ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 Dependent to Tier2-Sponsored

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gunjal
Newly Registered

Tier2 Dependent to Tier2-Sponsored

Post by Gunjal » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi All,
I am in desperate help and advise with my situation.
I am on a tier 2 dependent of my husband who is presently tier 2 sponsored by his company. The Co has decided to move all the business to Europe, resulting in redundancy of my husband, who is a Scientist. He is unable to find a job with another Co willing to sponsor him.
I work-do Accounts and studying Acca- papers in Jun'14 and work with a reputable company,(so accounts graduate) who may be ready to sponsor my visa ie from Tier2 dependent to Tier 2 General after giving the LMT, but there seems a problem here. It looks like i qualify for SOC code 3537 and shows NQF level 4- accounting techniciancannot apply for tier 2, I am confused, Am i eligible to get a Tier 2 visa?
I am emphasising again, My Co may be ready to sponsor me and agree for LMT, so i can apply the visa from India.
Please help, any ideas, sugestions are greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Gunjal

Gunjal
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 Dependent to Tier2-Sponsored

Post by Gunjal » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:45 pm

Guys, please help !!

Thanks,

Apam

Post by Apam » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your issues!
Unfortunately tier 2 visa job has to be at the level of nvq 6 and above. You cannot be sponsored for a job at nvq 4 level.
Convince your company to give you a job at nvq 6 and do RLMT. If no settled uk worker can do it, then they can sponsor you provided they pay you the salary appropriate for the soc .
Meanwhile good luck in your exams in june.

Gunjal
Newly Registered

Post by Gunjal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am

Hi Apam, Thank you for your input in my situation. So if my Co agrees to give me a NQF level 6 job, ie change my contract to a an Accountant position at the same salary, i shoul be able to fix the situation after LMT. the min required is £21,300.
The SOC code for accountant - only mentions as an accountant- is not very clear if the person has to be qualified, as i understand that i dont have to prove I am qualified right?

Thanks

Apam

Post by Apam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Exactly so. You have nothing to prove so long as you can do that job at nvq 6, even if you don't have the qualification but the necessary experience that should suffice.
Of course your exam is in june hence you aren't too far off for a qualification anyway.
Only bear in mind that from 2016 you need 35k for ilr.
The rules have some grey areas which you can take advantage of.
I hope it all goes through and you and husband can come back to the uk on tier 2 general.
Let us know how you get on.

Gunjal
Newly Registered

Post by Gunjal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Thank you Apam, now i will have to try and convince my Manager, dont know if this may work.

Would you or anyone know if i could get the same advice from a Legal person online. The immigration solicitors are very expensive.

Thanks again!

Apam

Post by Apam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:08 pm

law.justanswer.co.uk or just google ask online lawyer
They will charge you about £43

Gunjal
Newly Registered

Post by Gunjal » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:44 pm

Thank you.