ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long can you stay after EC stamped

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vs007

How long can you stay after EC stamped

Post by vs007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:23 am

Hi ,

I have a question ....

Q> After getting EC stamped is there a time limit within which you have to fly to UK. Can a person fly to Uk after 6 months of EC stamping.

Rgds
Vivek

vs007

Post by vs007 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:57 am

Do we have to travel to UK within 6 months of Visa stamping (EC approval) .. is this correct ... anyone has any idea on this

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:38 pm

you can go so long as your visa is valid. Though its probably not very wise to let too much time pass...

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:11 pm

Hi Lankan .... I heard its only 3 months after the EC done.

and why it is not wise to go after lets say 6-8 months.
If we are getting visa for 2 years then ... for extension after 2 years we have to show only last one year work status etc. ... AM I RIGHT ???

Please advice??

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:28 pm

hsmpTry wrote:I heard its only 3 months after the EC done.
Thats odd - never heard of any such thing. Can you source that? I was made to understand by the agency that processed my visa for me that I can come and go as I please, just bearing in mind the time spent outside of the UK clause (in the guidance notes)

hsmpTry wrote: and why it is not wise to go after lets say 6-8 months.
If we are getting visa for 2 years then ... for extension after 2 years we have to show only last one year work status etc. ... AM I RIGHT ???
Correct. What I meant was pushing past that, leaving yourself less than 12 months at work in the UK. But I'd also consider how much more disposable income you could make in the UK, and for me at least, moving sooner was better.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:57 pm

The 3 months is correct, according to my understanding too...except my day is going a bit too hectic to go find a source (I know, I know, why am I even posting right now? Shh.).

But it's just your initial entry that matters. As the stamp indicates, we are free to come and go throughout the 2 years, as long as no single stay outside the UK is longer than 3 months. Though I've heard that if you come and go incessantly, it may cause suspicion (even if you don't violate the 3 month rule)...that's a whole other topic though!

So yes, you must make your initial entry within 3 months of the start date of your visa stamp.

Amy
LankanFunkin wrote:
Thats odd - never heard of any such thing. Can you source that? I was made to understand by the agency that processed my visa for me that I can come and go as I please, just bearing in mind the time spent outside of the UK clause (in the guidance notes)

Correct. What I meant was pushing past that, leaving yourself less than 12 months at work in the UK. But I'd also consider how much more disposable income you could make in the UK, and for me at least, moving sooner was better.

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:22 am

I've done a bit of Googling and under the current HSMP scheme, it appears that these are the rules:

You must apply for EC within 6 months of your HSMP approval (per the current guidance notes). However, neither the guidance notes nor any of the various official websites quote any time limit for initial arrival once you have your EC stamp.

I did find this, from this site: http://hsmp.ukresident.com/hsmp-faqs/uk-immigration/40

"18.How long have I got, after a successful application decision, to enter the UK?

You must apply for entry clearance at a British Embassy within your own country and within 3 months from the date of your approval letter. You must then enter the UK within 3 months of a successful application for entry clearance."

However, those rules were based on the old HSMP scheme that was discontinued in Nov 2006. So it appears that there used to be a time limit on initial arrival, but now there isn't one (except your visa's expiration date of course).

Common sense, of course, suggests that you arrive as soon as possible because the longer you wait, the more you jeopardize your chances for FLR later on.
apeterso925 wrote:The 3 months is correct, according to my understanding too...except my day is going a bit too hectic to go find a source (I know, I know, why am I even posting right now? Shh.).

But it's just your initial entry that matters. As the stamp indicates, we are free to come and go throughout the 2 years, as long as no single stay outside the UK is longer than 3 months. Though I've heard that if you come and go incessantly, it may cause suspicion (even if you don't violate the 3 month rule)...that's a whole other topic though!

So yes, you must make your initial entry within 3 months of the start date of your visa stamp.

Amy
LankanFunkin wrote:

seek hsmp

Post by seek hsmp » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:48 am

Please shed on more light on this:

Application for EC - within 6 months of approval from HO

EC requested can be back dated 3 months from date of EC application.

(if applicant does not want to travel immediately, he can request a date upto 3 months later in EC application)

Initial HSMP Visa is granted for 2 years. Entry can be made ANYTIME within the two year period stated in the visa sticker. Entry will be successful as long as the visa is valid. There is no deadline for entry as such. (within 2 years)

At the end of 2 year period, FLR is required as per HSMP points/rules existing at the given time.

One can leave/enter UK as many times as needed provided the visa is valid on date of return.

Application for ILR will be refused if one has spent more than 3 months CONTINOUSLY outside UK in the last 5 years.

Hence, no leave from UK for more than 3 consecutive months to qualify for settlement.