ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 4 REFUSED THEN GIVEN AFTER A 9 MONTHS BATTLE!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ditima98

TIER 4 REFUSED THEN GIVEN AFTER A 9 MONTHS BATTLE!!!

Post by Ditima98 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:53 am

I’m writing this to encourage all those in similar situation. When my Visa application was rejected I ran to this forum for some guidance. To my disbelief, after I had enlisted my situation some people were very quick to state that I stood no chance of success, that chances of getting it were very slim without even offering any way out advice which was very disappointing. Having said that, my sincere thanks goes to individuals like Greenie, who are very open and generous on giving valuable advice.

This my story:
Came to UK 2006 January
After study BA and MSc applied for PSW Visa which came to an end in June 2013.
Before it expired, enrolled for MPhil and applied for extension.
Visa was refused-reasons, not enough maintenance funds and MPhil duration to exceed 8 years. At the time of applying, I had clocked 6 years on student Visa and 2 years PSW. So I had only 2 years to study. The Uni had stated the maximum time of 3 years on the CAS (instead of 18 months) and hence it was refused stating that it will exceed the 8 years capping limit. When I applied, the bank account had only £6,000 (I had thought I had established stay) but they wanted over £20,000. All these reasons came to me as a surprise- I had no clue what so ever and ideas I got from similar scenarios on this forum were very valuable in avoiding making mistakes again.
I got myself a Solicitor who appealed immediately and requested me to do two things-look for £20,000 to be in my account for at least 28 days and also to request the Uni give me fresh CAS based on PhD or MPhil showing duration of 18 months instead of 3 years.

After all these were put in place the Appeal was withdrawn and new applicantion submitted. I got my Visa this week running up to March 2015 at which stage I will only be remaining with 8 months to attain 10 years.
I thank all on this forum who positively advised and edge all those in similar situation never to give up. I am happy at least I can now focus on finishing of my MPhil and who knows I may just go on to become Dr by finishing off PhD after MPhil.
Thanks
ditima

westwood
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 4 REFUSED THEN GIVEN AFTER A 9 MONTHS BATTLE!!!

Post by westwood » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:27 pm

man, what can I say, gratz!

Sorry I have not replied ur email yet, as I was quite upset and busy dealing my visa problem. But I got good news too, I got the visa approval letter, but my BRP card was lost in delivery. Sigh.

All the best in future. :D

Ditima98

Re: TIER 4 REFUSED THEN GIVEN AFTER A 9 MONTHS BATTLE!!!

Post by Ditima98 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Great, Great news-very happy for you. Hoping you sort out your lost Biometric card issue soonest. All the best
ditima