ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen - French Visitor visa rejection - Passport laminate

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daggerhead
Newly Registered

Schengen - French Visitor visa rejection - Passport laminate

Post by daggerhead » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 am

I recently applied for schengen visa along with my wife at TLSContact center. They accepted all documents in the morning. Later reaching home, they called me back in my mobile number and said that my wife's passport lamination is damaged at the edges. And asked me to resubmit the application either with a new passport or with a letter stating that they can process with the application.

I emailed them a letter with scanned copy of the requested letter stating that i am aware about the condition of the passport and they can proceed with the process.

Again the next day another lady from TLSContact called me and said that passport has been rejected by french embassy stating that passport is damaged.

My question - why did TLSContact accepted my passport without noticing damage. Can i get the refund of all service fees paid ? Well to be honest - it was perfect on time of submission. Now they have asked me to come to TLS contact on monday to collect the documents and do a resubmission .

If there was a rejection by french embassy for schengen visitor visa - will they provide and letter with reason.

Please guide me.

Note: Also i didnt submit the old passport for my wife - as she left it back in india which is just a passport without any visa. Well the current passport has my name in spouse name field along with valid UK visa. In UK border they never asked for old passport for her.

Well i am indian passport holder, not sure how long will it take for doing relamination of the passport at indian consulate here at london . Also i am not sure howlong it takes for applying new passport replacing damaged passport.

Any thoughts ????

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:22 am

By writing a letter to TLS, you probably waived any right to fee refund. That was most likely the point of the letter.

You say it was not damaged on submission, in which case how did it get damaged?

daggerhead
Newly Registered

damage - not known

Post by daggerhead » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:30 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:By writing a letter to TLS, you probably waived any right to fee refund. That was most likely the point of the letter.

They said its damaged, tomorrow i am gonna visit TLS and collect the passport in person. When i logged in tlscontact website - it's showing options for me to book another date.

If they consider that there is some damage in the passport why didnt they ask me when i was present in person @TLS. Many questions in my mind , i think that will get answered tomorrow .

bluecole2
- thin ice -

Re: damage - not known

Post by bluecole2 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:34 pm

daggerhead wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:By writing a letter to TLS, you probably waived any right to fee refund. That was most likely the point of the letter.

They said its damaged, tomorrow i am gonna visit TLS and collect the passport in person. When i logged in tlscontact website - it's showing options for me to book another date.

If they consider that there is some damage in the passport why didnt they ask me when i was present in person @TLS. Many questions in my mind , i think that will get answered tomorrow .
daggerhead,

Any progress with your application through tls contact. And how did you proceed in regards to the damaged passport?

daggerhead
Newly Registered

Re: damage - not known

Post by daggerhead » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:43 pm

bluecole2 wrote:
daggerhead wrote:

Any progress with your application through tls contact. And how did you proceed in regards to the damaged passport?

I got my passport laminated without any issues. Only problem is that managing the time between TLS office and indian embassy.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:13 am

I am not sure where this left you. Did you get the visa in the end?

daggerhead
Newly Registered

Visa issued

Post by daggerhead » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:07 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:I am not sure where this left you. Did you get the visa in the end?
Yes got the visa at last.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, that's good news. Thanks for posting back.

rpant
Newly Registered

Please help

Post by rpant » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:06 am

Daggerhead,

I faced the same problem at TLS today. Lamination of my passport is coming out, so they asked me apply again after taking care of the problem.

Please let me know the procedure of getting the re-lamination done at the Indian Embassy in London and the time it will take.

Thanks

bharathbala2003
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen - French Visitor visa rejection - Passport lami

Post by bharathbala2003 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:09 pm

I had a similar issue a few years back and it took 1 week to get a new passport at the embassy in London. pretty straight forward process and takes about half a day.

toofan
Member of Standing

Re: Schengen - French Visitor visa rejection - Passport lami

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:27 pm

do you have to pay again the visa fee ?
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>