ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how long maximum can i be out of the country

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suemahiyudin
Newly Registered

how long maximum can i be out of the country

Post by suemahiyudin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:45 pm

Hi first of all would like to thank for the advice provided.
Basically I need to know for how ling is the maximum I can be out of the country if I want to apply for ilr in the future. Any link or advise on this is really much appreciated. I wanted to know for let say during school holiday would love to be back to where I came from for about 1 month something like that. Is there a threshold for how long as I dont want to jeopardize the ilr application in the future

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: how long maximum can i be out of the country

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:18 pm

It depends under what category you would be applying for ILR?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

suemahiyudin
Newly Registered

Post by suemahiyudin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:27 pm

i am only thinking for a permanent resident. i am currently under tier 1 entreprenuer visa. only want to be out for about 5 weeks holiday in one shot. is that ok?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:02 pm

PBS applicants should keep their absences to <180 days per 12 month period.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

suemahiyudin
Newly Registered

Post by suemahiyudin » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:46 pm

Thanks a lot amber

I found this
The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants will be allowed to remain outside the UK for maximum 180 days in any calendar year without losing their right to apply for permanent settlement after 3 (if they create 10 full time jobs for 1 year or generate a turnover of £5 million) or 5 years.

single absence exceeding 90 days will not break continuity, but continuity will be broken if absences in any of the 12 consecutive-month periods that make up the continuous period exceed 180 days.

There will be no discretion applied to any absence exceeding 180 days in any of the consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period. If you are absent for 181 days you have broken continuous residence. Only whole days are counted towards this limit.

so if all is right that means it will be ok for me to be back hoke for 5 weeks straight isn't it...

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Yes, you ought to be.