ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any recent experiences of indian high commission in London?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xyz123

Any recent experiences of indian high commission in London?

Post by xyz123 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi

Just wondering if someone could share any recent experiences of indian high commission in London (either in person or through post) particularly for a passport renewal application?

thanks

ukukukuk2011

Re: Any recent experiences of indian high commission in Lond

Post by ukukukuk2011 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 pm

To be frank , HCI is a nightmare .

I went there some time back when my passport expired .
The people at counter makes you cry for sure .....they want to create issues un-necesarily . a) they said that change in appearance ..go to counter x , from there y from there z ....made me go merry go round ......Then i took my original bank statments and i said they can have it as i dont have xerox and anyway that stament was of no use to me after this ....They said they accept only xerox ....ohh goodness i told madam i am fine with you taking original ...she said No only xerox ...i went out took xerox .....i was so tired and almost dead ...

No idea why they behave that way ...time to privatize the front staff with somebody who can atleast give a smile ....

xyz123 wrote:Hi

Just wondering if someone could share any recent experiences of indian high commission in London (either in person or through post) particularly for a passport renewal application?

thanks

vespasian
Newly Registered

Re: Any recent experiences of indian high commission in Lond

Post by vespasian » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:59 pm

I have been to HCI London about a month back for re-issueing my PP.

I got a nice experience with the guys behind the counter.

I was not carrying a pre-paid envelop with me, still he reviewed my application form and asked me to get envelop afterwards and submit the application straight away to him.

I had some queries regarding an extra form I had to fill in, for which he politely answered all of them as and when he was free.

Overall it was nice experience. And I was delighted that I do not have to come again / wait for long as I did not had the envelop.

May be over the time, they have improved their service, obviously - Desk service :lol: