ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NTL for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

effem
Newly Registered

NTL for ILR

Post by effem » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi. Can someone please help me. My situation is as follows.

> FEB 2013 : ILR BRP received. I am an Indian Passport holder.

> December 2013: Passport and BRP Lost in India while on a personal trip.

> Immediately reported to BRPLost@ukba..... email address.

> Reply received and instructed to apply for a single entry visa to UK via Indian Visa service for UK Visas (VFS) and to come back to UK and apply for a replacement BRP. [Form BRP(RC)]

> Application submitted to Indian VFS Visa sevices but instead of a Single Entry Visa, they gave me a sticker on my passport page for an Indefinite Leave to Enter with the Expiry date being the same as the Expiry Date of the passport.

> Came to the UK and applied under BRP(RC) to get a replacement BRP but application was rejected due to it being a wrong application. I got a letter saying that I should not apply for another BRP but instead apply for the No Time Limit (NTL) to transfer the ILR from my passport to a BRP.

I am now confused.

Question 1: Do I HAVE to apply for a BRP via NTL especially when my passport already has an ILR stamp?

Question 2: If yes, by when do I need to apply.

Please let me know if something is not clear about my case and I will provide relevant information.

Thanks

Mind_The_Gap

Re: NTL for ILR

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:13 pm

effem wrote:Hi. Can someone please help me. My situation is as follows.

> FEB 2013 : ILR BRP received. I am an Indian Passport holder.

> December 2013: Passport and BRP Lost in India while on a personal trip.

> Immediately reported to BRPLost@ukba..... email address.

> Reply received and instructed to apply for a single entry visa to UK via Indian Visa service for UK Visas (VFS) and to come back to UK and apply for a replacement BRP. [Form BRP(RC)]

> Application submitted to Indian VFS Visa sevices but instead of a Single Entry Visa, they gave me a sticker on my passport page for an Indefinite Leave to Enter with the Expiry date being the same as the Expiry Date of the passport.

> Came to the UK and applied under BRP(RC) to get a replacement BRP but application was rejected due to it being a wrong application. I got a letter saying that I should not apply for another BRP but instead apply for the No Time Limit (NTL) to transfer the ILR from my passport to a BRP.

I am now confused.

Question 1: Do I HAVE to apply for a BRP via NTL especially when my passport already has an ILR stamp?

Question 2: If yes, by when do I need to apply.

Please let me know if something is not clear about my case and I will provide relevant information.

Thanks
Hi effem,

Welcome to the forum!

This link should help.

MindTheGap

effem
Newly Registered

Post by effem » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Thanks for the guidance, MindTheGap.
It's still not clear to me whether I am REQUIRED to apply for a BRP through NTL for my ILR or whether I can continue to have this ILR in my passport for the next 10 years (~ish)?

I am a bit concerned since my wife will be applying for her dependant's visa on my ILR and I don't want to face any problems at that stage.

effem
Newly Registered

Post by effem » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

^BUMP^ :idea: :idea: :idea: