ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - English Language Requirement - Valid Docs?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davesam00
Newly Registered

FLR(M) - English Language Requirement - Valid Docs?

Post by davesam00 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Hi, I have been through few posts about English language requirements but I reckon none answer my situation.

I have to get my wife apply for FLR(M) before 1st May 2014 and here is the situation:

1. Her Bachelor's degree is recognized by PBS calculator "Qualification" section and gives 30 points.
2. But her degree scores 0 points in "English language" section.
3. However, she has all 3 year degree "Statement of Marks" (better known marksheets in India) and each clearly states that "Medium of Instruction is English"

What are my options to make sure she clears this weird requirement.

1. Take Letter of Comparison from UK NARIC (obviously they will regard degree equivalent but not english level (reflecting PBS)) and provide marksheets and convocation degree as prrof that degree was taught in English?

OR

2. Just ask her to take an ESOL/CREF or whatever that is?

Thanks for your help guys. Much appreciated.

davesam00
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) - English Language Requirement - Valid Docs?

Post by davesam00 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Hi Guys, can someone please respond. I am running very low on time and need some urgent advice on this.

mrploddy
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) - English Language Requirement - Valid Docs?

Post by mrploddy » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:37 am

I can't comment on your degree certificates but it sounds like your wife would easily pass a GESE test.

If you're not 100% sure that the degree certificate would be acceptable you can do a GESE test for £110. (http://www.englishexamcentres.co.uk) . They have testing centres all over the UK and if you live near London you could virtually get next day appointment and certificate in 10 - 14 days.

It's a 5 minute interview with an examiner and you're asked simple questions in English and job done. It's noted specifically as being acceptable for FLR(M) on the last page of the current document outlining acceptable English tests.

-mrploddy