ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long term Staff Partner TO Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ishika

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long term Staff Partner TO Tier 2 General

Post by Ishika » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 am

Hi Manci,

I read somewhere that maximum stay in tier 2 (general) is 6 years. Does that mean that if I get tier 2 (general) visa this year the maximum I can be in UK is next 6 years? Can I apply for ILR after changing my category to tier 2 (general). Currently I am tier 2 ICT dependent. My employer is planning to get my tier 2 (general) visa next year.

Many thanks,
Ishika

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:09 am

Ishika wrote:Hi Manci,

I read somewhere that maximum stay in tier 2 (general) is 6 years. Does that mean that if I get tier 2 (general) visa this year the maximum I can be in UK is next 6 years?
yes, that is correct

Can I apply for ILR after changing my category to tier 2 (general). Currently I am tier 2 ICT dependent.
you will be eligible to apply for ILR after 5 years on T2G

My employer is planning to get my tier 2 (general) visa next year.
whether it is this year (as you said above) or next year they will have to do an RLMT and assign a restricted CoS to you. You will have to apply for the visa from your home country
Many thanks,
Ishika

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 am

Hi All,

I am having Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant partner visa and valid till 30 April, 2015. Just two months back I got permanent job in UK. This job is advertised by some recuritment agency and post filled by almost 1.5 months later by hiring me only. Now company is happy to process my Tier 2 General Visa.
- What will the requirements from my Employer & what will cost him?
- What will be the requirements ffrom my end to do and application fees, etc. Do I need to go to india to take a Visa.
- My spouce is having Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant. So does she also apply with my application or she'll apply later as well within UK only and what are the requirements do need to fullfil ffor her as well.

Please advice and reply on above query asap.

Thanks

seeker1
Newly Registered

Post by seeker1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi aja and Ishika,

My situation is similar as yours... I am flying to India this weekend and will apply for mine and my spouse visa next week. Let's keep sharing the progress through this post. :)

Kind Regards
S

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm

@ Manci,

Many thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in acknowledging that :-)

With respect to sponsorship, some updates :
> Online application was completed and after a week the documents were sent out.
> However, we got a response back yesterday that, sponsorship has been refused.
> Reason - The documents sent were certified by Solicitor and not an accountant it seems.
( This is what i have been told and i have not seen the actual email yet)
> Company is planning to get the documents attested / certified by an account and send them early next week.

This was a bit surprising for me; as the guidance document says this :

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement, either by the issuing authority or by a practicing barrister, solicitor or notary. The certifier
must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Please note that for certified copies, each page of a document submitted must
be certified, clearly detailing the certifier’s name, signature and the organisation he/she represents

extracts from : https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ndix-a.pdf
Page - 6

Cold you please share some thoughts on this. Have some thing been misunderstood please ?

If so, i thought i will gather some input from here and update the HR accordingly.

Many Thanks

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:19 pm

@ishika

RLMT was started, but i believe has to been either redone or dates extended.
Reason being the job posting done in job job center plus did not get published in time.
I think job center plus posting is a mandatory element for RLMT, even though its posted in other job portals.

@manci, i have a question here.

Say for example : if the job is posted in xyz job portal from 1st April to 29 April
But in Job center plus website, posted from 15 April to 15 May

Will that be fine and considered valid please ?

Many Thanks

seeker1
Newly Registered

Post by seeker1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

sorry to jump in!
if I am not wrong date needs to be same on job centre plus and other portals, that's what my employer's solicitor told him.

seeker1
Newly Registered

Post by seeker1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:49 pm

deepakpareek wrote:Hi All,

I am having Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant partner visa and valid till 30 April, 2015. Just two months back I got permanent job in UK. This job is advertised by some recuritment agency and post filled by almost 1.5 months later by hiring me only. Now company is happy to process my Tier 2 General Visa.
- What will the requirements from my Employer & what will cost him?
- What will be the requirements ffrom my end to do and application fees, etc. Do I need to go to india to take a Visa.
You will need to go back to india to apply visa. Check UKBA site for information on fees, requirements etc.
- My spouce is having Tier 2 ICT Long Term Staff migrant. So does she also apply with my application or she'll apply later as well within UK only and what are the requirements do need to fullfil ffor her as well.
You have both the options - apply together from India or she can apply in country once you get your visa.

