ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mattu_man
Newly Registered

ILR for Spouse

Post by mattu_man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi there,
I got my ILR approved on 10 year long route in January 2014. My wife applied FLR(M) at the same time as me & she got spouse visa for two years in March 2014. My wife first came to UK in September 2008 on student dependent visa, later it was switched to 2 years work permit holder dependent & now to spouse visa. in 2011 She went back home for one year to look after the new born baby as she could'nt manage on her own in the UK.
I am going to apply MN1 for my Son who was born in the UK.
My question is ... When is the earliest my Mrs. can apply for ILR for her self ?
Thanks.

Apam

Re: ILR for Spouse

Post by Apam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

She can apply for ILR 2 years from when work permit dependant visa was issued if that date was before 9th july 2012.
If her work work permit dependant visa was issued after 9th july 2012, then 5 years from that date.

ilrholder78
Newly Registered

Re: ILR for Spouse

Post by ilrholder78 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Better to apply before 06th of April if you can.