ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in Employment and Soc code. Please help!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

korikos
Newly Registered

Change in Employment and Soc code. Please help!!

Post by korikos » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:05 pm

Dear Masters and Gurus

I have upcoming ILR application and urgently need to find answers to the below questions. Thank you very much in advance.

1- I worked for the same employer for slightly less than 5 years until July 2013 on Work Permit visa. I changed employment in July 2013 and employed by my current employer on Tier 2 Visa. I became eligible for ILR in January 2014. I was given a letter on the last day with my previous employer and in that letter soc code was written as '2423'. My salary was written to be above the sort code. I asked the employment letter from my current employer and they give my soc code as 3524 and stating that I am paid above the SOC code. I wonder if this change in the SOC code with the change of employment would be looked at by the Home Office and be a ground for refusal of my application. What do you think guys??

2- I have a masters degree from a UK university. I have my transcript and diploma. Do you think would it be enough for the knowledge of language requirement? I called UK NARIC and they told me they dont need to approve it as it is a UK based university.

Apam

Re: Change in Employment and Soc code. Please help!!

Post by Apam » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:39 pm

You only need a letter from your previous employer (if any at all!) For abscences alone. They don't need to quote salaries or soc.
It's your current employer who should give you the ilr letter in the ukba format. They need to quote your soc and salary and also confirm that salary is at or above appropriate rate for your soc.