ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help!! Please - PSW to Tier 2 General Work Permit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajkrish1
Newly Registered

Urgent Help!! Please - PSW to Tier 2 General Work Permit

Post by rajkrish1 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Hello All!

Thanks to the moderators and contributors for keeping this forum alive and a well of knowledge to everyone.

I am currently on PSW visa and planning to apply Tier 2 General Work permit (i have just obtained a COS from an A Rated sponsor).

I have some questions on my situation and would be grateful if you could kindly share your thoughts.

1. I received My 1st student visa (Validity: Valid from Nov 2007 to March 2009) in 2007 from India and came to UK in Nov 2009 for my MS studies, however i couldn't complete that degree in that university and by Jan 2009 i switched to another university for a new Masters course.

2. I applied and received my Student visa extension (validity: Valid from April 2009 to July 2010) in 2009 when i applied from within UK, this time i managed to finish the theory part on time and my classes got finished by May 2010 except the project. my visa was due to expire by July 2010 so i left to India and completed my project from there by January 2012.

3. So i applied for my PSW from India in March 2012 (validity April 2012 to April 2014), meanwhile i was working in India and since the market was bit weak in UK i decided to get work experience from India. so After almost 3 years being in India i came back to UK in March 2014 with my PSW valid till April 2014.

4. So now i am in UK with a COS from an A rated Sponsor and about to make the application for Tier 2 General

Questions:

Q1. Even though i have a valid PSW visa (till April 2014) but With me being out of country for almost 3 years will have any impact on my Tier 2 General application?

Q2. In my application there IS Question about my course (N8)

Course length - From and To : Do i need to just mention period for which i attended the classes or do i need to include my project time as well

Course started - Jan 2009
Classes finished - May 2010
Project Finished - June 2011
Degree awarded - Aug 2011
PSW applied & received - April 2012

Q3. Since i my Masters degree was awarded by an university in UK i guess i don't have to provide any document for English language requirement (expect the self assessment tool printout)?

Your comments and inputs will be of great help to me.

Kind Regards,
Raj

rajkrish1
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help!! Please - PSW to Tier 2 General Work Permit

Post by rajkrish1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:13 pm

I am planning to make the application tomorrow, could anyone help please?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Post by Sandeep0041 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Raj,

I'm also in a similar situation.
Can you pm me/check your pm?

Cheers

rajkrish1
Newly Registered

Post by rajkrish1 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your PM, but unfortunately i am an not allowed to read/compose PMs (due to being newly registered) :(
Sandeep0041 wrote:Raj,

I'm also in a similar situation.
Can you pm me/check your pm?

Cheers

Sandeep0041
Newly Registered

Post by Sandeep0041 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:29 am

Can you please share your email id?
If you have trouble sharing it here, I suggest you to create a new one and share it here. I will send you an email with my contact details. We can connect. I will be online for the next 10 hours. We can discuss in detail.

I have an A rated sponsor as well. I can introduce you to them.
I'm also considering to apply T1E visa.
Would like to know if you're interested to apply together for a T1E?
-Cheers

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:13 am

shouldnt be any problem. u are on psw and hence they can transfer u to tier 2 with ucos.