ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa July 2012

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kalie1
Newly Registered

Spouse visa July 2012

Post by kalie1 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:02 pm

Hello to all. Please advise on this situation if you can. We completed a spouse visa application in July 2012 just before the rules changed. I am going to cut a very long story short. We never made the appointment for my husband to bring all of the documents and have his fingerprints done due to all sort of issues with my job. We are now in a good position to continue the process but our application has expired as it was not completed within 90 days of the application being made. After emailing worldbridge an automated message advised we will need to make a new application. Does anyone know what this means? What about the fee paid and will this new application still be under the old rules. If we have to complete a new form how far back does our evidence need to go e.g payslips. The email received back does not explain this clearly at all. Please advise if you have any understanding of this. Thanks

SoHopeful

Re: Spouse visa July 2012

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:38 pm

You should have requested a refund when you realised he couldn't complete the application process. I'm not sure if you could still obtain that...
You will need to reapply under the new rules unfortunately.
You need between 6-12 months worth of payslips depending on your employment.

You need to take a look at the FM-SE document on the UK A site for full information. You will need to compile additional information confirming genuine relationship and accommodation.

kalie1
Newly Registered

Post by kalie1 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Thank you for your response.
I have contacted WorldBridge in regards to the refund situation and I am awaiting a response.
We will now make another application under the new rules.
I have today been reading this and am I understanding under these rules a job offer for the applicant in the UK will not be taken into consideration under adequate means of maintenance.
I am on a income of £28500 per year and have 1 child.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 pm

No you cannot include a job offer as part of maintenance, however you earn enough with your own salary so no problem there as long as you can provide the correct evidence.

kalie1
Newly Registered

Post by kalie1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Hi the latest update is that worldbridge refused our rr
request for a refund due to the request being out of time. No big surprise there. The next issue I have now is that the tenancy management officer and his manager have refused to write a no objection letter as " we do not sponsor visa application" I have been advised to" get a copy of my tenancy agreement" although this does not state how many bed rooms I have Please advise if there is another way that I can fulfil this requirement with the no objection letter. Thanks