ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COE for baby new born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ARUNK115
Newly Registered

COE for baby new born in India

Post by ARUNK115 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi ,

I am a British citizen by Naturalisation and planning to apply for Certificate of Entitlement for baby born in India. My wife is an Indian but with Tier -2 Intra Company Transfer Visa(Eligible to work in UK) and is in India with the baby.
I have been looking at various sites to understand the COE supporting document requirements for the baby but am still not clear.
Please could you let me know if the following supporting document alone is sufficient:
1. My Naturalization Certificate.

Are there any other supporting documents that I would need to submit?..
2. Do I have to send a solicitor certified copy of ALL the pages of British Passport? - Is this required?
3. Do I need to provide my Salary Slips or bank statements?
4. Do I need to provide a letter from my Estate Agent stating the size of the house/No. of rooms?

Kindly Advice. Thank you!

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Re: COE for baby new born in India

Post by lynxukauq » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:22 pm

Your can read about ROA guidelines here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... de_roa.pdf

Required documents are listed in the schedule under "The Immigration (Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in the United Kingdom) Regulations 2006"
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... edule/made

and also UKBA Supporting Document Guidance
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -abode.pdf

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:29 pm

2. Do I have to send a solicitor certified copy of ALL the pages of British Passport? - Is this required?
No just a copy would suffice - Although there is no harm in sending a certified copy but send the Original copy of Naturalisation Certificate
3. Do I need to provide my Salary Slips or bank statements?
You can send three month bank statement to provide evidence that you will able to finance her trip to UK.
4. Do I need to provide a letter from my Estate Agent stating the size of the house/No. of rooms?
No need for this.

ARUNK115
Newly Registered

Post by ARUNK115 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Hi lynxukauq,

Apologies for my late reply - We have now got an appointment for my baby's "Right of Abode" for next week in India. Thank you very much for having taken the trouble to clarify my questions in such a quick and precise manner....Much appreciated!

Thank you!

praks_singh

Post by praks_singh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:43 pm

ARUNK115 wrote:Hi lynxukauq,

Apologies for my late reply - We have now got an appointment for my baby's "Right of Abode" for next week in India. Thank you very much for having taken the trouble to clarify my questions in such a quick and precise manner....Much appreciated!

Thank you!
Hi Arun,

I hope you got the CoE for Right to Abode for your baby.

I am in similar boat. Can you please help me with following question:
1. What is the link to the page to apply for CoE online.
2. Do I need to apply from VFS or directly at British high commission?
3. How long did it take for you to get the CoE.

Thanks & Regards:
praks