ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help needed FLR(M) appointment on wednesday

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lokesh

Urgent Help needed FLR(M) appointment on wednesday

Post by lokesh » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi Guys,

Just need your input in regards to FLR(M) application for my wife.

I am a Tier-1 migrant got ILR in May 2012. My wife joined me as a Tier-1 dependent in Mar 2011 and her tier-1 dependent visa valid till June 2013.

My 1st question is do i need to change her visa to FLR(M) or use her current leave to remain to apply for ILR once she completes 2 years(even though my status has changed to settled)?

If i need to change her visa to FLR(M) (say we need to travel this year) will i be affected by the new immigration rule?

I went through few links on this forum and it seems we fall under new immigration rule for "Maintenance funds" i.e 16,000 pounds for 6 months if we go via FLR(M) route. Please correct me if i'm wrong?

Thanks in advance.

z18runway

Re: Urgent Help needed FLR(M) appointment on wednesday

Post by z18runway » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 pm

lokesh wrote:we fall under new immigration rule for "Maintenance funds" i.e 16,000 pounds for 6 months if we go via FLR(M) route. Please correct me if i'm wrong?

Thanks in advance.
from where did you hear £16000 income threshold ? i think it is £18600, and moreover you wont fall under new rule as your wife is already PBS dependent and you fall under rules introduced before 9th july

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Guys,

My wife's application for FLR(M) was granted in Solihull peo yesterday. My wife's tier-1 dependent visa was valid till June 2013 but i went for FLR(M) as we got travel plans outside UK this year.

Case worker advised us that my wife will be eligible for settlement in Mar 2013.

Thanks all for your input.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:55 pm

lokesh wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife's application for FLR(M) was granted in Solihull peo yesterday. My wife's tier-1 dependent visa was valid till June 2013 but i went for FLR(M) as we got travel plans outside UK this year.

Case worker advised us that my wife will be eligible for settlement in Mar 2013.

congratulations and enjoy your happy moments now, by the way, what about maintenance £16000 or £18600 ? did they ask about it ?

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Lokesh... congratulations on your wife's visa.

I am exactly same situation as yours ... Except I was I Tier -2 General. Me and my wife also need to travel soon.

We got booking for my wife's FLR(M) on this month's 23rd in Solihull. Could you please help by answering below questions...

1. Did you have to fill up the extended Financial Requirement?
2. Did your wife need to show English Requirement Test?
3. For how long she got the VISA for?
4. Did case worker assure you totally that she will able to get ILR (combination of her PBS visa + FLR(M) visa ) regardless new rules? if so
5. Did you ask the case worker in which form she needs to apply for ILR?

I am asking a lot, your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ...

Dino

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 pm

z18runway wrote:

congratulations and enjoy your happy moments now, by the way, what about maintenance £16000 or £18600 ? did they ask about it ?
Nope....i did not ask :(

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi Dino, please find my response in bold as below.

1. Did you have to fill up the extended Financial Requirement? No

2. Did your wife need to show English Requirement Test?
Yes, we provided Degree certificate which is equivalent to degree in UK, he aslso verified same in his system. If you got NARIC certifcate please take it with you otherwise no issues.

3. For how long she got the VISA for? Should be for 2years, but i have to wait for biometric card to confirm it.

4. Did case worker assure you totally that she will able to get ILR (combination of her PBS visa + FLR(M) visa ) regardless new rules? Yes

if so
5. Did you ask the case worker in which form she needs to apply for ILR?
I did not ask, he himself advised that i have to use SET(M) form for settlement.

Also if you got a kid born here, please keep a birth certificate original with you. Even though i haven't included my baby in the dependent list my caseworker did ask for baby birth certificate.

I am asking a lot, your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ...

Dino[/quote]

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks Lokesh for your prompt reply, its very assuring to know that HO will count the time spent as PBS Dependent towards ILR.

However, there are strong argument going on in other threads that, if PBS Dependent already spent 2 years they don't need to FLR(M) rather than they can apply to SET(M) directly. ( well if you need to travel that different case).

Did your case worker give some sort of hints on that? Like why you are applying on FLR(M), you can apply on SET(M) directly later,,,,, you know what i mean.

Please do let me know when you receive the BRP, how long your wife got the visa for?

Appreciated your help mate...

Regards,
DINO

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Dino,

We received bio-metric card on Friday morning, i was really surprised with the super fast response from UKBA. We received bio-metric card just in a day after our peo appointment.

In regards to SET(M) form, my case worker was quite happy to consider my application without any concern. He neither asked any question about shifting to FLR(M) nor he suggested any other options.

