ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does change of passport affect Tier 2 extension?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

magelenn

Does change of passport affect Tier 2 extension?

Post by magelenn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Dear all,

1/ I need to change my passport from Ukrainian to Russian, since Russia annexed Crimea (where i am from) and I was wondering whether UK Border Agency will allow me to apply for my Tier 2 General Extension since I am still employed by the same sponsor on Permanent contract, or since I have my passport changed to Russian I will have to follow different course of application?

2/ May I please confirm whether my total years spent in the UK with the Ukrainian passport will be counted towards ILR or since I am getting Russian passport, my UK time will start from the beginning?

Since the case is so personal, I can not find anything on UKBA website. Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from yourselves,
Meggie

onlooker

Re: Does change of passport affect Tier 2 extension?

Post by onlooker » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:50 am

In my experience UKBA doesn't care much about passports. They rely on the information about you that they themselves collected. In your case I would get the extension with the Ukrainian passport, if that is possible. You will have your new visa separately on a plastic card, and should be able to use it with any passport.

magelenn

Post by magelenn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 pm

onlooker wrote:In my experience UKBA doesn't care much about passports. They rely on the information about you that they themselves collected. In your case I would get the extension with the Ukrainian passport, if that is possible. You will have your new visa separately on a plastic card, and should be able to use it with any passport.
Thank you very much, i really appreciate your help!

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:33 am

read para 218-222 in the T2 policy guidance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... idance.pdf

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:55 pm

[quote="onlooker"]In my experience UKBA doesn't care much about passports. They rely on the information about you that they themselves collected. In your case I would get the extension with the Ukrainian passport, if that is possible. You will have your new visa separately on a plastic card, and should be able to use it with any passport.[/quote

In case of nationality change he will need to make a new application for a BRP.