ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

benfares

English Test

Post by benfares » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Salam Alaykum ,

Basically I am a moroccan and I have just got married in Morocco and want to pass the english test A 1 speaking and lestning , my wife found out about the english test ( home office ) , the home office said ESOL A1 speaking and lestning CEFR .

but when i called the british council ( over 4 times ) in Rabat and told them about the test ( ESOL A1 speaking and lestning CEFR ) they said to me i have to give them the correct name of the test , to be honest i dont get it i'm confused wallah , i asked them to give me some advice about entry clearance spouse visa uk i meant which test do i need to pass , they ignored me .

any one have any suggestions then that will be great ?

plz if anyone else has any info regarding this then please dont hesitate to comment

thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: English Test

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Wa alaikum salam. You need to take the KET test (Key English Test). Here's the link to the British Council site for booking the test.
http://www.britishcouncil.org/morocco-exams-efl-ket.htm
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

benfares

Post by benfares » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:47 pm

thank you so much Casa.

let me ask you plz about that test ( Key ) . do you think the embassy will accept it inshAllah ?

im asking you that bcz it said the key it is not for Spouse Visa

thank you so much for your help and advice .

salam alaykoum

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:00 am

The KET (Key English Test) is accepted for the A1 level English test for a spouse visa application. The British Council in Rabat will confirm this. Here's a link to the Cambridge tests which include KET.
https://support.cambridgeenglish.org/en ... ccepted-A1
Salam
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

kaka786
Newly Registered

Post by kaka786 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:35 pm

AOA,

We applied for spouse visa on 29/06/2015 at Islamabad VAC.

On 29/09/2015 we received refusal letter from VAC in Islamabad.

ECO refused visa as no test results were found on Cambridge English Language Assessment website for Key English Test (KET).

It appears that Grafton College in Islamabad have failed to take the necessary steps in order to make my wife's Key English Test (KET) results available on the UKVI site.

I have an official letter outlining this from the Cambridge English Language Assessment help-desk in London. As per the help-desk agent this is a known issue with Grafton College in Islamabad.

We can access these test results from candidate portal with our username and password, where as for the UKVI the college did not uploaded them how very bizarre.

Can anyone confirm if they had similar experience?

Regards

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:50 pm

My Wife passed the A1 test in May 2014 ( I believe)

Reading the stories here, it makes me think that UKVI is not able to verify the A1 Tests.
How can I check online myself or how do they check it ??

just thought to take precautions and providing screenshots or something

josephbenali
Newly Registered

Post by josephbenali » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:14 am

Hi,

My wife took the IELTS A1 test last week in Rabat and passed :)

this is the test I believe that is needed for a UK spouse visa