ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kalps999
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by kalps999 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Hardikjshah83 wrote:
kalps999 wrote:Hello All,

I am silent reader here and must admit this forum is excellent. I have applied for my ILR in January and awaiting decision.

I have a quick question to ask the guru's and expert here. After getting my ILR I have to apply for my wife ILR and Set M. My wife is here since 2007. Do I have to meet financial requirement i.e to show the 18600 annual salary?

Many Thanks in advance
Hi .. It will be good for other users who also believe this is a really helpful forum.. Can u plz provide your timeline for skydrive.

Thx
MY timeline

Application sent : 27th Jan 2014
Acknowledgement letter : 4 Feb 2014
Bio letter : 19th Feb 2014
Bio enrolment : 28th Feb 2014
BRP : waiting
Documents : waiting

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi every one

can anyone guide me with my queries. I know you are very busy but your help in this regard will be very helpful and will be appreciated.

My situation is I got tier 1 general visa which will expire in march 2015 but I am completing my ten years in august 2014.i have my wife and my twins sons (11 months old born in UK ) dependant on me. They got the visa expiring same as mine.my wife is with me for last nine years as dependant. My questions are:

can I and my wife send the application together ILR for myself and dependant for my wife.

I got master's degree from uk do I need English course as well on 10 years basis.and do my wife need English diploma to get dependant visa if yes which one she need( if she got IELTS with 5.0 is that ok)

which form we need for me and my wife

Should we include our children in application or leave them until I get ILR.

Do I need to show any income as people say 18600 is requirement.

any salary requirement to apply on 10 years basis

do i need any funds available in the account to show them

when can wife apply for indefinite once my wife gets dependant visa.

I will be grateful if you guide me.

Regards
shah

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:58 am

shahsahab wrote:Hi every one

can anyone guide me with my queries. I know you are very busy but your help in this regard will be very helpful and will be appreciated.

My situation is I got tier 1 general visa which will expire in march 2015 but I am completing my ten years in august 2014.i have my wife and my twins sons (11 months old born in UK ) dependant on me. They got the visa expiring same as mine.my wife is with me for last nine years as dependant. My questions are:

can I and my wife send the application together ILR for myself and dependant for my wife.

no.if you get ILR due to 10 years then there is no form for dependent .your wife has to apply for flr m first which include 18600 income plus she has to wait 5 more years to get ILR as her time towards ILR start from 0 after getting flr visa this rule is coming from 6 April this year

I got master's degree from uk do I need English course as well on 10 years basis.and do my wife need English diploma to get dependant visa if yes which one she need( if she got IELTS with 5.0 is that ok)

your degree suffice.but if your wife doesnot have any qualification then she can sit for trinity college GESE grade 5 exam which is 10 min exam .for ielts I have no idea she can used expired ielts but I have no idea what level is required and is it acceptable may be someone else tell you that

which form we need for me and my wife
for you it's set(LR) and same for your wife if she apply on 10 year basis otherwise as dependent she need flr(m).

Should we include our children in application or leave them until I get ILR.

it's better if you never include them as you can register them British by virtue of section 1(3) on mn1 form

Do I need to show any income as people say 18600 is requirement.

No for then years ILR that's why it's better if your wife apply ILR on 10 years basis

any salary requirement to apply on 10 years basis
just passports required of last 10 years ,English req and life in uk test .that is all you require

do i need any funds available in the account to show them
no

when can wife apply for indefinite once my wife gets dependant visa.

no she has to wait 5 more years better if she apply on 10 year basis
I will be grateful if you guide me.

Regards
shah
ss

shantha

Post by shantha » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:40 am

kalps999 wrote:
Hardikjshah83 wrote:
kalps999 wrote:Hello All,

I am silent reader here and must admit this forum is excellent. I have applied for my ILR in January and awaiting decision.

I have a quick question to ask the guru's and expert here. After getting my ILR I have to apply for my wife ILR and Set M. My wife is here since 2007. Do I have to meet financial requirement i.e to show the 18600 annual salary?

Many Thanks in advance
Hi .. It will be good for other users who also believe this is a really helpful forum.. Can u plz provide your timeline for skydrive.

