ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to Tier 2 ILR application confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SriSarma
Newly Registered

Work Permit to Tier 2 ILR application confusion

Post by SriSarma » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:22 pm

HI Everyone,
I need some urgent information regarding my friend's ILR application due day after tomorrow.
She entered the country in 2007 on Work Permit. In 2009, her Work Permit extension was converted to Tier 2 (employer sponsored) and has been so since.
She is now applying for her ILR using Set(O) form. Since she has been on Tier 2 for the last 5 qualifying years, she is applying as a Tier 2 applicant.
There is one section in the Set(O) for that asks for the initial entry into UK (section 6.1 & 6.2 - Immigration History) Should this be the date she entered the country just before her 5 years qualifying period (date of entry just before April 01, 2009 on Tier 2 visa) or should she enter the date as the date she first entered the country in 2007?

She has letter from her employer for the dates she has been away from the country in the last 5 years (i.e. from 2009). However if this has to be from 2007, its a bit late to get an updated letter from her employer. I was suggesting that she prepare a self signed letter that mentions her absence from 2007, but also state that she has a letter from the employer only for the qualifying 5 years.

Quick summary
- She is ok to apply as a Tier 2 applicant for ILR?
- Should her initial entry date be mentioned or should it be the date immediately before her 5 years qualifying period?
- If it has to be her initial entry date, will a self signed letter for absence period suffice?

Experts, please treat this as urgent so that she can be helped with her case. Also, please quote any information from the UKBA site that will be helpful to support her claim,