo Mr Shah

I Filled 2.2 as ''NO'' assuming that my wife has already got a dependent Visa and which will be counted as first one.and then 2.3 i choosed '' First Option'' First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person as advised by SSWSZ.
For 5.1 I said Yes as she entered UK legally. I am not sure about the six documents but i had them and i sent it. Finger Crossed.[/quote]

Hi MSKhan,
Many thanks for the prompt response, and the guidance. All the best with your wife and son FLR application. Keep us posted mate. Take care.
Kind regards
Shah

shahjee1234

Post by shahjee1234 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:38 pm

[quote="SSWSZ"]This is for everyone who is applying on flr .the documents I submit for address proof are as follows
1. Tenency agreement on separate names
2. Nhs card on separate names
3. Child full birth certificates both parents name on it
4. Diving licence and it's counter parts both separate for me and my hubby
5. Hospital discharge letters for me only
6. Old ho letters previous ackhnowlegement letter and approval letter to me and my hubby
7. Electricity bill joint name
8 water bill joint names
.i attach only 2 documents on joint names so you can see they will accept separate documents with each name but they should be of same time period.hope this helps

Hi SSWSZ,
Many thanks again for the guidance. Absolutely brilliant, you been a God send. Many thanks again. God bless.
Kind regards
Shah