Thx
MY timeline

Application sent : 27th Jan 2014
Acknowledgement letter : 4 Feb 2014
Bio letter : 19th Feb 2014
Bio enrolment : 28th Feb 2014
BRP : waiting
Documents : waiting
Done

Malavan
Newly Registered

Post by Malavan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 am

Hi.
Any one can help?
My wife is gonna apply for flrm on Sep.
she will be on maternity leave that time and will get maternity allowance from job centre as she wasn't long enough with her current employer.
Can we use our p60 on September for the 18600 or not?
If yes then we have enough income for September if not the last 3 month payslips wont be enough on September as she won't be able to work till her maternity leave finish.
many thanks for help and advice.

fahadali09
Newly Registered

Post by fahadali09 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 am

Hi

Just to let you know By the Grace of ALLAH I have received ILR Today. Applied on 06/12/2013

fasaal

Post by fasaal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:39 am

fasaal wrote:
fasaal wrote:
Miangee wrote:hi
Faasal congratulation and enjoy your freedom
God really Blessed you as many got refused due to unspent conviction even for traffic offense
i am really happy your success cheers
Pray for me Brother as i have same time line as yours hope fully God will give me good news this coming week also if you remember we have discussed our spouse application before sending as well .
Can you please let me know application status of your wife as i believe that you have applied same time with your application on Flr (M) with out showing financial requirement.
i have got same situation and timeline so plz share your experience
congratulation again
hiya.

Thanks you all.

my pray for every one who are waiting and who gonna apply:)
Yes I was very much worried abt my case coz of out of time and court fine, Thank God I got it. As I told u all that yesterday i got my approval letter and its sunday today i hope i'll get my BRP till tuesday and yes i applied at the same time for my wife (FLR (M)) and I hv't received any reply for my wife application. hope so coming week i'll get that too:). what I believe that coz her application depend on my application as i get my result so her will be on the way:)
hiya.

by the grace of God I got my BRP just now.
thank you every one who helped and prayed for me.

still waiting 4 my wife visa. hoping 4 good:) i believe must get this week.
update for u all.

By the Grace of Allah just got wife documents and passport bk with HO letter that BRP sent separately.

xy304
Newly Registered

Post by xy304 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Hey guys, just a quick question. My wife applied ILR under LR and just received her application acknowledgement letter. However, HO has made a mistake and had one letter in the post code wrong. What is the best way to contact HO and get this amended? I am certain it is their mistake as I have scan copy of the application form and it is all correct.

Many thanks.

Ali1975

Oct-December 2013 Application Sats

Post by Ali1975 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Guys, please see below oct-dec 2013 set(lr) applications stats home office released today

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_statisti

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Thanx for your reply .I appreciate your help.So nice of you. just one more thing to clarify. One lawyer told me that if I apply my wife's visa with my ILR application then I don't need to show any salary for dependan because she came in uk may 2005 and law change in july 2012 . she comes under law placed before jul 2012. Can u plz give me any comments on that from your exerence.

Once again thanx for your reply
Shah

Ak004
Newly Registered

Post by Ak004 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Finally I got my approval letter with all documents , still waiting for BRP but will get it ins ha ALLAH .
Thanks for all your support .
Application : 10/12/2013
Approval date : 28/03/2014
Receive docs : 01/04/2014

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:31 pm

thats what i am saying that july rule is further changing and those who are here before july even those are applying after 6 april 2014 then they have to show this income .your lawyer is wrong .pre july rules are going to finish on 6 april 2014and every one came under new rules this is for dependent of 10 years long residence

shahsahab wrote:Thanx for your reply .I appreciate your help.So nice of you. just one more thing to clarify. One lawyer told me that if I apply my wife's visa with my ILR application then I don't need to show any salary for dependan because she came in uk may 2005 and law change in july 2012 . she comes under law placed before jul 2012. Can u plz give me any comments on that from your exerence.

Once again thanx for your reply
Shah
ss

maaan143

Post by maaan143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks God

I just received approval letter. Having a very gud april fool.
I applied on 6 january 2014.

Just to let u knw, I requested last week for early decision thru email.

Gud luck for awaiting applicants.

GOd Helps

Post by GOd Helps » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:00 pm

maaan143 wrote:Thanks God

good Afternoon,
congrats
did the home office sent you a reply that they will do your application quickly and if it is OK can you please share the reason you wanted an early decision

shahsahab

Post by shahsahab » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:31 pm

I never thought this forum is so quick and so helpful.Once again thanx for your helpful response.Can u plz tell me any link on ukba website which shows this information.My wife got visa until 10mar 2015 .her ten years will be completing 10th may 2015 if she apply on that basis herself as an independent applicant there will be still 34 days short in completing 10 years and that's after 28 days.Dont know what to do.Shall I just apply myself and then she can apply separately. and children separately for passport when I get my ILR.
Regards
Shah

Hardikjshah83
inactive
India

Re: Oct-December 2013 Application Sats

Post by Hardikjshah83 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Ali1975 wrote:Guys, please see below oct-dec 2013 set(lr) applications stats home office released today

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_statisti
atleast it gives us an idea of how many applications were there each month, however December they suggest only 10 completed - where as our own data for skydrive suggest 11 of Dec applications been completed, i think there figures are bit out of date.

cheers for sharing.. i have noticed my annotation on this requesting asking for the internal review :)

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:19 pm

GOd Helps wrote:

good Afternoon,
congrats
did the home office sent you a reply that they will do your application quickly and if it is OK can you please share the reason you wanted an early decision
Congrates Maaan, Good to Jan applications. :D

Can you please fwd HO email and reason please would be much appreciated.