Please advice and reply on above query asap.

Thanks

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:09 am

Hello Manci,

Regarding running RLMT, HR had checked this a solicitor and did not get a definitive answer on this.
Could you please clarify, if that still holds valid.

Many Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:13 pm

@aja
what is the question you would like an answer to?

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:56 am

@ Manci

Sorry for not clearly stating my question.

The situation i am into is : (dates are approx)

> Company filled the Sponsorship application online and sent the documents to on : 10-March online filling, 14th March Documents sent
> In order to not delay the overall process: For RLMT, the job was posted in Job portal on 14th March
> The job was posted in Jobcentre plus as well, but did not get published for some reason.
> The job was reposted in Jobcentre plus on 28th March
> On 24th March the Application was rejected. Reason - The documents sent were certified by Solicitor and not an accountant it
seems.

> On 1st of April, the documents were resent with required attestation.

Question ?

The Job posted on Job portals and Job centre plus are different days and they overlap by only 2 weeks.
- The job portal job posted in job portal runs from 14th March to 13 th April
- The job posted on Job centre plus runs from 28th March to 27th April

Will this RLMT still be valid please ?

Many Thanks

Say for example : if the job is posted in xyz job portal from 1st April to 29 April
But in Job center plus website, posted from 15 April to 15 May

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:54 am

Hello Manci,

Could you please provide your thoughts on the post just above this please.

Adding a few more questions please :

1. I believe in my case, the company will have to allocate a Restricted COS, as i have to apply from home country ?

2. With the new changes, will the COS have to be applied before 5th of each month and UKBA will decide on them on 11th of each month ?

3. Will i be able to book for a visa appointment (VFS) in my home country before i get the COS ?

4. Reason is to not waste any time. Hope if the sponsorship process gets through fine, i will book for a visa appointment just after the 11th and fly to home country a couple of days in advance, by which i am hoping to attend the appointment at home country on 12 or 13 itself.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:46 pm

aja wrote: The Job posted on Job portals and Job centre plus are different days and they overlap by only 2 weeks.
- The job portal job posted in job portal runs from 14th March to 13 th April
- The job posted on Job centre plus runs from 28th March to 27th April
Will this RLMT still be valid please ?
the two adverts do not need to run concurrently, the two week shift between them is OK. This information is from the HO employer helpline today (0300 123 4699, Alex). You may wish to ring them yourself to confirm.

Adding a few more questions please :

1. I believe in my case, the company will have to allocate a Restricted COS, as i have to apply from home country ?
yes, that is correct

2. With the new changes, will the COS have to be applied before 5th of each month and UKBA will decide on them on 11th of each month ?
yes, the 11th is still the allocation date for applications made on or before the 5th

3. Will i be able to book for a visa appointment (VFS) in my home country before i get the COS ?
in most countries online applications are mandatory . You need to find out what the system is in your home country.

4. Reason is to not waste any time. Hope if the sponsorship process gets through fine, i will book for a visa appointment just after the 11th and fly to home country a couple of days in advance, by which i am hoping to attend the appointment at home country on 12 or 13 itself
see the answer to Q3 above

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:54 pm

Many thanks for the the clarification Manci.

Home country is India and i believe only online applications are accepted.
However, to fill the online application and to secure an appointment will the COS number still be required ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:06 pm

aja wrote:Home country is India and i believe only online applications are accepted.
However, to fill the online application and to secure an appointment will the COS number still be required ?
CoS number is necessary for the application

Ishika

Post by Ishika » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi aja/Manci,

Is it true that during RLMT employers need to keep a shortlist of candidates they have interviewed and make this available together with any notes outlining why these candidates were not suitable for the position?

Do we need to save all the applications received as well?

Thanks,
Ishika

Ishika

Post by Ishika » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi aja,

I am in a similar role as yours (checked in the post 28), currently I am on QA Engineer/SDET ( but also do Lead resposiblities of planning and estimations) role. The reason my company is postponing the T2G is becuase they don't have bandwidth to go thru the applications and take interviews... that is way it has been kept on being postponed. Could I ask you please, how many applicants where there during your RLMT? Is just to make my manager feel better and confident.

