ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Dependant- further extension FLR (M) or PBS (T1)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ndson
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Dependant- further extension FLR (M) or PBS (T1)

Post by Ndson » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate if you can get some help in terms of deciding which type of application do i have to make to extend my wife's current leave.

I got my ILR in September 2013 as a Tier 1 (general) migrant. My wife had been granted Entry clearance as Tier 1 general dependant visa (Entry Clearance) from 5th May 2012 till 24th April 2014 , however she entered UK on 8th June 2012. Now as her current leave is going to expire in April 2014, I need to apply for futher extention with the correct option/type so that she can then apply for ILT (Settlement) in June 2014 (after completing qualifying perion of 2years).

I know Tier-1 (General) dependant is stright foward way to apply for... but costing me more.

I am not sure about extending her leave on FLR (M). As she entered UK before new rule was implemented on 1st July 2012, does she have to restart the qualifying period for 5 years to be able to apply for ILR?

you help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ndson

ashokkumar
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 Dependant- further extension FLR (M) or PBS (T1)

Post by ashokkumar » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:35 am

Hi,

I think you can combine PBS Dependent leave and FLR(M) Leave as your wife's visa started in May 2012.
You fall under transitional arrangements.

Thanks,
Ashok

vinny

Re: Tier-1 Dependant- further extension FLR (M) or PBS (T1)

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 pm

If she chooses to switch to FLR(M), then she should apply prior to 6th April 2014!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.