ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Application (Help Needed Urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mudassir
Newly Registered

HSMP Application (Help Needed Urgent)

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:07 pm

I am willing to apply for HSMP shortly...
My question is I have been a student in UK since sep 2003. Initially I did a PGd course from a college in London and then I started MSc at Nortumbria Uni at Necwatsle in Jan 2005 finished that course in July 2006. I again took admission in another course at Northumbria and got my visa extended till Jan 2008, however I didn't attended any classes for that course and travelled back to Pakistan in Dec 2006. Eversince I am in Pakistan and have been working here. Now after carefully reading all the guidance notes I manage to score 75 points on the basis of my age, qualification, UK experience and past earnings. My past earnings cover a period of 6 months from Jan 2007 to Jun 2007. Now I am wondering if I could go back to UK and apply HSMP from there as I have a valid student visa. Also once i get my HSMP approval would I be able to apply for FLR (HSMP) as I have done a degree from a bonafied institution however it ended in July 2006. Can someone comment on this as if I can go that way or should I stay in Pakistan and process my case from here. Your reply to this matter would be highly appreciated.....

Thanks

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:58 pm

You might want to consider how you could legitimately make the argument that you were changing your leave from a 'current' student visa to HSMP if (a) you have dropped out of (or never enrolled in) your second degree program after finishing the first MSc in 2006, and (b) you had worked for six months in 2007 outside the UK, which, by its very nature, confirms that you were out of the country and not enrolled as a student under the terms of that student visa extended to 2008.

It seems fair to say that you could apply for initial HSMP approval using the degree qualification completed in 2006, and on approval then apply for entry clearance from outside the UK. But claiming student status in the last calendar year for the purposes of HSMP approval and requesting FLR (rather than EC) would seem a very hard sell indeed.

AG

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:03 pm

Can't he get it under the coveted gap year?

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:15 pm

That seems to be possible option. But doing so under SEGS (assuming he qualified for that before it was broadened to IGS) could be done within a year after the leave for that first MSc terminated in 2006 (not the student visa extension till 2008, since that's irrelevant here), but with his having left the country since finishing that degree, he would still have to go through entry clearance anyway. It seems to me that he should go for SEGS only if his HSMP application fails.
AG

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:31 pm

Thanks for you early response.....

Gordon,

I cant go for the SEGS cuz I recieved my degree in March 2006 and my congregation was held in July 2006. During march 2006 they had a specific list for SEGS and unfortunately my course didn't fall in that list. Soon after in april 2006 the list again changed and all the courses related to science and engineering were included in SEGS but it was unavailable for me as i recieved my degree in March 2006. So the only option is to go for HSMP. If I decide to take another course would I be able to go for FLR(HSMP) while doing that course.....

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:42 pm

SYH wrote:Can't he get it under the coveted gap year?

Thanks for your reply SYH....

I really didn't understand here wat u meant by coveted gap year.....

I would like to ask the same question to u as well, what if I take another course and then apply FLR (HSMP) during that course.

Thanks!!!

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:51 pm

Of course you could go onto another course, get a student visa for the duration of that course, and then apply for HSMP during that course and apply for FLR (HSMP) thereafter. But what would be the point if you qualify for HSMP now, if you otherwise don't intend to do that course ? What prevents you from applying for HSMP now and then applying for entry clearance within six months of the date of the approval letter ?

By the way, if your course ended in March/July 2006, what were you doing in the UK until December 2006 if you otherwise hadn't attended classes in the subsequent degree program for which you'd been issued a student visa tenable till 2008 ?

AG

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks Gordon for ur response.....

As I mentioned that I had an admission on another degree programme which was commencing in Sep 2006 so I stayed but couldn't start it because of financial problems and eventually returned to Pakistan......

I would rather file an out of country application........

There one more thing I would like to confirm... As mentioned in my first post that although I have studied at a bonafied institution but my first course was at college. Would that affect my application in any way.....

Thanks!!!!!

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:31 pm

As long as the HO issued student visas for the duration of your study (both programmes), it's difficult to see how either would pose a problem in entry clearance, since presumably student visas are only issued for proper programmes - college, university, or otherwise. And at any rate, the later degree programme (the MSc) would be the relevant one for HSMP points accumulation. AG

Mudassir
Newly Registered

Post by Mudassir » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks Gordon for all ur valueable suggestions.....

I really appreciate your help.....