Just for you and for others in this forum i would like to add the contents specified in regards to ILR eligibility in my approval letter as below.
In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United kingdom as the spouse. Furthermore since 2 April 2007 applicants for settlement have been required to show they have sufficient knowledge and life in the UK in order to qulaify. You map apply for ILR to remain in UK once you have either passed LIUK test or have improved one level gaining an approved ESOL qualification which includes citizenship material. You must apply before the end of your authorized stay in the UK.

Please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be accessed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules.
Also as per my understanding the person who received Tier-1 dependent visa before 9th July 2012 will not be effected by the new 5year rule and he/she should be able to apply ILR after 2years.

Thanks

Dino99

Post by Dino99 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:22 pm

lokesh wrote:Hi Dino,

We received bio-metric card on Friday morning, i was really surprised with the super fast response from UKBA. We received bio-metric card just in a day after our peo appointment.

In regards to SET(M) form, my case worker was quite happy to consider my application without any concern. He neither asked any question about shifting to FLR(M) nor he suggested any other options.

Just for you and for others in this forum i would like to add the contents specified in regards to ILR eligibility in my approval letter as below.
In order to qualify for settlement you must have completed a period of 2 years in the United kingdom as the spouse. Furthermore since 2 April 2007 applicants for settlement have been required to show they have sufficient knowledge and life in the UK in order to qulaify. You map apply for ILR to remain in UK once you have either passed LIUK test or have improved one level gaining an approved ESOL qualification which includes citizenship material. You must apply before the end of your authorized stay in the UK.

Please understand any future application that you make in the marriage category will be accessed against paragraphs 284 or 287 or 295D or 295G of the immigration rules.
Also as per my understanding the person who received Tier-1 dependent visa before 9th July 2012 will not be effected by the new 5year rule and he/she should be able to apply ILR after 2years.

Thanks
Hi Lokesh,

Wooao that's really fast response from HO. However how long she got the visa for 2 years or 2.5 years?

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:43 pm

hi lokesh and all,

one question from me :

can i submit my SET(O) and my wife FLR(M) at the same time?

one of my friend told me that he was told by the HO to submit the FLR(M) at a later date..

i booked my appointment with 1 dependant ..dont know how does that affect...as now she is not my dependant on the form, i am applying as single applicant and she will apply as single on FLR ( M) these days the premium service sites not working at all..not getting any dates!!

lokesh

Post by lokesh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:53 am

Hi Rajasekhar,

I suggest you take 2 different appointment for you and for your wife, for you book a morning appointment before 11am and for your wife after 2pm.

For most of the straight forward cases the results will be announced by 2PM and once you get your results you can proceed with your wife application.

If you book both at same time and for some reason your application was rejected you will loose both the application fees.

Thanks
rajasekhar_you wrote:hi lokesh and all,

one question from me :

can i submit my SET(O) and my wife FLR(M) at the same time?

one of my friend told me that he was told by the HO to submit the FLR(M) at a later date..

i booked my appointment with 1 dependant ..dont know how does that affect...as now she is not my dependant on the form, i am applying as single applicant and she will apply as single on FLR ( M) these days the premium service sites not working at all..not getting any dates!!

lionking3010
Newly Registered

Post by lionking3010 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi Lokesh,
Can you advise me the list of document you carried for application,Thereason for this question is , the new FLR M
has got section 6 which has lot of question asking like when did you met your sponsor first time etc. My wife has been staying with me since last 2 and half years and I have got my ILR done. I am planning to apply for FLR M this week. Any help is highly appreciated .

rajasekhar_you

Post by rajasekhar_you » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:34 pm

hi lokesh,

just reading back ur dates...i think there is a typo rite? if i am not wrong , u and ur wife visa was expiring in june 2012, and once u got ur ILR in may 2012, u went for FLR M for your wife. u mentioned ur wife's visa is still june 2013 initially nd later u said u got extension as u have travel plans..how come u went for extension when u have such a long time left..eligibility is only before 28 days rite.

can anyone confirm my understanding below ?

someone who has lived 5 yrs on Tier 1and if his dependants finished 2 yrs , then he must go for SET O application with his dependants on the same form?
someone who has live 5 yrs on Tier 1 and his dependant hasnt finished 2 yrs, then she has go for extension using FLR M to complete her remaining period ( that is a big loss of money in short time man,,,,paying fees again for ILR in short period ...wish i had married earlier!!!)
someone who has ILR already and if his dependant wants to apply for ILR , it is SET M application form?
i think with the exp of preparation of my application, i can open a part time consultancy!
sorry i referred 'he' and 'his' in all , i think that is the majority cases.

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi ssws .... I have got ilr through 10 years long residency. My wife have got her flr m on 24/03/2014 for 2 years. Can I apply set m for her at peo? Do I need to show any finance.just for ur information I have extended last visa before July 2012 and it was Tier-4.Thank u for ur help. Tulib143