I understand that location, package, company, and job title can affect the number of applicants. Just for a basic idea if you can enlighten me :)

Many Thanks,
Ishika

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:54 am

Ishika wrote: Is it true that during RLMT employers need to keep a shortlist of candidates they have interviewed and make this available together with any notes outlining why these candidates were not suitable for the position?

Do we need to save all the applications received as well?
the documents the sponsor must keep in connection with the RLMT are listed in Appendix D to the sponsor guidance, p3 onwards:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

Ishika

Post by Ishika » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks Manci for all the help.

deepakpareek

Post by deepakpareek » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi All,

Anyone applied from Tier 2 ICT dependent to Tier 2 General from India. If they got there new T2G Visa. Please share the info here.

Thanks in advance

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:28 am

Hello Manci,

The first time sponsorship was applied and required documents sent, we did receive an email back about rejection due to some documents not meeting the attestation process.

The second time around, we have sent the documents and its been 3 weeks and I ASSUME there has been no reply, ( i assume because the HR is on Holiday). However when i checked the list of Tier 2 sponsors updated on 24-April, my company name does not list there.

Q ) Is it usual to have such delay when the documents are sent the second time ?

Q) If the sponsorship is approved, does the sponsor list gets automatically updated /immediately updated ?

Q) Is it possible for me to call up UKBA and enquire if the Sponsorship has been approved for my company ?
Will they reply me or should it have to be the Lelvel 1 user as stated in SMS can only enquire for details ?

Any suggestion on how things can be moved a bit faster (if any ) please ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 pm

aja wrote:Hello Manci,

The first time sponsorship was applied and required documents sent, we did receive an email back about rejection due to some documents not meeting the attestation process.

The second time around, we have sent the documents and its been 3 weeks and I ASSUME there has been no reply, ( i assume because the HR is on Holiday). However when i checked the list of Tier 2 sponsors updated on 24-April, my company name does not list there.

Q ) Is it usual to have such delay when the documents are sent the second time ?
it is possible - UKBA don't guarantee the timeframe for processing sponsorship licence applications

Q) If the sponsorship is approved, does the sponsor list gets automatically updated /immediately updated ?
if the sponsorship licence is granted the company's name will appear on the register within 1-2 days.

Q) Is it possible for me to call up UKBA and enquire if the Sponsorship has been approved for my company ?
Will they reply me or should it have to be the Level 1 user as stated in SMS can only enquire for details ?
you can call them (0300 123 4699) and try to get this information but the helpline is really for employers. You don't have to be a Level 1 user to call, and don't even have to give your name, but it would be best if HR called in case the details of the application and the list of documents come up which you are presumably not familiar with.

Any suggestion on how things can be moved a bit faster (if any ) please ?

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:03 am

@manci

Hello Manci,

Finally some good news here.
My company has secured the sponsorship rights. Has now appeared in the latest tier 2 sponsor list.
Many thanks for all your help and suggestions.

The RLMT should be completed in a couple of days and i assume if the company raises a COS before the 5th of May, a decision would be made by 11/12th may.

As my company is dealing with Tier 2 process for the very first time, they wanted me to get some insights of raising the COS correctly the first time.
Any general pointers to be taken care of please ?

It will be after the 1st May when they raise the COS through the SMS. Therefore any info in this regard, no matter however small or big it its, is very much welcomed.

Once Again a Big Thanks for your support.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

@aja
Now that the company got their licence in order for them to use the SMS two pieces of information will be needed: password and username. One of these will come by post which can mean some delay.

General guidance on assigning a CoS is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ng_CoS.pdf

Detailed guidance on assigning a CoS is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... onsors.pdf

After they assigned the CoS ask them to email you a printout and check it (specially skill level, SOC code and salary).

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:29 pm

@manci

Many thanks Manci.

Does, Applying for a Restricted COS
and Allocating a restricted COS happen in 2 different stages ?

Ie; Once the username / password is received through Post / email, the sponsor logs into the SMS and performs 2 steps 1 after another:

Step 1 : Apply for x number of restricted COS
: Which ukba will approve for the X number ( just an assumption); if so, how long does ukba take to approve this ?

Step 2 : Once x number of restricted COS is allocated,
: COS can be raised for an individual utilizing from the allocated number per month ?

I guess both step 1 and step 2 needs to be complete before 5th of each month for a successful COS to be decided by 11/12 th each month ?

Please correct me if my understanding have taken a different turn altogether.