CKP

Post by CKP » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:16 pm

Masive drop on the number of application for November and December. 50% less compared to September and October.

Is it true ?

KashRIz

Post by KashRIz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:23 pm

CKP wrote:Masive drop on the number of application for November and December. 50% less compared to September and October.

Is it true ?
Oh yes it is true as most of the applicants came in UK 10 years ago as students and students used to come here in SEP & OCT in those days. I am hoping to get good news before easter lets hope for the best........
Freedom is every thing.....simply loving it.

prem_singh123
Mood:
India

Post by prem_singh123 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:30 pm

Which email address u used?
Tx

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:33 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Ready.pdf

Page 9 para 7.11 your wife can apply around 12 April 2015 anytime for set (lr) if here 10 years are completing in May .here people are taking about varying application just search the board and you will get many ways to do reach that point

shahsahab wrote:I never thought this forum is so quick and so helpful.Once again thanx for your helpful response.Can u plz tell me any link on ukba website which shows this information.My wife got visa until 10mar 2015 .her ten years will be completing 10th may 2015 if she apply on that basis herself as an independent applicant there will be still 34 days short in completing 10 years and that's after 28 days.Dont know what to do.Shall I just apply myself and then she can apply separately. and children separately for passport when I get my ILR.
Regards
Shah
ss

March_LR14

Post by March_LR14 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Congratulations to everyone who got approval today.

HO already started working on January applications. That's great news. I hope i will get my decision before june.

tulib143
Newly Registered

Post by tulib143 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi sswsz... I have got ilr through 10 years long residency. My wife have got her flr m on 24/03/2014 for 2 years. Can I apply set m for her at peo? Do I need to show any finance.just for ur information I have extended last visa before July 2012 and it was Tier-4.Thank u for ur help. Tulib143

chokedup

Post by chokedup » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:08 pm

does homeoffice celebrate fools day? they must do :) ....because I have
received my letters dated 29/03/2014 with passport and docs today, very pleased, it says in the letter BRP should be with me within 7 working days.
Yesssssssssss!!! thanks once again to this forum and its very helpfull users.

some reason they have returned my previous visa(eu family res permit) which expires in 3 years, Does any one know if that is still valid, as i can use it to travel EU with wife without schengen.

my story; 6 years student, 2 years PSW, 2 years EEA (family member)
docs submitted: 8/01/2014
ack letter received:13/01/2014
payment taken:15/01/201
passport received: 01/04/2014

the whole process almost 3 months

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

yes you can apply for set(m) straightaway as here is home office mail which says who ever got flr before 6 April can apply for set m also they can combine residential period of previous leave to remain
Updated in forum
On march 24. Link is this

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... .html?sd=d

maaan143 wrote:
hi I send an email got this response from home office,

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your further email.

As outlined in our previous email, on 6 April 2014 there will be a change to the Immigration Rules that will mean PBS dependants who are applying to ‘switch’ into the Partner of a Settled Person route will have to apply under Appendix FM of the Rules, and will not be able to combine any leave they have accrued as a PBS dependant with leave as a Partner under Appendix FM. This change will apply to all applications made on or after 6 April 2014.

However, those who make an application to switch into the spouse of a settled person category before 6 April 2014, and who were granted leave to enter or remain as the dependant of a PBS migrant prior to 9 July 2012, can be considered under the transitional Part 8 rules for further leave to remain under Paragraph 284. A person meeting these rules would be granted 2 years further leave to remain.

Those who are granted under Part 8 can combine any leave as a PBS dependant, with leave as the partner of a settled person granted under Part 8, to meet the qualifying period under paragraph 287 of the Immigration Rules, which is 2 years. They will need to satisfy all the requirements of these rules, including the English language requirement. Further information on this is available on our website at the following address: https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family

A person meeting the above requirements can consequently apply for settlement at any point after they have competed 2 years in a combination of these 2 categories (PBS dependant and spouse of a settled person).

Our website will be modified on 6 April 2014 to reflect the changes in the Immigration Rules relating to PBS dependants that come into effect on that date.
Kind Regards,

Karen.

Karen Joynt | Family Migration Operational Policy | Immigration and Border Policy Directorate | Home Office

Hello azka,

Can you please forward your ALL corrospondence of UKVI to my email address...sending you message now with my email address...Thankx

tulib143 wrote:Hi sswsz... I have got ilr through 10 years long residency. My wife have got her flr m on 24/03/2014 for 2 years. Can I apply set m for her at peo? Do I need to show any finance.just for ur information I have extended last visa before July 2012 and it was Tier-4.Thank u for ur help. Tulib143
ss